PDA

View Full Version : shoud i pick prestige pro or speed pro?

Yveskim89
07-17-2010, 05:50 AM
:confused: could someone help me explain the difference between the two? in terms of playability and what it provides you.thanks

TheOneHander
07-17-2010, 09:45 AM
I personally thought that the Speed Pro was too stiff and felt harsh. However, TW has some nice reviews on both racquets that you can check out. Also look at the specs to check differences in your personal preference. BTW, what's your level? These racquets are both highly demanding.

Visene77
07-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Speed pro is nothing but a huge mistake from Head. Most unpleasant racquet I have ever hit with.

kenny22
07-17-2010, 02:50 PM
i say if your going to look at the speeds id look at the mp's over the pro either the speed 16x19 or 18x20 i have been doing tons of research on the speeds and the pro hasnt had alotof postive thins said about it.

Visene77
07-17-2010, 03:01 PM
I have no idea why it is even included in the speed line. It plays nothing like mps........or anything else from head for that matter.

rnrockz1
07-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Prestige any day...believe me I use one.

flashfire276
07-17-2010, 05:57 PM
Speed Pro isn't gonna please you. If anything, use the Speed MP 16x19.

It's all about the Prestige Pro. Hands down.

kenny22
07-17-2010, 06:42 PM
I have no idea why it is even included in the speed line. It plays nothing like mps........or anything else from head for that matter.

yea a player today had the pro he was demoing and said it was horable and he is a head fan i asked him has he tried the prestige pro and said it was a decent racket he prefered it over the prestige mp and the speed pro as he got a little bit more spin but said the feel of the prestige pro isn't as great as the prestige mp i think you should look into the speed mp 16x19 it is really imo the best racket between the prestig line and speed line.

persianplayer
07-17-2010, 06:52 PM
the speed pro is very demanding! it will take a while to get use to the frame. i bought it cuz i got a sick deal. the head shape was kinda awkward compared to the K95 so i was missing lots of routine volleys for some reason but once u get the hang of it, its pretty good. the serve is great and groundies are really solid and give u lots of depth. u need to be strong to wield it and generate the racket head speed to give u spin. i tried my coaches prestige pro for a bit and it felt amazing! if u prefer a more heavy hitting from the baseline i would go with the speed pro, but if u rely on spin and touch, i would definitely go with the prestige pro.

Steve Huff
07-17-2010, 07:05 PM
You're the one that has to play with it. Which one do YOU play better with. You should hit with both of them and see. There are plenty of people who use one or the other.

marosmith
07-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Prestige. The Speed Pro is Head trying to get the stiff feel of Wilson's and Babolat's. Head isn't good at copying that but they are great at the softer players frames such as the Radical or the Prestige.

Yveskim89
07-18-2010, 12:24 AM
oh man...thanks for all the reply...im currently a young pro in our country..... currently using technifibre 320... and thinking for a switch for a customizable raket...im gonna buy it now thanks!!!

persianplayer
07-18-2010, 07:55 AM
if u want to customize your racket definitely go with the prestige

flashfire276
07-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Prestige. The Speed Pro is Head trying to get the stiff feel of Wilson's and Babolat's. Head isn't good at copying that but they are great at the softer players frames such as the Radical or the Prestige.

Extreme was made to copy the stiffness of the APD.

marosmith
07-18-2010, 09:15 AM
Extreme was made to copy the stiffness of the APD.

The Speed is going for the Wilson feel.