PDA

View Full Version : Head Butt Cap Question

Meriko
07-15-2010, 02:23 PM
I'm interested in potential buying a Head Youtek Radical MP, but I really hate the flashy new 3D buttcap on it. What I'm wondering is, if i ordered the older black/silver Head buttcap (Microgel era), and popped off the trap doors on both it and the Youtek one, could I pop in the black/silver trap door on the Youtek Radical buttcap?

Jaewonnie
07-15-2010, 02:31 PM
I am unsure. The size of the doors are pretty much the same though

Meriko
07-15-2010, 03:44 PM
I am unsure. The size of the doors are pretty much the same though
Yeah, I inspected them in the store (Microgel vs. Youtek) and they looked the same, but I'm hoping someone here on TT knows for sure.

Rockitdog
07-15-2010, 03:45 PM
I thought the Youtek handles were a bit more rounded the more rectangular of the Microgels. Not sure if they would fit.

Wes_Loves_Dunlop
07-15-2010, 03:52 PM
nope.
only the youtek speed is more rounded.
the old ones will fit

vsbabolat
07-15-2010, 03:53 PM
I thought the Youtek handles were a bit more rounded the more rectangular of the Microgels. Not sure if they would fit.

Not true. Only for the Speed line.

[d]ragon
07-15-2010, 04:34 PM

Yup, the Prestige and Radical handles feel the usual HEAD shape to me.
The thing I don't get is that with the Speed line, they have the TK82S pallets but are the buttcaps the same as the ones on the other racquets? Are the hologram buttcaps the regular shape or the rounder shape?

Meriko
07-16-2010, 05:52 AM
Thank you so much, it's nice to get a reputable member confirm my thoughts

Meriko
07-16-2010, 05:54 AM
nope.
only the youtek speed is more rounded.
the old ones will fit
Thanks for the help, really appreciate it

vsbabolat
07-16-2010, 07:32 AM
You can always just change the butt-caps if the trap-doors won't swap.

Meriko
07-16-2010, 07:43 AM
You can always just change the butt-caps if the trap-doors won't swap.
I know, it's just that I'll be buying the racket within less than a week, and since I live in canada and don't really want to spend much on shipping from TW, it would take 3-6 weeks for the older buttcap to ship here, and I plan on replacing the synthetic grip with leather long before that, so it would just be a hassle to switch the entire buttcap

floydcouncil
07-16-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm interested in potential buying a Head Youtek Radical MP, but I really hate the flashy new 3D buttcap on it. What I'm wondering is, if i ordered the older black/silver Head buttcap (Microgel era), and popped off the trap doors on both it and the Youtek one, could I pop in the black/silver trap door on the Youtek Radical buttcap?

How many times are you going to look at your buttcap during a match? My best advise: just play the game and not worry about the buttcap.

Djoker_69
07-17-2010, 01:35 AM
they fit as long as its not a speed buttcap

i swapped my mg instinct with
my yt radical pro and it fits fine
you just have to push abit harder to get it to click in

Meriko
07-17-2010, 09:24 AM
It seems to be a very easy procedure, and it makes me happier with my racquet, so i'm going to anyway

Meriko
07-17-2010, 09:25 AM
they fit as long as its not a speed buttcap

i swapped my mg instinct with
my yt radical pro and it fits fine
you just have to push abit harder to get it to click in
thanks for the conformation