PDA

View Full Version : Jewel goes under cover to a karaoke bar - pretty awesome!

norcal
07-14-2010, 01:54 PM
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4a87d48fdd/undercover-karaoke-with-jewel

Senator Jay Bullworth
07-14-2010, 02:38 PM
"Jerome, d' ya hear that?!!"....warm laugh

Great FYI norcal, thanks.

Reminds me of my 'eastern coastal' constituants who passed along "Blue Oyster Cult" FYI's posing as "Soft White Underbelly" local club entrees.....

Only question: did Jewell play "I'm Goin' to Double-Hockey-Sticks-Hell!" ????

.....ah.....those were the days. :- )

Best wishes to you, the 'Mrs. Norcal', and (by 'extension' ... pun intended) to your Bible-beltin', shame-less "no-feltin' peltin', clam-slammin', swingin-ding-a-lingin' neighbor). ....lol....

best to you norcal....hope all's well.

your never-busted, trusted, pubic servant,
SJB

aimr75
07-14-2010, 03:39 PM
cool vid :)

Davis937
07-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Hey, norcal ... that was great ... thanks for sharing, bro ... video brought a tear to my ONE good eye!

ronalditop
07-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Hey, norcal ... that was great ... thanks for sharing, bro ... video brought a tear to my ONE good eye!

It made my eyes water too. I don't know why, since the video isn't sad at all, on the contrary it's very cheerful.

DonnyDarko
07-14-2010, 06:59 PM
That was soooo cool!

SirGounder
07-14-2010, 07:28 PM
That was awesome

ChipNCharge
07-14-2010, 07:36 PM
.....and (by 'extension' ... pun intended) to your Bible-beltin', shame-less "no-feltin' peltin', clam-slammin', swingin-ding-a-lingin' neighbor)

That thread was a TTW all-time classic!!!

norcal
07-15-2010, 08:24 AM
"Jerome, d' ya hear that?!!"....warm laugh

Great FYI norcal, thanks.

Reminds me of my 'eastern coastal' constituants who passed along "Blue Oyster Cult" FYI's posing as "Soft White Underbelly" local club entrees.....

Only question: did Jewell play "I'm Goin' to Double-Hockey-Sticks-Hell!" ????

.....ah.....those were the days. :- )

Best wishes to you, the 'Mrs. Norcal', and (by 'extension' ... pun intended) to your Bible-beltin', shame-less "no-feltin' peltin', clam-slammin', swingin-ding-a-lingin' neighbor). ....lol....

best to you norcal....hope all's well.

your never-busted, trusted, pubic servant,
SJB All is well in norcal land, SJB. You will be happy to know she is still my neighbor, is over swimming several times a week and her husband is leaving for Pakistan next week for 2 months...to try and convert those evil Muslims to Christianity (no kidding!).

So things could get interesting this summer...especially if I can get her to have a few cocktails...http://forums.clubsi.com/images/graemlins/default/dancingnaughty.gif

ollinger
07-15-2010, 08:46 AM
I suppose this was either cool or a low-rent publicity stunt to bump-start the career, or both.

Dilettante
07-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Would be more fun Federer going undercover to an amateur match.

GPB
07-15-2010, 12:24 PM
that's a pretty cool vid. funny, who you might see in those singin bars.

ronalditop
07-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Would be more fun Federer going undercover to an amateur match.

That would be amazing. I hope they do it sometime in the future.

Dedans Penthouse
07-15-2010, 02:43 PM
girl "ripped it"

schsweeet!....norcal.

SystemicAnomaly
07-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I thought Karen was a bit better than the blond girl (Jewel???). ;)
Thanks for the vid, norcal. It was a gem (pun shamelessly intended).

jamesblakefan#1
07-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Good vid. Would love to see them do this with someone more recognizable (no disrespect to Jewel). Say, Michael Jackson (God rest his soul). I think that one would be hard to get past people. Shades of the old Simpsons episode, anyone?

http://tributomichaeljackson.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/michael-jackson-homer.jpg

Davis937
07-16-2010, 12:18 AM
That would be amazing. I hope they do it sometime in the future.

Hey, ronald ... this would be a great concept for a new reality series, no ... who else could we get to appear on the show ... e.g. ... maybe get the Pope to do a mass at the neighborhood church ... get team Spain to show up at the next AYSO tournament ... get Will Farrell to appear on "Next Comic Standing" ... have Vera Wang appear on that TV show "Down the Runway" (... I forgot the name ... showcase for novice designers) ... convince Beyonce to appear on "America's Got Talent" ... of course all of them would be incognito ... you get the idea ... so, who else can we get to appear on the show ... come on, guys ... we need SUGGESTIONS ...

goober
07-16-2010, 08:06 AM
Good vid. Would love to see them do this with someone more recognizable (no disrespect to Jewel). Say, Michael Jackson (God rest his soul). I think that one would be hard to get past people. Shades of the old Simpsons episode, anyone?

I think Jewel singing a Jewel song is pretty recognizable. I don't see someone on the same stature as Michael Jackson, engaging in this type of stunt. But I think if you have Hollywood doing your disguise- it would be pretty easy to get anybody past the masses- add 50 lbs, wig, fake nose, even change gender., ect.