PDA

View Full Version : New Babolat racquets after GT

Pocky
07-16-2010, 08:21 AM
Are there any news on when the new Babolat racquets are released?

Djlpenguin
07-16-2010, 09:08 AM
i dont know but i would like to see some <95 sq in head sizes and 12 oz+ weight

Bud
07-16-2010, 09:29 AM

The APDGT's were just released in February. You've got a long wait ahead of you :twisted:

Meriko
07-16-2010, 02:29 PM
The last of the GT's were released only months ago, expect a LONG wait :P

Agent Orynge
07-17-2010, 01:13 AM
I heard they're going to be releasing the Babolat Rapture line of racquets to coincide with the release of their new string.

Pocky
07-17-2010, 06:37 AM
Could the rapture be under the "high level of play" line or a recreational line?

TheOneHander
07-17-2010, 06:46 AM
"RAPTURE" was a joke made by one of our posters in response to Fedace. There is no Rapture line of string or racquets at all, and there very likely will never be.

GT was just released in February so if you want a Babolat that's not GT, either wait or check out the sale section.

Cheers,

OneHander

Seth
07-17-2010, 08:13 AM
The Pure Drive/Pure Drive Roddick GTs were seen in the hands of Babolat players in January 2009. Out of curiosity, would you all expect to see the new Pure Drive/Roddick frames out in January 2011, or do you think it will be a 3-year rotation with a release date in January 2012? I imagine 2012, seeing as the AeroPro GTs are only half a year old.

the Town Sherif
07-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Babolat is not known for releasing a new model as often ad head or Wilson.

Fedace
07-17-2010, 03:49 PM
why release a new model at all ?? GT is the best ever made by Babolat in history of tennis.

flashfire276
07-17-2010, 05:52 PM
why release a new model at all ?? GT is the best ever made by Babolat in history of tennis.

Lolz........

flashfire276
07-17-2010, 05:55 PM
There better be some mid size racquets coming soon! Or at least some more players racquets other than the Pure Storm line and Aero Storms.

So how long did it take to transition from Cortex to GT? I would say in that time, Babolat would introduce something new.
Who knows? Maybe they'll add make a graphite and GOLD braided racquet! But gold is a very soft metal, which means it could be super arm friendly and have buttery feel! But only God knows how expensive that can be...

Let's cross our fingers for that! =D

Rockitdog
08-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Why is everyone in a hurry for new Babolat sticks? Chances are if you don't like the current models, you're probably going to be dissappointed by their updates. Either you like a certain frame or you don't. Babolat doesn't seem to be the kind of company that makes a lot of "new racquets" instead they update their current models with new "technology."

atatu
08-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Since they appear to get stiffer and stiffer with every generation, we can expect the new generation to be called "75" in reference to their RA stiffness.

meowmix
08-06-2010, 07:44 PM
The Pure Drive/Pure Drive Roddick GTs were seen in the hands of Babolat players in January 2009. Out of curiosity, would you all expect to see the new Pure Drive/Roddick frames out in January 2011, or do you think it will be a 3-year rotation with a release date in January 2012? I imagine 2012, seeing as the AeroPro GTs are only half a year old.

No. The PD 135th anniversary edition was released recently, so don't expect a new PD until at least the end of next year.

Seth
08-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Why is everyone in a hurry for new Babolat sticks? Chances are if you don't like the current models, you're probably going to be dissappointed by their updates. Either you like a certain frame or you don't. Babolat doesn't seem to be the kind of company that makes a lot of "new racquets" instead they update their current models with new "technology."

I'm not in a hurry. In fact, I don't even use Babolats. I just know Roddick has been toting around his stick for a while so I was wondering when we would see the next generation.

LPShanet
08-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Since they appear to get stiffer and stiffer with every generation, we can expect the new generation to be called "75" in reference to their RA stiffness.

Not true. While some frames (APD, and AS, for example) have gotten stiffer, this definitely isn't true across the board. The PST is MUCH more flexible than its predecessor (the Pure Control) was. Time for everyone to stop applying things about some frames to the whole company.

JasonPlaysTennis
11-24-2010, 05:43 PM

Just imagine the kind of pop and control that could be achieved with a Pure Drive 75 18x20 racquet!

Mr_Shiver
11-24-2010, 11:16 PM
Regardless of when the new lines come out, what would you like to see changed? I use both the PDGT and PSLGT. I honestly wouldn't change anything about them. I've demoed the APDGT and would prefer it have more flex and be more HL. I'd have to hit with the PSGT again to figure out what I'd change. One minor thing would be dumping the syntec grips and make skin grip the standard except the PSLGT.

Pocky
08-03-2011, 07:31 AM
I think there's going to be a new PD in January and PS in August 2012

richsox
08-05-2011, 04:39 AM
New Pure Drive prototype being tested September/Final at babolat, ready for final tweaks.

launch in Europe March/April 2012

PS - similiar story as PD

APD GT - 2013

jchl97
08-05-2011, 05:13 AM
New Pure Drive prototype being tested September/Final at babolat, ready for final tweaks.

launch in Europe March/April 2012

PS - similiar story as PD

APD GT - 2013

Any source?

TheOneHander
08-05-2011, 06:17 AM
It seems highly unlikely that they'd release new Pure Storms in 2012 because they just came out with the new paintjob this year.

parasailing
08-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Not sure what Babolat can do to actually improve the Pure Storm line but wouldn't mind testing out new racquets next year for fun :).

RyKnocks
08-05-2011, 09:30 AM
I'd like to see something along the lines of an MG Radical. Maybe something like a Pure Storm Flex, a racquet that's super comfortable and plush. I know the current Pure Storm line is supposed to fulfill that, but even then I feel like they could be a tad more flexible.

parasailing
08-05-2011, 10:20 AM
I'd like to see something along the lines of an MG Radical. Maybe something like a Pure Storm Flex, a racquet that's super comfortable and plush. I know the current Pure Storm line is supposed to fulfill that, but even then I feel like they could be a tad more flexible.

They shouldn't tinker too much with the existing line maybe a slight improvement here and then though your request for a flexbile racquet would be nice addition. You could get the non GT version which is a little more plush.

Bartelby
08-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Maybe a bit of quality control would be helpful for Breakalot.

parasailing
08-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Maybe a bit of quality control would be helpful for Breakalot.

That's asking a lot actually :).

richsox
08-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Any source?

Spoke to someone I know at Babolat (Customer Service in France)

mrtrinh
08-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Spoke to someone I know at Babolat (Customer Service in France)

Didn't babolat just release a new pj recently? I don't understand the new tactic of releasing another pure storm.

parasailing
08-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Didn't babolat just release a new pj recently? I don't understand the new tactic of releasing another pure storm.

Maybe the new paint job didn't spark the sales they anticipated hence a release of a new product to spur people to buy new racquets.