PDA

View Full Version : New Racquet

El Mejor
07-18-2010, 04:38 PM
So I recently broke all of my kblade 98s and so i need to get a new racquet. I could probably just get more blades but I don't want to buy them if there is going to be a blx blade. So I've been demoing racquets. The ones i like so far are the blx 6.1/youtek speed 16x19 and the pure drive gt. Any sugestions on which one i should get?

Parker512
07-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Try the Babolat drive z light.

pyrokid
07-18-2010, 04:46 PM
Try the Babolat drive z light.

Honestly, go for it, as the ones you picked were all in different categories anyway. Might as well try a beginner frame.

El Mejor
07-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Im not a beginner. The store in my town lacks demos and those were the only ones i really liked. Im starting to like the heavier racquets like the wilson blx and the youtek isn't as heavey but still heavier than my old racquet..

kenny22
07-18-2010, 05:03 PM
just hit with the speed mp 16x19 today and i half to say i'am placing my order. the pure drive is also great but i dont like bulky frames and the hollow feel of babolats plus my brother owns one and says after a long match and hard serving the racket takes a toll on your arm but on serve and power wise pure drive is it. but i suggest for you the head speed mp 16x19 i was sad there was no video review on this racket so just had to demo it for myself its not even like a head racket head uually does mostly control sticks but the speed mp has power control and spin and i think will be an easy transitin as its similar to the k blade 98. so yea speed mp 16x19

pyrokid
07-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Im not a beginner. The store in my town lacks demos and those were the only ones i really liked. Im starting to like the heavier racquets like the wilson blx and the youtek isn't as heavey but still heavier than my old racquet..

So you don't like the PD as much?
then yeah, stay away from the Z.
Do you like frexy or firm? What headsize? How much help do you need with power/spin? max weight/SW?

El Mejor
07-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Yeah i agree with everything you say on the pure drive. I hit with both the 16x19 speed and i used my friends blx 6.1 18x20 and i felt like the speed had more control, and i hardly had to do anything to hit a nice serve with both. Im leaning towards the 16x19 because everyone i've talked to said that the blx will make your arm hurt after awile