PDA

View Full Version : Wilson BLX Open or Dunlop Aerogel 4D 500

acintya
07-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Hello, I am a amateur player(playing 4x in the week) and I need a new racquet. I hit SW on the forehand and have 2HBH.

Now I wanna a racquet that is good for one handed backhand too, cause I wanna learn it. So which one of these is less demanding? And which is more suited for OHB? I dont want to have a smaller racquet 645cm2 is nice, but 660xm2 would be perfect. Which one should I take?

I had babolat aeroprodrive but i dont like it verry much. :D

what about Head YouTek Radical Pro?

120mphBodyServe
07-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Try the Dunlops, you might also want to look at the 300.
What are you using now?

GetBetterer
07-18-2010, 10:59 PM
If you're a beginner I wouldn't recommend getting a new racket for awhile. Learn the correct strokes with the crappy racket, and then get your new racket later.

I recommend reading reviews on all of them before you buy, as well as believing the advertisements that are given out for each one.

Personally, I am using a Wilson BLX Six.One Tour as a 4.5 player (almost to 5.0, so hard though) and it's working out great for me, but what may be good for me, may not be good for you.

Good luck!

Hapless
07-19-2010, 03:32 AM
I play with the 500...not entirely happy with it. You'll notice it's too light. I've had to lead it up, but I'll likely replace it within a year. Or were you thinking of the Tour?

The Pro Open gets great reviews, and is supposed to be a lot of fun. The RAdical MP seems to be ridiculously popular as well.

acintya
07-19-2010, 05:22 AM
I am not a beginner not even an recreative player cause I play too much. :D

I am using Head Radical OS now. I trow my babolat aeroprodrive cortex away. But the radical is not the best for one handed backhand thats why I want to change my racquet. + I think I serve better with smaller heads.

Limpinhitter
07-19-2010, 07:57 AM
IMHO, the Pro Open is a better product. Better balance, more stable, more overall weight. The 4D500 is too light, and too unstable (off center contact results in too much twisting in the hand). Again, JMHO! Other Dunlops don't seem to have this problem.

120mphBodyServe
07-19-2010, 08:03 AM
Yes I was referring to the 4D500 tour.
Yep, you could try out the Head Radical Tour, or the Extreme Pro or the Speed 16x19.

Racer41c
07-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Between the Open and the 500, you'll do better with the Open.

If your a very agressive player, you'll like the Open better than the Dunlop 300

If you like hitting a lot of top spin, you'll like the Open better than the 500 tour.

But if you like to generate spin and want a very solid all around racquet, you should try a Babolat Pure Storm.

ollinger
07-19-2010, 08:37 AM
Hit demos with both, preferred the BLX Open. More stable, more comfortable, much less apt to launch balls to the fence. If serving heat was the main criterion, I might pick the Dunlop.

acintya
07-19-2010, 01:45 PM
and how is the Prince O3 Ozone Tour

for recreative players?

I cant demo it. I live in a small country - we dont have so much choice :( u can buy them only..

ollinger
07-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Ozone Tour has less pop than either the BLX Open or 500 Tour, but comfortable and easy to use.