PDA

View Full Version : Weight difference btw 2 racquets?

MonicaSelesRulez
05-22-2005, 08:38 PM
I have 2 racquets. One is 3.5 grams heavier than the other and balance is 2 mm diffrent. Is it much? Should I be able to feel the difference? Thanks in advance.

MonicaSelesRulez
05-23-2005, 08:20 AM
***bump***

NoBadMojo
05-23-2005, 08:28 AM
ok i will take a crack at this. i think if the racquet that is heavier is also the one that is LESS headlight, that would be singnificant, but if the heavier frame is the more headlight frame, the swingweights might be quite similar and not really noticeable. some people seem to feel really small differences, and others can not even feel bigger changes, and we cant tell you what you feel...

TheRringer
05-23-2005, 09:28 AM
For two production frames, what you have is VERY SIMILAR. 3.5 grams of static weight is really not that big of a deal, and 2 mm is next to nothing from a balance standpoint. I'm sure that manufacturing process is not perfect, it seems like those specs would fall under the acceptable spec paramaters. If it is noticeable then you could probably take your sticks to an MRT and pay some money like the pros do to match you frames.

tschevap
05-23-2005, 09:34 AM
once i had a weight difference with two Prince Warrior MPs of 16g and difference in balance of more than 1,5cm! That was significant...the two frames played totally difference...

Besides: the serial-numbers were quite close to each other: less than 100frames difference...