PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on a difficult decision!

WeaponX
07-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Im a current user of the ncode six one tour, i was playing this racket since it came out, now i'm in a bit of a dilemma, i chance my backhand to a 2hb, the reason is that i play con clay (really slow clay) and the high topspins ball to my 1bh were difficult to hit. So, this is my question, i'm searching the pair of the n90, i was thinking the blx90, but maybe it would be best to go to something like the blx 95.

I don't know my ntrp, because here we play by categories only (i'm from argentina), here are categories like A,B,C,D (being A the best), i play in the B

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english

Agent Orynge
07-12-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm not sure I understand your dilemma. You've switched to a 2-handed backhand, so now you feel forced to change racquets? Is that correct?

Dgpsx7
07-12-2010, 11:52 PM
if you have a good 1hbh you probably shouldn't change it just so you can hit a higher ball on clay.

I hit high balls with a 1hbh when I want to. Are you sure all the posts on the boards regarding high balls and a 1hbh aren't getting into your head?

120mphBodyServe
07-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Stick to your one hander and getting a 95-100 square inch frame would be a good idea.

Falloutjr
07-13-2010, 04:56 AM
Im a current user of the ncode six one tour, i was playing this racket since it came out, now i'm in a bit of a dilemma, i chance my backhand to a 2hb, the reason is that i play con clay (really slow clay) and the high topspins ball to my 1bh were difficult to hit. So, this is my question, i'm searching the pair of the n90, i was thinking the blx90, but maybe it would be best to go to something like the blx 95.

I don't know my ntrp, because here we play by categories only (i'm from argentina), here are categories like A,B,C,D (being A the best), i play in the B

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english

Don't change backhands. Use a semiwestern grip on high balls (waist and up), you'll start cracking em left and right.

WeaponX
07-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Thanks guys for the replies, the thing is that i feel more secure in the baseline with 2hb, y play close to the line, the thing was that i thought that i need a little more forgiving racket, but i decided to stay with the tour 90, now on the other hand, what racket is more similar to the n90, the k90 or the blx90? because i can't find any n90 any more