PDA

View Full Version : FOUND a New GEM in Tennis. A New Magazine from UK

Fedace
07-16-2010, 04:32 PM
http://www.tennis-head.net/

I just bought this smashing awsome magazine from the bookstore called tennis-head magazine. they say it is the biggest tennis magazine in UK. Great Stories, and Action Pics and Endless shameless plug of Andy Murray. What more can you ask for. Their website doesnt' do the magazine justice,,,i have to admit...:)

Nuke
07-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Well that's helpful.

Fedace
07-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Well that's helpful.

Get rid of the Dash mark and you will get the link. for some reason tennis-head as one word is Censored ............. odd...

hellonewman
07-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Get rid of the Dash mark and you will get the link. for some reason tennis-head as one word is Censored ............. odd...

Thanks for the link. I checked it out, it does contain informative articlesand I like the blog. (Site seems to load a bit slowly though).

Fedace
07-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the link. I checked it out, it does contain informative articlesand I like the blog. (Site seems to load a bit slowly though).

this website is good but the Magazine is Smashing...... cost me $9. :)

vsbabolat
07-17-2010, 05:37 PM
I always thought Ace was the largest tennis magazine in U.K considering it is the official publication of the LTA.
http://www.lta.org.uk/articles/membership/ace-magazine/

TMR
07-17-2010, 07:02 PM
http://www.tennis-head.net/

I just bought this smashing awsome magazine from the bookstore called tennis-head magazine. they say it is the biggest tennis magazine in UK. Great Stories, and Action Pics and Endless shameless plug of Andy Murray. What more can you ask for. Their website doesnt' do the magazine justice,,,i have to admit...:)

website has some nice articles. The one about Stosur gives her [low] string tension:

What tension are they strung at?

SS: Between 52 and 55 pounds. I always use the same string whatever the event, but Iíll change tensions from surface to surface. At Roland Garros I was stringing them at 53 and 54 pounds, some at 55 pounds, and here in Eastbourne 52 pounds.

Fedace
07-17-2010, 07:04 PM
I always thought Ace was the largest tennis magazine in U.K considering it is the official publication of the LTA.
http://www.lta.org.uk/articles/membership/ace-magazine/

Not sure about that.... these guys claim that THEY are the Biggest in UK...:)

Fedace
07-17-2010, 07:05 PM
website has some nice articles. The one about Stosur gives her [low] string tension:

SS: Between 52 and 55 pounds. I always use the same string whatever the event, but Iíll change tensions from surface to surface. At Roland Garros I was stringing them at 53 and 54 pounds, some at 55 pounds, and here in Eastbourne 52 pounds.

Agree, i am thinking about trying out 54 lbs myself......was at 56 lbs but control was still very good with much more power.. maybe at 54lbs, i can serve just as big as Stosur:)

BreakPoint
07-17-2010, 11:54 PM

Those aren't very low tensions for poly, which is what Stosur uses. She got a lot of publicity during the French Open for her use of the new Babolat RPM Blast poly strings. I use multis and even I string in that same tension range.

Sentinel
07-18-2010, 12:27 AM
$9 is cheap for endless plugs of Andy Murray. Sell it to me when you are finished with it.

Dave M
07-18-2010, 01:49 AM
Ace mag and tennis head are both now bi montlhy mags here in the uk, occasionally we can pick up your US tennis mag whicxh is probably closer to tennis head.Ace is a decent read (it was better when it was serve and volley) but it can be a bit too pro LTA, so if you want a balance it is worth reading both publications,it costs us about £4 over here so the $9 actually isn't that bad.

mozzer
07-18-2010, 03:54 AM
Never heard of tennis head, but Ace is gradually getting worse!

GameSetMatch
07-18-2010, 06:17 AM
Ace is increasingly hopeless. Gets thinner and thinner and with less content with each issue.

I've bene impressed by Tennis Head. I think its only in its 5th or 6th month of publication. Its better to get a subscription because you save a tonne of money off the fairly high newstand price.

Fedace
07-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Ace is increasingly hopeless. Gets thinner and thinner and with less content with each issue.

I've bene impressed by Tennis Head. I think its only in its 5th or 6th month of publication. Its better to get a subscription because you save a tonne of money off the fairly high newstand price.

Tennis-head is Thick. thickest magazine i have ever seen. Thicker than the GQ and Cosmopolitan magazines. and that is saying something..:)

Ross K
07-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Tennis head is very good. As good or better than Ace. There were a few issues where they had like a top 100 of the years frames and profiled eack, which as a racketahiolic ( :wink: ) I certainly appreciated! Anyhow, here in the UK we aren't exactly spoilt for choice re tennis publications!