PDA

View Full Version : Lighter than Prince EXO3 Black?

Fred Freeloader
07-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Have been playing with the EXO3 Black for a while but feel that it might be a touch too heavy for my taste. At net, I notice distinct fatigue after a while. I am playing doubles nearly all the time and have reasonable technique, perhaps about 4.0 standard. I am 45 and have a bit of a history of unspecific elbow (golfers) and shoulder problems. Nothing that keeps me from playing, but annoying. I had the Prince strung with a Softflex, their house multi, so don't think I can do much with the strings. Any ideas what to try next? Having said that - I have gone through APDC and a Radical - I seem to be a serial doubter of racquets. Perhaps it's time to dig in and see this through for a while?

tennisace23
07-13-2010, 11:39 AM
There was thread recently about it not being arm friendly. It does have a very high stiffness rating.

Fed Kennedy
07-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Have you tried the white? It's lighter and has better touch. Those first serve bombs will be gone though...maybe you could trim the headguard on your black like zimonic did to his HEAD.

Ronaldo
07-13-2010, 12:29 PM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage-PXOBKT.html

lefty10spro
07-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Try switching to the exo3 graphite 100. Much much softer. This will solve your pain issues but it will not offer the same power as the black. Tennis is a game of control and you can still pop it with this much more arm friendly option.

BC1
07-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Try switching to the exo3 graphite 100. Much much softer. This will solve your pain issues but it will not offer the same power as the black. Tennis is a game of control and you can still pop it with this much more arm friendly option.

Good Suggestion ^^^.

Also Fed Kennedy's suggestion of the White might be perfect for you. A little lighter, not as stiff, and still plenty of power with a little more control. That would be my pick. Or you could try the Team version of the Black.

I'm surprised the Radical didn't work for you. Totally opposite of the Black, so it may just take a little time to get use to. You may want to give it another shot. Great racquet you just have to learn how to provide your own power, but that can be very rewarding in many ways.

themitchmann
07-13-2010, 02:43 PM
The Exo3 White or the Exo3 Black Team. You might need to customize with a little lead to dial it in.

El Diablo
07-13-2010, 04:52 PM
I'd have a look at the 03 White. Terrific clearance price, much more manageable swingweight, volleys nicely, a little more feel.

cghipp
07-13-2010, 05:14 PM
The Graphite 100 is heavier than the Black. I would try the EXO3 White. It's very arm-friendly. I've had great luck with it, and I am very susceptible to wrist and shoulder problems. I have mine strung with Wilson Sensation at 56-58.

Fred Freeloader
07-14-2010, 01:51 AM
Thanks for all this - the graphite looks too heavy at the moment, tempting though it is. I have a hard time finding the White in the UK where I am based. So it comes down to the Black Team - will try to find a tester for that. Prince are unbelievably badly represented here in the north of England I have to say, but thanks for all the advice.