PDA

View Full Version : Demo: AG300, Pure Storm, Ignite Team?

Cup8489
07-13-2010, 11:18 PM
I'm going to be demoing these three frames I think, and they're all fairly similar frames with low static weight to generate maximum head speed, but an open pattern and fair amount of power to generate good spin/ pace.

I'm looking for a fourth to demo, and I'm looking for some suggestions and comparisons with the frames I've already listed.

The only one I've already tried is the Pure Storm, which I felt did everything right, and the swingweight is perfect if not a little to low.. so how would it compare to the other two, and any suggested ones you might say?

Thanks a whole lot for everyone's help

(the Search continues!)

Meaghan
07-14-2010, 03:27 AM
prince ozone tour...great racket. IMO these rackets stand up withthe babs from the baseline. They. like the storm have really good touch at the net. Spin is amazing, thin beamed-good feel, a touch heavier but worth a demo.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage-POZT.html

Mig1NC
07-14-2010, 03:40 AM
PRO KENNEX Destiny Advanced (290g unstrung, 98 head)

Pacific X-Force (295g unstrung, 98 head)

Yonex RDiS 200 Lite (295g?, 98 head)

Cup8489
07-14-2010, 10:02 AM
prince ozone tour...great racket. IMO these rackets stand up withthe babs from the baseline. They. like the storm have really good touch at the net. Spin is amazing, thin beamed-good feel, a touch heavier but worth a demo.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage-POZT.html

What's the power like with this one? I used to use the O3 tour 95, but I couldn't really get used to it b/c i felt it was too low powered for me

PRO KENNEX Destiny Advanced (290g unstrung, 98 head)

Pacific X-Force (295g unstrung, 98 head)

Yonex RDiS 200 Lite (295g?, 98 head)

thanks much for this; I had looked at the Yonex previously but neither of the other two you mentioned... I'll have to give them a look.

ohplease
07-14-2010, 10:23 AM
You're looking at moderately stiff, mid plus, open patterned, and light weight. Traditionally, the Dunlop 300 owns this segment and competes with the Babolat Storm and Wilson Tour (KTour, BLX Tour, etc.). The Prince Ignite is the new kid on the block.

Short answer: Wilson KTour. And it's on sale.

Racer41c
07-14-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm going to be demoing these three frames I think, and they're all fairly similar frames with low static weight to generate maximum head speed, but an open pattern and fair amount of power to generate good spin/ pace.

I'm looking for a fourth to demo, and I'm looking for some suggestions and comparisons with the frames I've already listed.

The only one I've already tried is the Pure Storm, which I felt did everything right, and the swingweight is perfect if not a little to low.. so how would it compare to the other two, and any suggested ones you might say?

Thanks a whole lot for everyone's help

(the Search continues!)

In my opinion, the Pure Storm is a unique stick. It has a really plush feel to it, super manuverable and generates a nice amount of spin. Really good control stick. It's a nice serving stick as well (not as good as a Dunlop 500 tour), but you can really place the ball with the PS. I'm demoing it with a EXO Ignite Team and a couple others. The EXO hits a nice ball but it's too demanding for me. Requires proper setup and stroke every single stroke and I'm not that skilled.

Compared to my 4d 300 16x19s I like it better. The PS is more head heavy compared to the AG 300 and hits a heavier ball. Compared to my Kpro open (very similar weight) it's a lot more controlled wheras the Kpro generates more spin and power.

For the folks with arm issues, you should really try the PS with some gut.

cj6666
07-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Hi Racer41c,

I recently added PS to my arsenal (I own AG300, AG500T, and Volkl PB8 ), I admit PS is a tiny bit softer, but I recently have been thinking it's so similar to AG300 that whether it's worthwhile keeping the PS. Although I like AG300, but I keep getting this feeling that AG300 only plays well with new string. Unlike PB8, I can play till the string breaks, AG300 play very crappy once the string is not fresh. Do you have the same feeling? Do you know whether PS will have the same problem? (I am not a string breaker and I don't hit every ball hard)

To Cup8489,

Should you decide to go AG300, remember Dunlop grip is more rectangular. For me, one size smaller feel better. And another stick to consider is Volkl PB8, I like its comfort and the power level is just right. PB8 is the best all rounded racquet for me right now... that is unless PS can take it's place :twisted:

Cheers

chris
07-14-2010, 08:45 PM
aero storm the beeestt!!!. but seriously you should look into this frame its often overlooked and it fits all your criteria

Racer41c
07-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Hi Racer41c,

I recently added PS to my arsenal (I own AG300, AG500T, and Volkl PB8 ), I admit PS is a tiny bit softer, but I recently have been thinking it's so similar to AG300 that whether it's worthwhile keeping the PS. Although I like AG300, but I keep getting this feeling that AG300 only plays well with new string. Unlike PB8, I can play till the string breaks, AG300 play very crappy once the string is not fresh. Do you have the same feeling? Do you know whether PS will have the same problem? (I am not a string breaker and I don't hit every ball hard)

Cheers

In a certain sense yes I agree. The trouble I had with the 300 is if I didn't hit a well constructed ball (right stroke, right placement) then my opponents were eating my lunch. I think the 300 is a great stick for "clean" hitters. I never equated it to fresh strings but I see how they are connected.

Al1978
07-15-2010, 02:27 PM
The Pacific X Force is a very nice frame that reminds me of the Gamma T-7, another flexible but lighter weight player's racquet. It has a soft, plush feel that's rare for a racquet so light. Given the specs, it should make a great platform for customization, too.

Cup8489
07-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Hi Racer41c,

To Cup8489,

Should you decide to go AG300, remember Dunlop grip is more rectangular. For me, one size smaller feel better. And another stick to consider is Volkl PB8, I like its comfort and the power level is just right. PB8 is the best all rounded racquet for me right now... that is unless PS can take it's place :twisted:

Cheers

so what would the grip be more like, a wilson or a head? i can handle both but i prefer babolat grips the most, except maybe prince.

cj6666
07-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Compare to Volkl, Dunlop's grip seems larger. Or perhaps it is Volkl that's too small. I dunno. I don't have a Wilson or Head to compare with.