PDA

View Full Version : Urgent! What racquet should I get next?

federer_15
07-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Any suggestion greatly appreciated -

At the moment I have 3 Head Microgel Monsters strung with RPM blast at 52 lbs. I have been looking for a while for a new racquet but can't really find anything thing that I like. I want something not too different and that possibly weighs a little bit more,(Microgel Monster weighs 280g) I was thinking of getting the Babolat Pure Drive GT 135th Anniversary racquet but I'm not sure.

How I play -

I am a very consistent player as I am not very tall and use a lot of top spin, especially on my forehand.
Don't use much slice
Very fast around the court
Good volleys
Serve is consistent

I play tennis 5 -6 time a week for about 1 - 2hours, some times up to 3 hours in holidays.

Do you have any suggestion as to what racquet I should get next?

Thanks

Parker512
07-15-2010, 06:57 AM
Babolat drive z light is nice one with vs string or power synthetic by mantis

goran_ace
07-15-2010, 07:04 AM
I want something not too different and that possibly weighs a little bit more

buy a roll of lead tape

HitItHarder
07-15-2010, 07:23 AM
You are using a light head heavy racquet with an open string pattern, about a 100 sq. in. head size, and a swing weight around 320.

I would suggest looking at some heavier racquets that are a few points head light with a similar swing weight and headsize. An open string pattern may be something to look for as well. The Head Extreme is a possibility if you want to stick with the Head name. The Radical MP is also an option, but it has a more closed string pattern.

I am sure others can suggest some other options with these specs.

The racquet specs (strung) for the Monster based on TW are 295g weight, 3 pts HH, 320 SW, 102 Sq. in head size, 16x19 pattern, stiffness 66 RA.

Just be sure to demo a couple different frames to find what you like so you aren't switching just to switch.

Alan_Hill
07-15-2010, 10:42 AM
Head Youtek Extreme MP.

JoelDali
07-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Get what James Blake uses.

Agent Orynge
07-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Hey dude, I posted this in your other thread, the one where you conveniently ignored everyone in a mad rush to create a dupe thread out of some misconceived sense of urgency.

"What did you like about your old racquet that you want to keep? What about your old racquet do you want to change? What, if anything, have you demoed so far?"

federer_15
07-16-2010, 12:58 AM
Hey dude, I posted this in your other thread, the one where you conveniently ignored everyone in a mad rush to create a dupe thread out of some misconceived sense of urgency.

Yes sorry about making two, but someone suggested talking about my game style and didn't know how to delete/edit thread so made another one.

cellofaan
07-16-2010, 05:13 AM
Yes sorry about making two, but someone suggested talking about my game style and didn't know how to delete/edit thread so made another one.You can edit posts by clicking on the 'edit' button in the bottom right corner of the post.

Agent Orynge
07-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Or you could have posted to your own thread. People do that on occasion.