PDA

View Full Version : Wilson,that is better -nCode,kFactor or a BLX?

getsby
07-12-2010, 06:21 AM
I did not try till now a BLX line, but kFactor in my opinion has the best control while at nCode there are more than power. At whom what opinions? It is especially interesting to hear on BLX

Povl Carstensen
07-12-2010, 07:18 AM
They are just different rackets in a line that Wilson come up with every two or three years like all other companies mainly for marketing purposes. What you prefer will be highly subjective (but offcourse worthy of a discussion). There seems to be some consensus though that K90 is just about worthy of classic racket status allready.

getsby
07-12-2010, 07:36 AM
I think really to find the ideal racket and not to be switched to a new line each 3 years. As PRO usually prefer older versions-so to the fan it as pertinently

Lendl and Federer Fan
07-12-2010, 09:51 AM
I am biased, n90 suits my game the best.

getsby
07-12-2010, 09:59 AM
My 1HBH with n90 was better than with any other racket! However n90 it is too heavy for me. In game against hard hitters I had time to substitute only a racket, but full swing had not time to do.

Povl Carstensen
07-13-2010, 02:36 AM
I have only swung a N90, and it seemed at bit unwieldy. Love my K90, and havent tried the BLX, so not much of an expert.
My K90 has a Head buttcap, because I didnt like the K cap. This actually makes it a millimeter or two shorter. And I have a Wilson leather grip that is wrapped closer, because I dont like dents between the wraps. This makes the racket a bit heavier/more headlight. I then use a Wilson overgrip. So actually I am playing with a slightly heavier (364g strung), slightly shorter, more headlight K90, he he...

getsby
07-13-2010, 02:59 AM
I love head light balance .But I hate leather grip!

jwbarrientos
07-13-2010, 04:05 AM
A not formal survey (just questions to my ocasional partners @ club) says K > N ... B is so new nobody really found differences.

The interesting point was that 6 of 10 I asked were using N ...

getsby
07-13-2010, 04:24 AM
All wished to feel Roger:)

Donny0627
07-13-2010, 05:02 AM
Never used ncode, hit for a few minutes with the kfactor and found it stiffeer and a tiny tiny bit more powerful than the blx which i think is the best of the three, especially when it comes to feel, i think the "basalt" really does work...

Oo and not tht this matters but i think the kfactor looks the best8-)...

coloskier
07-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Having played with all three (and also the KPS88)

For power - KPS88, KFactor, nCode, BLX
For control - BLX, nCode, KFactor, KPS88

getsby
07-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Thanks for your opinion. It is a pity that BLX it is least powerful from all. I on replacement k-six-one 95(18x20) have ordered BLX Pro Tour. This stick it is much easier, but hoped that power will be adequate

Meriko
07-13-2010, 11:00 AM
my current frame is an Ncode, but I'm currently demoing some BLX's. I definately prefer the feel of BLX over Ncode, but i've never really hit with a Kfactor, so I can't compare all 3

getsby
07-13-2010, 11:24 AM
I read reviews on TW about BLX 6.1 95. Many said that this stick at swing it is easier than k-factor. When I in shop took BLX 6.1 in hands-me so it not seemed.

coloskier
07-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks for your opinion. It is a pity that BLX it is least powerful from all. I on replacement k-six-one 95(18x20) have ordered BLX Pro Tour. This stick it is much easier, but hoped that power will be adequate

You can always get more power by stringing at a lower tension. But then you might lose some control. The one nice thing about the BLX is that it really absorbs your opponents power and makes it easier to return heavy shots, and is very nice on the arm. The KPS88 has so much plowthrough that it doesn't matter how hard your opponents hit, but it can be harsh on the arm.

lisp
07-13-2010, 06:46 PM
N-code - Haven't played with one in a while but from what I can remember... I do not remember really getting any feedback through groundstrokes. Probably just me but maybe because it wasn't my racquet I've always borrowed one to try from one of my friends. In my opinion harsh, maybe due to strings. Probably the one I liked the least out of the 3

K-factor - Raw, crisp feel, lots of vibrations. Felt hollow to me. I didn't really like the feel of this one. Just something about it that seemed iffy. It is though alot better than the N-code.

BLX - Flexier, More Muted, Hardly any vibrations but there are some. Kinda like towards the Microgel Head Prestiges with their muted feel. Surprisingly more forgivable than the K-factor and N-code versions it has a bigger sweetspot. I changed from my PS85s to this racquet just recently.

flashfire276
07-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Everyone is different, which means everyone likes their own thing.

For my opinion, I enjoy N Code the most.

Scientist
07-13-2010, 07:31 PM
I read reviews on TW about BLX 6.1 95. Many said that this stick at swing it is easier than k-factor. When I in shop took BLX 6.1 in hands-me so it not seemed.

What in the world does this mean...

lisp
07-13-2010, 08:05 PM
What in the world does this mean...

When he swung the BLX in the store he felt that the blx version does not swing easier than the kfactor version.

Ross K
07-13-2010, 10:13 PM
Re a whole line (K, N, BLX) - I don't know which is better. But as re individual frames though, the K90 indeed seems to have already gained 'classic' status. And ... imo... the N95 is a truly great frame and arguably the last great frame in terms of quality build, lineage and performance before all the newer, some would say far lower standard tech/quality came in more recently.

parasailing
07-13-2010, 10:37 PM
You can always get more power by stringing at a lower tension. But then you might lose some control. The one nice thing about the BLX is that it really absorbs your opponents power and makes it easier to return heavy shots, and is very nice on the arm. The KPS88 has so much plowthrough that it doesn't matter how hard your opponents hit, but it can be harsh on the arm.

If you use the KPS 88, just string it with a multi or gut and that should take care of the arm or shoulder issue. I know with this racquet, I can not use poly with it as it is already such a stiff racquet to begin with.

doodlyd
07-16-2010, 12:12 PM
I played with BLX90 / now i am officially declare this frame is a piece of amateur S...T . There is no feel,its like u r using 10 dampeners at the same time...the is no plow power like k90, Federer must be using those frames when he feels desire to crack something cheap...

I cursed the day when I bought it =))

The best frame is K90 nCode was good but K90 is the best

Wilson BLX90 its like Head FlexPoint Radical tatal crap