PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Swing weight quality control = terrible

Gaspony
07-14-2010, 07:42 AM
just bought two k six one tour about 3 months ago. I brought them into my local proshop and measured on the Babolat machine. Weight was identical with biphase x-1 and two pro overgrips. One Swing weight was 324 and the other 355! seems to be pretty out of spec, especially since I has the two overgrips as the only added weight. Am I SOL on wilson doing anything. I will shoot them an email anyway to see what happens.

dadozen
07-14-2010, 08:19 AM
You should check with Wilson what they can do for you, but that's one of the reasons I don't care for racquets from the big brands( Wilson, Babolat and Head ), despite the fact that I'd enjoy playtesting a BLX90.

Rockitdog
07-14-2010, 08:24 AM
Wilson is horrible, I'll never play with a frame from them. I've heard nothing but bad things about their QC!

getsby
07-14-2010, 09:43 AM
All rackets except yonex become imade in china all of them are awful! Be always ready that the weight and balance of two identical frames will be a miscellaneous!

Wes_Loves_Dunlop
07-14-2010, 09:47 AM
@ rockitdog: and yet you use a head racket which has probably as bad or even worse qc than wilson.

@op: only dunlop, volkl, yonex, and a couple others have really good qc

SFrazeur
07-14-2010, 09:47 AM
Singing it to the choir, sister.

-SF

movdqa
07-14-2010, 10:08 AM
I have 3 KPS88s. The heaviest is 0.4 oz more than the lightest.

I also have two K90s. They feel like two different racquets. When you order Wilsons from, use their racquet matching service to get them as close to each other as possible or ask for a frame at a specific weight.

Rockitdog
07-14-2010, 10:09 AM
@ rockitdog: and yet you use a head racket which has probably as bad or even worse qc than wilson.

@op: only dunlop, volkl, yonex, and a couple others have really good qc

Well, I've never had any issues with Head so I guess I'm fortunate in that manner.