PDA

View Full Version : YT Prestige Pro variances?

Matt H.
07-12-2010, 06:40 AM
The first one i received was direct from Head via warranty replacement. I assume it was a fresh batch since I had to wait awhile as they were back ordered.

I picked up a 2nd one last week because I needed a pair for regionals. As anal as it may be, I brought my scale and of the 4 that were in the store, I grabbed the one that was closest matching as possible. They had been in the store since January when it was first released.

Couple things I noticed, the older one in the store just had a picture of wawrinka and simone, the grip size, despite being 4 3/8, felt like a 4 1/2. All the the 3/8's felt bigger in the store actually. The one Head sent me had a picture of Haas on it, and the grip felt like the 3/8's i'm used to.

I strung both of my racquets at the same time, with the same tension. However, this one from the store feels WAAAAAAAAAAAAY softer on impact than the other, and this is was the first weekend it had been hit with compared to my other one I've been using for over a month.

Scratching my head at this one.

ayuname
07-12-2010, 06:51 AM
Its that new graphite everyone is talking about

cmendez79
07-12-2010, 08:03 AM
The first one i received was direct from Head via warranty replacement. I assume it was a fresh batch since I had to wait awhile as they were back ordered.

I picked up a 2nd one last week because I needed a pair for regionals. As anal as it may be, I brought my scale and of the 4 that were in the store, I grabbed the one that was closest matching as possible. They had been in the store since January when it was first released.

Couple things I noticed, the older one in the store just had a picture of wawrinka and simone, the grip size, despite being 4 3/8, felt like a 4 1/2. All the the 3/8's felt bigger in the store actually. The one Head sent me had a picture of Haas on it, and the grip felt like the 3/8's i'm used to.

I strung both of my racquets at the same time, with the same tension. However, this one from the store feels WAAAAAAAAAAAAY softer on impact than the other, and this is was the first weekend it had been hit with compared to my other one I've been using for over a month.

Scratching my head at this one.

I know what are you talking about...

I bought 2 from TW back in January...and for quite some time they felt different...

And just last week I bought a scale...and for my surprise one raquect was 337 g and the other one was 333 g, i mean in tennis thats a HUGEEE difference....they fell like two complete different raquects...

I want to return it, but I dont know if to TW or HEAD.
thanks...

lilxjohnyy
07-12-2010, 08:26 AM
...4 grams is not that bad actually.

[d]ragon
07-12-2010, 05:57 PM
...4 grams is not that bad actually.

On paper it doesn't or to people who aren't sensitive. But I used to have 2 MG Prestige that felt totally different. I liked one much better than the other and didnt really play with the 2nd. Then I sent them in to TW to get matched and the difference was only 4 grams but they swung very differently from each other

esgee48
07-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Lead tape may help the lighter one play more like the heavier one. For obvious reasons, can't take weight off the heavier one. If you can get the balance and weight about the same, you should be able to play with both. There are also some long threads here about adjusting for swingweight, but getting balance and weight approximately the same does it IMO.