PDA

View Full Version : Prestige MP vs Aero Drive GT

DownTheLine
07-12-2010, 08:01 PM
I have been hitting with the prestige lately and have liked it, but I'm stuck in between these two racquets. They both have their ups and downs. I currently have the APDC GTs and wondering if I should switch.

My Game: Big Serve and Big forehand. Backhand is a wall just back to their Backhand. I try and stay away from the net, but am trying to include that in my game.

Forehand: Is spinny and hard. Like to get it deep. I have a little trouble flattening it out cross-court for the winner.

Backhand: Like I said before I hit my backhand back to the opponets backhand 95% of the time. It's too heavy of a ball, but I hit it 2-3 feet deeper then the service line most of the time, maybe a little deeper.

Serve: First serve is usually a hard slice, and if I am up or need a point I'll go with a big flat serve. Second serve is a kick serve.

Volleys: My forehand volley is pretty good. Backhand volley,,,ummmm yea not pretty.

AeroPro Drive GT:
Better Backhand
Better Serve
More spin
More consistent serve
Better Backhand
I already 3 of these.

Prestige MP:
Better Forehand
Better Volleys
More control
Better Flat ball
Less consistent with the serve, but is bigger overall.
Backhand is really really bad

What should I do? All the people I hit with say it's close, but think I hit a little better with the prestige. I feel more comfortable with the APDC because I have been using it for almost 2 years.

UHHH I'm stuck but leaning towards the APDC GT

Rockitdog
07-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Stick with what's been working. Too many people fall into the honeymoon period trap. If its not broke, don't fix it.

DownTheLine
07-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Stick with what's been working. Too many people fall into the honeymoon period trap. If its not broke, don't fix it.

That's what I am also thinking. I can go from playing total **** with the prestige and then playing well with it in 2 minutes. That makes me think that I'm still not good enough to play with such a low head(94.5).

ynnek20
07-12-2010, 09:27 PM
yea stick with APD GT i agree with rockitdog i think there is a period with the racket you been using for awhile where u get a lil bored with it or one of your shots you just havent been able to get lol basically you find a flaw which leads your eyes to wonder to another racket but yea unless the APD GT is epically failing you and you hate everything about i stay stick with. cause with every new racket theres an adjustment period with a new stick and your comfortable with the APD GT.

ejewels
07-13-2010, 09:51 AM
I have been playing about 3 years now and I HAD the APD GT. I demoed the Prestige MP and loved it. I now switched. It's a little heavier, but the more HL balance makes it seem like no change at all. I found I got more control and actually served better and more accurate. You can also swing harder and the ball stays in. The ball felt like I plowed through it more with the prestige. Takes a little more effort to play with, but I think ultimately it will make me a better player since its more of a player's stick. You need to put more in for heavy topspin shots too. Oh, and the head is 98 sq. inches, not 94.5". Even if HEAD tends to run bigger, I don't think its that small. I could be wrong tho.

DownTheLine
07-13-2010, 01:09 PM
I have been playing about 3 years now and I HAD the APD GT. I demoed the Prestige MP and loved it. I now switched. It's a little heavier, but the more HL balance makes it seem like no change at all. I found I got more control and actually served better and more accurate. You can also swing harder and the ball stays in. The ball felt like I plowed through it more with the prestige. Takes a little more effort to play with, but I think ultimately it will make me a better player since its more of a player's stick. You need to put more in for heavy topspin shots too. Oh, and the head is 98 sq. inches, not 94.5". Even if HEAD tends to run bigger, I don't think its that small. I could be wrong tho.

Head measures the whole head of the frame so it's always 3 1/2 inches smaller then listed.

I stuck with the APDC GT

Thanks to everyone for posting though.