PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop 4D100

Topspin24
07-18-2010, 06:11 PM
I was hoping someone could post their information on this dank stick. It looks so nice spec wise and if you could post any sort of mini-review on the racket it would be great.

Btw, I did use the search engine and it was a pain

rudester
07-18-2010, 06:28 PM
I agree that the search engine is a pain, why they hell will it not search for anything if there are less than 3 letters or numbers, ridiculous.

Topspin24
07-18-2010, 06:56 PM
^^Don't agree with the three number and letter thing but....

Let's get some reviews!!

hoosierbr
07-18-2010, 07:32 PM
I've spent a week with this racquet (and a few others). Play Open tourneys, serve-and-volleyer.

This racquet, spec wise, was what I used to use before I went with something lighter, stiffer and more powerful. Been using a Prince Triple Threat Warrior MP the last few years. I'm glad I switched to what I'm using now.

The 4D 100 is a nice racquet. Solid from all areas of the court but you really have to put the effort in to get anything out of it. Must have a clean and fast swing to get the power from this racquet. Also has a hollow feeling to it but maybe it's just me. I liked the feel of the Aerogel line so much better. Nice sized sweetspot and good spin potential but not for a beginner. I also had trouble dialing in my backhand (one-hander).

Would say this is a good racquet for an aggressive all court player who has plenty of power to provide and needs a control oriented stick they can swing fast for an entire match.

Keifers
07-18-2010, 07:45 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=211949&page=107&highlight=ag100

This is a huge thread, but because the 4D100 is only slightly different from the AG100, you'll get a good idea of how the 4D100 plays. And there are comments about 4D100 specifically in the last few pages, as people playtested it.

Like many 100 fans, I found the 4D to be slightly more solid-feeling and more stable than the AG.

Keifers
07-18-2010, 07:50 PM
For me, the 100 is a groundbreaking racquet design. Super-quick, precise, good pop, excellent control, large sweetspot, outstanding spin. Serves huge.

I'd love to see Dunlop introduce a Tour version -- heavier, sw around 325-330, everything else the same.

CHOcobo
07-18-2010, 08:39 PM
^^ i agree. i still wonder why they don't.

my AG100 does serves big. won't be a while till i get my hands on the 4D100.