PDA

View Full Version : BLX Tour 90 -> YTPMP

chizzle
07-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Anyone else make this transition.?

I have to say, I love the 90, but I know I could probably use something a little bit lighter. Something to help my game when it gets deep in a match. Also, a bit more margin for error (midplus vs. mid).

So, I demo'd the Prestige MP today and was quite pleased with it. I felt like it had a bit more pop in it than I expected. It had TF Multifeel in it so I'll definitely be hybrid-ing it up with my cheap set-up (KB SuperSmash 17/Gosen Sheep). That should tame it some. I'm also wondering what a full poly would be like, or would it diminish the feel too much (even with a soft poly).?

The one thing I missed was the control I could get, especially on serves, with the 18/20 pattern.

Another option I've considered is the YTPP. I feel that that would actually have a little more power though, due to the more open string pattern. So my initial reaction was full poly.

I've never played with a Head really. It's about the only brand I've NOT tried :) I've owned Prince/Wilson/Fischer....

Anyone else make the transition from a 90 (or the like) to a Prestige MP/Pro?

Thanks for any comments.

Anton
07-15-2010, 09:06 PM
I'd say RDS001MP would be a better choice - I consider it tweenish version of the 90 series. Price is right too now.

chizzle
07-16-2010, 05:32 PM
I'd say RDS001MP would be a better choice - I consider it tweenish version of the 90 series. Price is right too now.

Cool. Thanks. I've actually hit with the 90 version and really liked it.