PDA

View Full Version : Head Youtek Speed 16/19 vs. Volkl DNX 9

jonahnaturals
07-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Hi everyone,

If you've tried these two racquets or even just the Youtek Speed 16/19, could you please share your thoughts on plow through, maneuverability, and control?

Thanks a bunch.

ManuGinobili
07-15-2010, 07:39 PM
I have both the Speed and Volkl PB9 (which is regarded as better than DNX9 in everyway)

The Speed has more plowthrough and power as well as spin - think a wild and less stable Prestige. PB9 is, i wanna say no frill but that might be a confusing term, best described as a light player's racket. It is extremely stable, nicely balanced, has great feel, provides adequate spin and great control. You must be the type that is able to generate power to be able to play it stock. Luckily, it's an excellent platform for customization.

On serve, the Speed has the edge in spin serve and PB9 has the edge in placement.

On volley, they're both good though the Volkl is a bit more stable.

Normally I would pick the Speed because I have been using it longer, it has more power, spin and flair (come on, what under-30 guy doesn't want to hit hard and spectacular shots)... however in some tight doubles match I did turn to the PB9 and played really well thanks to the great feel, control and stability.

Read the threads on each racket and you will kinda be able to make a conclusion. Good luck

adimax8
07-16-2010, 12:31 AM
I have a speed mp 16/19, haven't had a hit with the Volkl DNX 9, but speed is a great feel, good control and good power.

getsby
07-16-2010, 01:03 AM
SW both rackets very different,from here maneuverability is very various. With DNX9 against hard hitters it is frequent. In general, 2 very different rackets s cannot be compared

Limpinhitter
07-16-2010, 08:29 AM
Hi everyone,

If you've tried these two racquets or even just the Youtek Speed 16/19, could you please share your thoughts on plow through, maneuverability, and control?

Thanks a bunch.

I'm using the YT Speed 16x19 now. It is the best of both worlds IMHO. It's got the weight, balance, beam, flexibility, touch and control of a "lightish" player frame. But, the MP headsize and open string pattern give it some of the attributes of a tweener frame in terms of spin potential, power and forgiveness.