PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Inception

Tina
07-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Dear TTW Posters,

Is there anyone else a fan of Leonardo DiCaprio? Basically, I grew up watching his movies. His recent movie, Inception, is coming out in July 16. The movie gets great positive feedback from the Rotten Tomatoes. Here is a Trailer at http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi4219471385/

Enjoy!

Tina

FLA10s
07-13-2010, 04:48 PM
I hated Leo for the longest time untill i watched the departed and then i was like "This dude is amazing!."

Shutter island was okay but inception looks awesome and ive been looking forward to it all summer, hope its good.

edberg505
07-13-2010, 04:57 PM
I hated Leo for the longest time untill i watched the departed and then i was like "This dude is amazing!."

Shutter island was okay but inception looks awesome and ive been looking forward to it all summer, hope its good.

Shutter Island sucked something serious!

FLA10s
07-13-2010, 05:05 PM

Lil harsh, it was just okay still watchable.

drakulie
07-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Leo has done some good work:

Catch me if You Can
The Departed
The Aviator
Blood Diamond
This Boys Life
Basketball Diaries

r2473
07-13-2010, 05:46 PM

I liked him in the sitcom "Family Ties".

I think he has gone downhill since then.

aimr75
07-13-2010, 05:58 PM

Catch me if You Can
The Departed
The Aviator
Blood Diamond
This Boys Life
Basketball Diaries

whats eating gilbert grape

fundrazer
07-13-2010, 06:31 PM
Movie looks very interesting, also noticed as you mentioned that it's getting some very good reviews. Might be going to see it Friday with my sister.

Vyse
07-13-2010, 06:44 PM
First off, this movie looks greeeat. I am really looking forward to it, probably the movie of the year. Its ratings have been more than good but outstanding. it was a 97% on rotten tomatoes which is very rare on that site. Love Leo, really liked him in The Departed. The Departed is one of my all time favs.

Really can't wait for this movie

LameTennisPlayer
07-13-2010, 08:08 PM
what is 'inception' like, ive always been a fan of di caprio, even considering he's never had an acting lesson in his life

Tina
07-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Don't forget about his masterpiece- Titanic. One of my favorite.

bezs
07-13-2010, 10:48 PM
Looking forward to it, really liked The Prestige from Christopher Nolan.

GetBetterer
07-13-2010, 11:21 PM
I like movies like Inception.

They have a good plot, (esp. if it has DeCaprio), it has action, CGI effects, I like them.

But he's fatter than he was from Titanic...not liking that so much. :/

Davis937
07-14-2010, 12:41 AM

LOL ... that was good ... you're right ... I completely forgot that he appeared in the series ...

Davis937
07-14-2010, 12:43 AM

Hey, Tina ... I'm glad you're feeling better ... you were a little down (sad) last night, no ...

NickC
07-14-2010, 03:52 AM

I wouldn't call Titanic a masterpiece. That movie made me want to puke, it was awful.

With that being said, Inception looks like it'll be crazy. Nolan is the man, and I can't wait to see it.

ollinger
07-14-2010, 04:59 AM
Even people I know who don't care for epic romances thought Titanic was well made and well acted, diverting and entertaining, and the critics generally praised it. It made someone want to puke? You'd have to have no detectable heart or soul.

LetsGoRoddick
07-14-2010, 05:20 AM
I never liked Titanic too much, and I always thought DiCaprio was too much of a cheesey romance actor for a while. But his recent films have been superb and he is really showing that he is one of the best actors out there. One of my favorite actors now, actually!

I've enjoyed practically all his post Titanic movies, and have come to appreciate Titanic for being pretty epic. Good stuff.

dave333
07-14-2010, 10:05 AM
I can't wait for this movie.

jorel
07-14-2010, 10:07 AM

"Growing pains"

Power Player
07-14-2010, 10:29 AM
I hated Titanic, but I think Leo picks great movies so I always watch them. Titanic was a Cameron movie and he is a massive cheesbag.

Gangs of New York is amazing for a better example. The Beach was even pretty cool.

Shutter Island wasn't even THAT bad. It wasn't awful by any means.

I will definitley check out Inception.

r2473
07-14-2010, 10:37 AM
"Growing pains"

Correct.

Tina
07-14-2010, 05:35 PM
I like "Shutter Island" a lot.

Tina
07-14-2010, 05:40 PM
Looking forward to it, really liked The Prestige from Christopher Nolan.

I like Prestige as well. Christopher Nolan is a British-American film director, 40 years old. He is best known for directing a movie of "Memento".

meg0529
07-14-2010, 08:24 PM

I agree, it was quite anticlimactic for me. Most probably because I expected something amazing!

meg0529
07-14-2010, 08:26 PM

Catch me if You Can
The Departed
The Aviator
Blood Diamond
This Boys Life
Basketball Diaries

I haven't seen "This Boy's Life" but the rest are awesome!

PCXL-Fan
07-14-2010, 08:38 PM
Like many kids in back junior high I resented the popculture loveydovey controllable doting limpwristed manboys like Leo or Nsync that could fulfilled every whim of, steal the attention of the girls in my class. Any social pressure for men conform to lovey dovey manboys was resented.

Seems female sexual preference have finally broken through more resistance and girlyboy justin beiber hairstyle syndrome has overtaken teenage boys.

Both genders are going to always have their fantasy idols they prop up, but as female preferance and pressure for males to become ever more doting and obedient & emmasculate becomes ever more pronounced in the coming years, it'd just be nice for the mainstream to at least acknowledge that females too do to what the male portion of society has been heavily criticized for.

Now days women do no evil and men are the horrible things like Jessie James and Tiger Woods.

Now days I've come to like Leo alot, he's earned his chops and is quite a skilled actor.

bezs
07-15-2010, 01:24 AM
Great movie, story grips you right till the end. Interesting storyline a dream within a dream within a dream.

The scene towards the end which takes place at the wintry location looks similar to one in Batman Begins.

There is something about Ellen Page that makes her really attractive.

fps
07-15-2010, 01:38 AM
I like Prestige as well. Christopher Nolan is a British-American film director, 40 years old. He is best known for directing a movie of "Memento".

he's British, and he's probably best known for The Dark Knight!!!!!

lovecr717
07-15-2010, 02:40 AM

SECOND THAT!!!!

Slazenger07
07-15-2010, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=FLA10s;4864985]I hated Leo for the longest time untill i watched the departed and then i was like "This dude is amazing!."

Same here! Just watched The Departed last night for the second time, badass movie, funny too. I loved Shutter Island, cant wait to see Inception, it looks intense!

NickC
07-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Shutter Island was well-acted, but the story was so predicable it was scary. I watched it a few days ago and by the 45th or so minute I could tell what would happen for rest of the story. A good movie? Yes. But great? Naw.

I can't wait for Inception, though. Might go see it tonight!

onehandbh
07-15-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing it. I gained a lot more respect
for DiCaprio after hearing firsthand from his acting coach how
hard he works to prepare for each role.

btw, in case anyone is interested, check out the book
"Intent to Live" by Larry Moss. Very interesting book giving
insight into the preparation of actors by one of the top teachers
and coach of many oscar winning/nominated actors.

Tina
07-15-2010, 06:03 PM
I can't wait for the movie tomorrow! I just reserved a seat at theater. Is there anyone else do the same?

Tina
07-15-2010, 08:40 PM
he's British, and he's probably best known for The Dark Knight!!!!!

Before Dark Knight, it's a movie of "Memento".

Tina
07-15-2010, 08:40 PM
I hated Titanic, but I think Leo picks great movies so I always watch them. Titanic was a Cameron movie and he is a massive cheesbag.

Gangs of New York is amazing for a better example. The Beach was even pretty cool.

Shutter Island wasn't even THAT bad. It wasn't awful by any means.

I will definitley check out Inception.

I like Gangs of New York as well.

ShooterMcMarco
07-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Caught the midnight showing last night. Awesome movie, probably the best I've seen all year. Make sure you stay attentive when you watch it though otherwise you can get lost. In fact, I'm gonna go watch it a second time. 2 thumbs up.

Tina
07-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Caught the midnight showing last night. Awesome movie, probably the best I've seen all year. Make sure you stay attentive when you watch it though otherwise you can get lost. In fact, I'm gonna go watch it a second time. 2 thumbs up.

Hey, same here. I just got back home from the theater. I really need a conscious security service for my dream :). It's a lovely complex movie.

dave333
07-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Amazing movie experience I thought. Loved the some of the crazy fight scenes, the complexity of it, and I thought the ending was solid.

persondudething
07-16-2010, 06:38 PM
it felt like getting your brain microwaved for 2.5 hours. but that doesnt make it any less awesome.

XFactorer
07-16-2010, 06:44 PM
I saw a midnight showing of it. It was awesome! Great, intricate story line where things are tied together and the story, as deep as it was, was easy to follow. Everything will just make sense at the end. Or will it?

It's a thumbs up from me.

Tina
07-16-2010, 10:53 PM
I saw a midnight showing of it. It was awesome! Great, intricate story line where things are tied together and the story, as deep as it was, was easy to follow. Everything will just make sense at the end. Or will it?

It's a thumbs up from me.

I like the final part of it. It's a reality or dream depends on a person's state of mind.

Vyse
07-17-2010, 11:57 AM
I saw it, loved it, going to buy. It was great from beginning to end and the two and a half hours flew by. I really loved it. 10/10. The ending even kept you guessing which is always great. I think I need to see it a few more times to really pick up and understand everything.

TheLoneWolf
07-17-2010, 12:16 PM
I thought it was really good (even if not Scorsese's best.) I guess I'm the only person in the universe that really liked it.

ayuname
07-17-2010, 08:37 PM
Probably the best movie I've seen in a really, really, long time.

samprasvsfederer123
07-17-2010, 10:00 PM
unfotuanetley he is an illuminati....

TheLoneWolf
07-18-2010, 07:54 AM
LOL. Maybe we should make this easier by making a list of those that ARE NOT illuminati. Those basturds seem to have connections everywhere. I've heard that even Paul the octopus is an illuminati. :)

Sentinel
07-18-2010, 09:19 AM
who ? who ???

TheLoneWolf
07-18-2010, 09:42 AM
who ? who ???
He already said it. James P. Unfotuanetley, Squire. Third Earl of Huggingtittlessey.

J.P. Unfotuanetley made a name for himself in the London of the 1960s, creating such products as the "Spanish Fly" aphrodisiac, and the "Incredible Sea Monkeys." After winning a landmark settlement against a toilet paper company for damages to his sphinctex sustained during a diarrhea attack elicited by an unholy consumption of Jolt Cola and Slim Jims throughout the 1980s, he has spent all his financial resources to subvert all that is sacred in society, promoting such acts as "Vanilla Ice" and "Backstreet Boys." Currently, he is the dark hand in Hollywood that has produced such subversive films as "Bring it On" and "Paulie." Some day his crimes against humanity will be known to all. For now, it's up to some valiant few to live with the terrible knowledge that this m.enace to society is free amongst us.

Tina
07-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Inception is a five star movie for me

I saw it, loved it, going to buy. It was great from beginning to end and the two and a half hours flew by. I really loved it. 10/10. The ending even kept you guessing which is always great. I think I need to see it a few more times to really pick up and understand everything.

Probably the best movie I've seen in a really, really, long time.

Dominik
07-18-2010, 05:54 PM
Absolutely LOVED IT!

ollinger
07-18-2010, 06:01 PM
Hey, was that real or was that part of the dream? The problem with "Inception" is you don't all that much care. Well made fluff is still fluff, and this film has no character development to make you really care what happens; it's a puzzle of no particular consequence. A story without a soul. The last moment of the film told me the director didn't all that much care either what the consequence was.
Last night my wife and I, in a real movie mood, saw "Cyrus" early, grabbed some dinnner, then went to "Inception." The contrast was enlightening. "Cyrus" is kind of a small comedy but has characters so well drawn that you really cared about what happened to them. All of them. Can't say the same about "Inception."

aceX
07-18-2010, 06:41 PM
I hope this movie is good

Tina
07-18-2010, 07:14 PM
I hope this movie is good

Excellent movie, aceX.:)

SempreSami
07-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Can't wait to see this, Nolan blew my mind with Batman Begins and again with The Prestige.

Moose Malloy
07-19-2010, 11:01 AM
The problem with "Inception" is you don't all that much care. Well made fluff is still fluff, and this film has no character development to make you really care what happens; it's a puzzle of no particular consequence. A story without a soul. The last moment of the film told me the director didn't all that much care either what the consequence was.
Last night my wife and I, in a real movie mood, saw "Cyrus" early, grabbed some dinnner, then went to "Inception." The contrast was enlightening. "Cyrus" is kind of a small comedy but has characters so well drawn that you really cared about what happened to them. All of them. Can't say the same about "Inception."

I saw Cyrus the day after I saw Inception. Couldn't agree more. if I saw Inception when I was in high school or college(which is the age of most posters on the internet, I see its now #3 on imdb) it probably would have blown my mind.
I guess I've seen too many movies, spectacles no longer do it for me, I need to care about the characters onscreen, at least a little (and as far as it being original - 'ONE LAST JOB' is actually the setup for the film, & some critics are acting like its 2001 or something)

What a waste of a great cast, esp Joseph Gordon Levitt(who I'm sure will win an Oscar in the next 10 years)

But if you enjoy movies that are thrill rides, you can't do much better than this(but don't let the final shot make you think its more than that)

Peters
07-19-2010, 11:07 AM
After the disappointing TDK (the final third of that film was an atrocious mess), I feel this is a return to form of sorts for Nolan. I won't go into any spoilers, but this is a really solid movie.

Technically very impressive, although perhaps a little too functional overall - it didn't blow me away to the extent others are claiming - but it's nice to see a high-budget film which requires the viewer to switch their brain on. It needs to happen more often.

Not quite a classic though, in my humble opinion.

4/5

genius24
07-19-2010, 11:16 AM
It was really that good huh? Sounds like it's a must watch movie!

ollinger
07-19-2010, 11:22 AM
Peters
Yes, very well made, intricately written, adequately entertaining, high-zoot effects. Activates the brain but not the heart. I tend to think about really good films for days, maybe a week. This one just seems forgettable to me.

Awesome
07-19-2010, 11:51 AM
I think it could have used a bit more character development as well, but I think it was definitely an active choice to leave it a bit more distant, as films that try to highlight the concept rather than the story sometimes do, for a certain feel usually. Every choice is, a sacrifice in some way after all. Kind of like the mazes they were crafting, ultimately, what really is the point once you solve the maze?

Regarding the concept in the first place, it's fairly familiar territory, one of those ideas that almost begs for ambiguity for useful effect, or, I would say, to say something, and it seems like Nolan takes hints of this and almost tries to do so at times but instead opts for more of a hardline and the movie becomes more of a rule based fantasy and I'd say it works fairly well like that. Though the allure of what it could have been is still rather attractive. Still, the approach manages to bring people in rather than alienate and I think that's important.

It has some nice ideas which I won't go into for spoilers, but those ideas aren't exactly explored and sometimes just left there on the table in a "this is what I'm saying" kind of gambit -- exposition instead of action. It has traces of the issues Memento had. You take the concept and develop from the concept instead of pushing the story, and using the concept to tell the story. It results in a lot of plot choices that seem distant and just there to have some kind of structure for a story.

Also, and especially for such a concept with such potential, I feel like there wasn't quite the right balance of imagination and action. A good deal of the action could have been better, or just cut out. The first chase scene comes to mind. It feels out of place and a bit too long. There was only one real scene that tried to touch upon that whole, wonder and romanticism deal and there were definitely a few more places they could have expanded on that. THE ACTION THOUGH. Man, there could have been some really spectacular scenes. Especially when you can pretty much shape the reality around you, like paradox battling or something. Yes, they explained why they couldn't get too crazy, but there were a couple of scenes when that explanation didn't apply.

Also, there wasn't an investment phase to the film, and any emotions we were meant to put into the characters came preloaded and assumed for us with past actions that came in the form of exposition.

Still, as much as it seems like I'm putting down the film, I actually liked it quite a bit. I haven't really been to the theaters much recently, but it's probably still the best thing I've seen in a while. There are things you put in and you have to forsake others. It was still well written and made, and definitely entertaining.

Tina
07-19-2010, 02:44 PM
It was really that good huh? Sounds like it's a must watch movie!

It's a masterpiece movie of year. You must check that out!!

Tina
07-19-2010, 03:00 PM
I think it could have used a bit more character development as well, but I think it was definitely an active choice to leave it a bit more distant, as films that try to highlight the concept rather than the story sometimes do, for a certain feel usually. Every choice is, a sacrifice in some way after all. Kind of like the mazes they were crafting, ultimately, what really is the point once you solve the maze?

Regarding the concept in the first place, it's fairly familiar territory, one of those ideas that almost begs for ambiguity for useful effect, or, I would say, to say something, and it seems like Nolan takes hints of this and almost tries to do so at times but instead opts for more of a hardline and the movie becomes more of a rule based fantasy and I'd say it works fairly well like that. Though the allure of what it could have been is still rather attractive. Still, the approach manages to bring people in rather than alienate and I think that's important.

It has some nice ideas which I won't go into for spoilers, but those ideas aren't exactly explored and sometimes just left there on the table in a "this is what I'm saying" kind of gambit -- exposition instead of action. It has traces of the issues Memento had. You take the concept and develop from the concept instead of pushing the story, and using the concept to tell the story. It results in a lot of plot choices that seem distant and just there to have some kind of structure for a story.

Also, and especially for such a concept with such potential, I feel like there wasn't quite the right balance of imagination and action. A good deal of the action could have been better, or just cut out. The first chase scene comes to mind. It feels out of place and a bit too long. There was only one real scene that tried to touch upon that whole, wonder and romanticism deal and there were definitely a few more places they could have expanded on that. THE ACTION THOUGH. Man, there could have been some really spectacular scenes. Especially when you can pretty much shape the reality around you, like paradox battling or something. Yes, they explained why they couldn't get too crazy, but there were a couple of scenes when that explanation didn't apply.

Also, there wasn't an investment phase to the film, and any emotions we were meant to put into the characters came preloaded and assumed for us with past actions that came in the form of exposition.

Still, as much as it seems like I'm putting down the film, I actually liked it quite a bit. I haven't really been to the theaters much recently, but it's probably still the best thing I've seen in a while. There are things you put in and you have to forsake others. It was still well written and made, and definitely entertaining.

Hi Awesome,

Thank you for your detailed information of this movie. The movie is about notion of exploring the idea of people sharing a dream space - entering a dream space and sharing a dream. That gives us as audiences to image and understand how we, human beings, to access somebody’s unconscious mind. In the movie, Dicaprio is a leader of the unconscious security service. Each team member is in his or her dream where action takes place. That really amazes me. The last scene then cuts to black, leaving it up the audiences to decide if it's a dream or reality. This is a part I like the most. Particularly, I was touched by his sincere love for his wife and children. Yes, you are right, the movie is indeed quite entertaining. Thank you for your reply. Have a pleasant evening!

Tina

Fedace
07-19-2010, 03:05 PM
It's a masterpiece movie of year. You must check that out!!

It looks like from the promos that it is just another fancy CGI effect movie with shortsighted storylines and acting. am i right ?

Tina
07-19-2010, 03:13 PM
It looks like from the promos that it is just another fancy CGI effect movie with shortsighted storylines and acting. am i right ?

Sorry, Dr. Fedace. It's a lovely complex movie. You must pay attention to details to grasp the concept of the movie. In fact, DiCaprio's acting skills are great. Personally, I like it so much. Thanks. -Tina

Fedace
07-19-2010, 03:24 PM
Sorry, Dr. Fedace. It's a lovely complex movie. You must pay attention to details to grasp the concept of the movie. In fact, DiCaprio's acting skills are great. Personally, I like it so much. Thanks. -Tina

What is the storyline exactly ??

Joeyg
07-19-2010, 03:31 PM

Dr Fedace??????????????????????????????

Tina
07-19-2010, 03:39 PM
What is the storyline exactly ??

DiCaprio uses the political connection of his client to clear him of murder charges against his wife. They have an idea that subconscious/unconscious implantation via dream into the follower of a conviction from man himself by his conscious mind’s reckoning. They have to create layers within layers in order to achieve this implantation, this “inception,” as they call it, and there is a risk to all of them, going this deep, that if they die in the dream they do not awake but get cast into limbo where the time dilation might well render them a lifetime before the dream comes to an end. Thanks.

Tina

Tina
07-19-2010, 08:18 PM
DiCaprio- I love you

http://inceptionmovie.warnerbros.com/

http://www.scifitv.com.au/Content/Blog/Pictures/_525/inceptionposter.jpg

Tina
07-19-2010, 08:26 PM
http://www.screenhead.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/inceptionpicture.jpg

Tina
07-19-2010, 08:26 PM
http://vvoice.vo.llnwd.net/e9/5055449.87.jpg

Tina
07-19-2010, 08:29 PM
http://www.accidentalsexiness.com/wp-content/gallery/inception-shoot-102709/fp_3883770_inception_fp4_102609.jpg

AudiOphiLiA
07-19-2010, 08:44 PM
Spoiler Alert: Do not click on this link! (if you haven't seen the flick)

http://www.cinematical.com/2010/07/19/dissecting-inception-six-interpretations-and-five-plot-holes/

Sentinel
07-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Hi Awesome,

Thank you for your detailed information of this movie. The movie is about notion of exploring the idea of people sharing a dream space - entering a dream space and sharing a dream.

Tina
Is that not precisely what is already happening here right now, in what we call the "waking state".

Tina
07-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Is that not precisely what is already happening here right now, in what we call the "waking state".

Thank you for the message, Sentinel. Yes, I heard of "walking state" before. If I am not mistaken, the concept of "walk state" originates from Hindu philosophy.

ProgressoR
07-19-2010, 10:38 PM
^^ hey, if this is part of my dream, I would be winning slams by now, so what gives?

(at least i got the good-looking and all around great guy thing going on - so my dream aint all bad)

Davis937
07-19-2010, 11:15 PM
DiCaprio- I love you

http://inceptionmovie.warnerbros.com/

http://www.scifitv.com.au/Content/Blog/Pictures/_525/inceptionposter.jpg

Hey, is it just me ... or ... can you see a foreboding and very evil face in the sky (... formed by the clouds) ...

SempreSami
07-20-2010, 02:30 AM
Loving the film critics in this thread, I remember some cretin saying that Michael Bay should've directed the Dark Knight instead of Nolan. Then those two and a half hours would've had MORE explosions and Megan Fox for no reason.

ProgressoR
07-20-2010, 03:11 AM
Hey, is it just me ... or ... can you see a foreboding and very evil face in the sky (... formed by the clouds) ...

Good call Davis, i can now see a face too, is it the same one? It is directly above his head, like a football resting on his head?

Tina
07-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Loving the film critics in this thread, I remember some cretin saying that Michael Bay should've directed the Dark Knight instead of Nolan. Then those two and a half hours would've had MORE explosions and Megan Fox for no reason.

Personally, I like Dark knight as well. :)

SempreSami
07-20-2010, 08:59 AM
Batman Begins was better IMO.

Peters
07-20-2010, 09:05 AM
Batman Begins was better IMO.
Indeed, it's a better piece of film-making. All the characters have room to breathe and the story never gets bogged down, unlike in TDK - which, despite some great scenes, was unbelievably messy.

It's Nolan's weakest film IMO.

Tina
07-20-2010, 09:31 AM
Indeed, it's a better piece of film-making. All the characters have room to breathe and the story never gets bogged down, unlike in TDK - which, despite some great scenes, was unbelievably messy.

It's Nolan's weakest film IMO.

Interesting points ^_^.

Tina
07-20-2010, 02:23 PM
http://www.onlinemovieshut.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/inception-review-2010.jpg

Vermillion
07-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Peters
Yes, very well made, intricately written, adequately entertaining, high-zoot effects. Activates the brain but not the heart. I tend to think about really good films for days, maybe a week. This one just seems forgettable to me.

Agreed completely with this post. Film was fine for fancy theatrics, but it was very unmoving. Characterizations were put on the low end of the totem pole in this attempt, in my opinion. Overall though, it wasn't a bad movie.

genius24
07-20-2010, 11:36 PM
so should i watch it or not?

Vermillion
07-20-2010, 11:37 PM
Sure, go see what the hype is all about.

Tina
07-20-2010, 11:37 PM
so should i watch it or not?

Please go for it.:)

babbette
07-21-2010, 03:14 AM
haven't seen it yet but I trust it's going to be good because leo decap is in it plus based on everyone's reviews..

I really hope that this is the film that get's him a very LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNGGG and overdue oscar. it upsets me that his films are always nominated but he gets nothing.

ollinger
07-21-2010, 08:58 AM
DeCaprio's good but so are a lot of people. Paul Newman didn't get an Oscar until he was 60, and I think his body of work compared favorably to Leos. How long did it take until Scorcese got one? But Leo can relax -- I read some years ago tht someone gave him some kind of lifetime achievement award when he was about THIRTY.

ollinger
07-21-2010, 09:00 AM
Ahhh, found it -- The Santa Barbara International Film Festival awarded him a career achievement award when he was 30.

Tina
07-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Honestly, I will marry him if he is single. I've fallen in love with him since college.

Tina
07-22-2010, 01:21 PM
Thank you for your inputs, friends. I wish you all have a wonderful summer.

Love,

Tina

new_tennis_player
07-22-2010, 02:43 PM
It was very enjoyable; the ending is ambiguous, a current trend, as was the case with No Country For Old Men for example.

DiCaprio's character is similar to his Aviator role: a tortured, paranoid fellow; he's got to watch it, as DiCaprio is close to lapsing into parody and becoming unintentionally comical in his somewhat over the top acting.

The gal from Juno is terrifically understated in her role and a perfect counterpoint to DiCaprio's more bombastic style.

Hmm, I wish there were a spoiler thread clearly marked here as well.