PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Pure Drive GT, Lite GT, or Roddick GT?

DylanMckay
07-16-2010, 02:34 AM
Hi everyone!

This summer, I'm planning to buy a new racquet for me, The only thing I know, that I want a Babolat Pure Drive.

My racquet that I use also a Babolat, Contest Limited, 265gramm, balance: 345 mm

My game I think is more skilled than powerful, I like to play smooth, controllling the ball, than bombing them. My serve also not a big weapon (I'm short), I often spin them, really rare when I try to hit an ace. I rarely go to the net, to volley, but expact to have a racquet, that allows me to volley well. So, if I have to describe me, I'm a baseline player, who likes to control the ball, and also has power on the hits. I'm not a beginner, I've been playing tennis more than 7 years ago, and I play two times a week.

So which Pure Drive would fit me the most?
My first tought was Pure Drive GT, but then I saw the Lite version, and also there is the Roddick one, with lot of weight, so I dunno ?! There are also Plus versions, but I think they are for big serve, so not for me.

I'm sure I will try out the choosen one, before I buy it... but really want your opinion guys!

Thanks!

120mphBodyServe
07-16-2010, 03:41 AM
NO.
You do not want a Babolat.
You want to get a Volkl or a Yonex or a Dunlop or a Head.
Or something else. BUT MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL YOU NEED A COACH.
If you really want to improve DO NOT BUY A BABOLAT.
Plus their frames tend to crack!!!

DylanMckay
07-16-2010, 04:46 AM
I don't understand you.
I'm satisfied with my Babolat racquet, that's why I want Babolat again.

I'm playing tennis as a hobby, I had coach for 6 years, now, I play just friendly matches without him, I improve my play from week to week. And, I want to buy a racquet, not a coach, so..

Thanks for your answer, I respect your opinion, but I hope for other answers too.

Rockitdog
07-16-2010, 05:38 AM
There is a huge difference between the PD Lite and PDR... based on your statements, I would say to go with the PD Lite based on your current frame and playing style. If you're only playing recreationally then theres really no need to pay $$$ for a racquet that won't fit what you're looking for or your game.

120mphBodyServe
07-16-2010, 06:11 AM
Ok then. I'll give you a simple answer. One you'll like.
Get a Pure Drive Roddick GT.
And string it up with something nice.

flargosa
07-16-2010, 06:20 AM
I have the PDR+ GT, it is easy to generate power and spin, but not much control and feel compared to my other racquets(head youtek radical pro, Wilson H-tour). If you like to push your oponent all over the court with wider angle shots and short and long shots, it is more difficult to with the PDR. If you like to hit baseline to baseline with power shots the PDR is a good racquet.