PDA

View Full Version : My first experience with a rally hero...

Falloutjr
07-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Omg I never thought it would be as annoying as some of you make it sound, but it was horrible. I was hitting with a more "experienced" woman. I figured it was just gonna be a light hitting session. First feed she gives me is like 70mph down the center of the court and I'm like WTF! She followed it to the net and hit a winning volley down the line and I was just stunned. I played it off and just hit her a nice soft feed down the middle and she came forward, took it in the air, and hit another winner and she did this for like 20 minutes straight and when she talked to me she was just nice as could be like she didn't do anything and I was just thinking to myself "Does she think this is a competition?". So yeah, don't be a rally hero. It's really not cool.

aimr75
07-14-2010, 06:19 PM
why did you put up with it for 20 minutes? should have told her to dial it down and then if she wanted later on to play out some points

Davis937
07-14-2010, 06:20 PM
Omg I never thought it would be as annoying as some of you make it sound, but it was horrible. I was hitting with a more "experienced" woman. I figured it was just gonna be a light hitting session. First feed she gives me is like 70mph down the center of the court and I'm like WTF! She followed it to the net and hit a winning volley down the line and I was just stunned. I played it off and just hit her a nice soft feed down the middle and she came forward, took it in the air, and hit another winner and she did this for like 20 minutes straight and when she talked to me she was just nice as could be like she didn't do anything and I was just thinking to myself "Does she think this is a competition?". So yeah, don't be a rally hero. It's really not cool.

Hey, Fallout ... yeah, I'm LMAO right now ... I hear you ... I'm thinking better you than me ... I just experienced something similar to that (see my thread "I should have just said: ... no, thanks, maybe next time" (under tennis tips/instruction) ...

Falloutjr
07-14-2010, 06:44 PM
why did you put up with it for 20 minutes? should have told her to dial it down and then if she wanted later on to play out some points

I didn't wanna be rude :o In retrospect, I probably should've done that. And I didn't wanna play for real against her. If I did, I woulda run right over her. It would've served her right, but I'm not usually one to take the low road.

ProgressoR
07-15-2010, 12:16 AM
was she hot?

Falloutjr
07-15-2010, 06:06 AM
was she hot?

No she was like 70 o.O

ProgressoR
07-15-2010, 06:30 AM
^^^ if she is not hot then why on earth tolerate this nonsense from her for more than 60 seconds? Gals must know they have to earn the right to act like idiots and earning it means being hot.

OKUSA
07-15-2010, 06:37 AM
I hope when I'm 70 past menopause with arthritic fingers and hips that I can generate 70 mph groundstrokes because at my current state in 22 I can't do it.

aimr75
07-15-2010, 06:52 AM
Gals must know they have to earn the right to act like idiots and earning it means being hot.

:lol:

Falloutjr
07-15-2010, 07:05 AM
^^^ if she is not hot then why on earth tolerate this nonsense from her for more than 60 seconds? Gals must know they have to earn the right to act like idiots and earning it means being hot.

True. If only it had been the blonde that was at the park earlier...:twisted: *sigh* Akron needs more good looking women to play tennis. Yes...Akron...:)

GetBetterer
07-15-2010, 02:34 PM
I become a rally hero at the end when there's a good winning shot. ^^

Should've played like you normally do, now we can taunt you for losing to a female. :O (no sexism intended)

Chopin
07-15-2010, 02:58 PM
^^I saw a rally hero hitting the other day in California. His rallies lasted no more than two shots, I kid you not (the guy who he was playing with looked at least decent, if not a little unsteady). Every ball he'd hit as hard as he could and with almost every ball being 6 inches to a foot out. He also had this ridiculous scowl on his face which made it even more amusing. His partner kept shaking his head and looking down and you could tell he was annoyed but didn't want to say anything. I almost felt like saying something ha!

Falloutjr
07-15-2010, 06:12 PM
^^I saw a rally hero hitting the other day in California. His rallies lasted no more than two shots, I kid you not (the guy who he was playing with looked at least decent, if not a little unsteady). Every ball he'd hit as hard as he could and with almost every ball being 6 inches to a foot out. He also had this ridiculous scowl on his face which made it even more amusing. His partner kept shaking his head and looking down and you could tell he was annoyed but didn't want to say anything. I almost felt like saying something ha!

That's exactly what I did! I just fed her a cushy rally ball and if she changed the direction and just crushed it, I didn't even move for it, I just let it go. All I could do was shake my head and think to myself "Why?".

West Coast Ace
07-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Fallout, you should have ripped a few balls, just to let her know...

My only 'rally hero' (great expression!) incident was in Hong Kong. Just wanted to get on court so I wasn't that upset - it beats jogging or riding a stationary bike in the hotel gym. Guy was also a senior- he was getting a kick out of it. He wasn't (couldn't) hit hard - but didn't hit one ball right back to me. I played along - but crushed a few past him just for fun.

Falloutjr
07-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Fallout, you should have ripped a few balls, just to let her know...

My only 'rally hero' (great expression!) incident was in Hong Kong. Just wanted to get on court so I wasn't that upset - it beats jogging or riding a stationary bike in the hotel gym. Guy was also a senior- he was getting a kick out of it. He wasn't (couldn't) hit hard - but didn't hit one ball right back to me. I played along - but crushed a few past him just for fun.

I suppose. I'm not one for intimidation or pace, I just unravel every part of your psyche and watch you implode with my masterful array of spins and tactics. Much more satisfying.

ThreadintheNeedle
07-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Damn an old woman crushed 70 mph strokes and charged up to put the volley away. Were you playing Martina N. by any chance?

ayuname
07-16-2010, 09:26 AM
This is why you keep ultra super dead balls handy.

Falloutjr
08-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Well, I just played with the lady again a few days ago, she really seemed to tone it down a bit lol. It was actually enjoyable :D all's well that ends well I suppose.