PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Quality control ? and how much does specs vary ?

Fedace
07-14-2010, 06:40 AM
How much does the specs vary from racket to racket from babolat ? I heard they have very good quality control however not as good as Fisher. and what about Wilson, Prince, and Head ?

DownTheLine
07-14-2010, 06:41 AM
How much does the specs vary from racket to racket from babolat ? I heard they have very good quality control however not as good as Fisher. and what about Wilson, Prince, and Head ?

Babolat is pretty good about it.

Wilson I heard is EXTREMELY bad.

Head is probably the best.

Prince I have no clue.

Fedace
07-14-2010, 06:43 AM
Babolat is pretty good about it.

Wilson I heard is EXTREMELY bad.

Head is probably the best.

Prince I have no clue.

whAT IS pretty good for babolat ? 0.2 oz, 0.1 oz or less ??? hopefully not more...:???:

Lphansen
07-14-2010, 06:47 AM
Straight from the horse´s mouth:

weight +/- 7 gram
Balance +/- 7 mm

lphansen

DownTheLine
07-14-2010, 06:47 AM
whAT IS pretty good for babolat ? 0.2 oz, 0.1 oz or less ??? hopefully not more...:???:

I can't tell the difference in weight. I could tell the difference in SW on my APDCs, but not on my APDC GTs.

DownTheLine
07-14-2010, 06:48 AM

weight +/- 7 gram
Balance +/- 7 mm

lphansen

7 grams!!! Testicles that's alot of weight.

Fedace
07-14-2010, 06:48 AM

weight +/- 7 gram
Balance +/- 7 mm

lphansen

Is the Horse, ERIC Babolat ?? and what is that in oz ? and inches ??:confused:

Fedace
07-14-2010, 06:49 AM
7 grams!!! Holy testicles that's alot of weight.

I know that is why some people have said Babolat Quality control stinks to high heaven........:twisted:

DownTheLine
07-14-2010, 06:51 AM
7 grams is .24 oz.

Fedace
07-14-2010, 06:53 AM
7 grams is .24 oz.

0.24 oz isn't that bad. certainly better than Wilson. Did you know that the Head guard alone on the Pure drive GT weighs 0.31 oz. Bet you didn't know that. and that is just for the bumper guard alone...

120mphBodyServe
07-14-2010, 06:54 AM
Babolat racquets from the reports I've read from people posting here have a tendency to crack.

DownTheLine
07-14-2010, 06:57 AM
Babolat racquets from the reports I've read from people posting here have a tendency to crack.

Yes they do. Not to mention it seems they have more handle problems then the gulf has right now.

Fedace
07-14-2010, 07:02 AM
Yes they do. Not to mention it seems they have more handle problems then the gulf has right now.

what is a Handle ???

Fedace
07-14-2010, 07:02 AM

NOT with their latest model GT versions. New tunston fiber makes the racket super resistant to cracks...

DownTheLine
07-14-2010, 07:04 AM
what is a Handle ???

You know the thing you hold on too on the racquet..?

Rockitdog
07-14-2010, 07:11 AM
I've had more balance issues than actual weight differances with my experiences with Babolat. I had two PDR GTs that both came in at 12.1 ounces but then balanced out way differently.

jwbarrientos
07-14-2010, 08:43 AM
Heard that variations in Babolat are insignificant, in the other hand I saw a 3 Wilson K90s with 12 grams spread.

If quality means variations you should buy all your frames at the same time/store/location otherwise you could get some variations, these previous sentence could be applied to every brand no named Wilson.

If quality means innovations, there are many good brands, in that sense Wilson is on the top of the edge, every 3/4 years come up with something new (not sure if that things really works, but...).

Fedace
07-14-2010, 07:02 PM
You know the thing you hold on too on the racquet..?

what do you mean by handle problems ??? do they just break off when you are hitting the ball ??? never heard of this...:confused:

Fedace
07-14-2010, 07:03 PM
I've had more balance issues than actual weight differances with my experiences with Babolat. I had two PDR GTs that both came in at 12.1 ounces but then balanced out way differently.

What is way different in balance ???? like 1 inch head light and other one was 1.5 inches head light ??

DownTheLine
07-14-2010, 07:08 PM
what do you mean by handle problems ??? do they just break off when you are hitting the ball ??? never heard of this...:confused:

Cracked handles. I've had to send one of mine in because of it.

JavierLW
07-14-2010, 07:14 PM
Even 4 grams of weight difference can be noticeable if you have quite a difference in balance as well.

I bought two Dunlop A300's last year that weighed 4 grams apart but I could never tell the difference, the balance came out to about the same.

I bought a second Wilson KProOpen last year and it was 4 grams heavier AND instead of being the advertised 5 pts HL, it was about a 2.5 pts HL.

That's quite a difference, look at all the racquets out there on the market, it's not like they go from 30 pts HL to 30pts HH, it's a pretty small range in the norm ( 6 pt HL to 3 pt HH ) so it must matter somewhat if you get beyond more then a pt. (a point is a 1/8th of a inch)

Plus you can fix small weight differences with a little lead tape if you want to be anal about it, but it takes a LOT of lead tape to fix a balance issue and then you have a EVEN heavier racquet....

For that reason it should just be unacceptable to deviate balance wise but Babolat (so Ive heard) and Wilson (Ive experience it and seen tons of horror storys on here) seem to get away with it.

Dreamcastin
07-14-2010, 07:27 PM
ive heard plenty of horror stories about wilson, but i myself i guess got lucky and have 3 k90's almost perfectly matched to spec. my buddy on the other hand has 3 babolat pure storm lmtd (nongt). one of them is slightly head heavier and 10 grams heavier.

Fedace
07-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Cracked handles. I've had to send one of mine in because of it.

how would you know if handle is Cracked ?? it is under the grip so you would never see it...

DownTheLine
07-14-2010, 08:16 PM
how would you know if handle is Cracked ?? it is under the grip so you would never see it...

If you shake your racquet by holding it by the handle you can hear it. You also feel it when you hit big serves, or a volley with good stick on it.

Fedace
07-14-2010, 08:20 PM
If you shake your racquet by holding it by the handle you can hear it. You also feel it when you hit big serves, or a volley with good stick on it.

you feel it when you hit ????????????? feel how ?

DownTheLine
07-14-2010, 08:23 PM
you feel it when you hit ????????????? feel how ?

You can hear it and feel it. If you can't don't worry about it.

tiochaota
07-14-2010, 08:28 PM
How about yonex? Any one knows about their qc standards?

Mdubb23
07-14-2010, 08:45 PM
^^Impeccable.

FattyCakes
07-14-2010, 10:32 PM
One of my Babolat Aero Storm Tour Cortex's had that handle problem. It had some weird squeeky noise when I shook the racquet. It sounded like there was something loose in the handle.