PDA

View Full Version : Someone demoed Prokennex Black Ace 325?

vitaseurope
07-19-2010, 02:02 AM
Someone demoed Prokennex Black Ace 325?

Agent Orynge
07-19-2010, 03:17 AM
They ride single file to hide their numbers.

Keifers
07-19-2010, 07:42 AM
Looks like this has been released in Europe, but not the US yet.

Gee
07-19-2010, 08:07 AM
Someone demoed Prokennex Black Ace 325?
Someone did. See this post (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=4466484&postcount=152).

I also guess it 'll be very similar to the current version of BA98 if you put a leather grip on that one (or an increase of 10g into the handle).

Tahsin1982
07-19-2010, 02:26 PM
I am also curious how this one plays compare to the BA98, hope TW bring this in as its definately much nicer in cosmetics and specs seems its more headlight as well.

Keifers
07-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Looks like this has been released in Europe, but not the US yet.

I am also curious how this one plays compare to the BA98, hope TW bring this in as its definately much nicer in cosmetics and specs seems its more headlight as well.
From the 'Pro Kennex Nation' thread, I gather that the BA 98 325 has been available in Europe since about January(!). Does that mean we won't be seeing it in the US? If yes, that would be disappointing because I like the heavier/more HL spec. (Even better if the unstrung weight were, say, 330-335 grams.)

Anyone have a contact person or an insider at PK?

Tahsin1982
07-19-2010, 03:07 PM
From the 'Pro Kennex Nation' thread, I gather that the BA 98 325 has been available in Europe since about January(!). Does that mean we won't be seeing it in the US? If yes, that would be disappointing because I like the heavier/more HL spec. (Even better if the unstrung weight were, say, 330-335 grams.)

Anyone have a contact person or an insider at PK?

Same here man, I asked in the TW Question section but no reply from TW about whether this model will be available.
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=337995

Keifers
07-19-2010, 03:16 PM
^^ Yes, I saw that. Good for you.

What do you think about bumping that thread/question? Might get a response...

vitaseurope
07-20-2010, 12:04 AM
Maybe I'll demo the ProKennex Tour Black Ace 295 10 because the 325 is not available yet for demo... thanks!!!

jwbarrientos
07-20-2010, 05:30 AM

+1 looks better and specs are interesting
also Euro Ki 5 315 looks great.

Tahsin1982
07-20-2010, 06:06 AM
^^ Yes, I saw that. Good for you.

What do you think about bumping that thread/question? Might get a response...

Yup I think i will, hope others can join in also then TW might consider bringing it in if there is a demand. :)

cheers

Keifers
07-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Tahsin,
What's the (strung) weight and balance of your BA98?

What string(s) and tension(s) have you used and what's your fave?

Thanks.

Tahsin1982
07-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Hi Keifer,

I am not sure whats the weight as I dont have access to any digital scale. I use pro hurricane tour at 55 tension and added two layers of duct tape on the handle both top and bottom to increase the grip size a bit, even at 4 1/2 i still find the grip a bit small for me.

I also am using a YTPMP as a back up with same string set up and duct tape on the handle. Ill try to put a review between these two frames someday if anyone is interested. :)

cheers

dabudabuda
07-21-2010, 10:58 AM
When I talked to the Pro Kennex rep(same guy who took care of my order for pallets through email in Encinitas, Ca but can't quite remember his name at the moment) at Indian Wells this year I asked if the European design would be available in the states. He did not seem to have direct information but he did say that most of the time European release rackets come out in the states about six months later.

Personally I am not too optimistic about it but I am still hoping. The reason I feel that it may not be anytime soon, if so, would be because they only offer the 98 model in Europe. If they release the design in the states, they would have to also offer the 93 model, but there is no 93 model in Europe that could be released in the states six months later.

Still hoping though :)

Maybe we need to create a buzz/demand here on the forums and hope that Pro Kennex is keepin' an eye out here. There are other companies that are following the forums. Isn't Pro Supex going back to their old Maxim Touch Formula because of complaints on these boards? :twisted:

Tahsin1982
07-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Did you order the pallet directly from the pro kennex distributor? My pallet got damaged and I am planning to replace it but cant find any online that sells pro kennex pallet. I was thinking of getting a head pallet but not sure whether it will fit the PK one.

When I talked to the Pro Kennex rep(same guy who took care of my order for pallets through email in Encinitas, Ca but can't quite remember his name at the moment) at Indian Wells this year I asked if the European design would be available in the states. He did not seem to have direct information but he did say that most of the time European release rackets come out in the states about six months later.

Personally I am not too optimistic about it but I am still hoping. The reason I feel that it may not be anytime soon, if so, would be because they only offer the 98 model in Europe. If they release the design in the states, they would have to also offer the 93 model, but there is no 93 model in Europe that could be released in the states six months later.

Still hoping though :)

Maybe we need to create a buzz/demand here on the forums and hope that Pro Kennex is keepin' an eye out here. There are other companies that are following the forums. Isn't Pro Supex going back to their old Maxim Touch Formula because of complaints on these boards? :twisted:

dr325i
07-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Did you order the pallet directly from the pro kennex distributor? My pallet got damaged and I am planning to replace it but cant find any online that sells pro kennex pallet. I was thinking of getting a head pallet but not sure whether it will fit the PK one.

Head Pallet will fit, I just put the TK82S on my BA98, HOWEVER, the height of the hairpin handle of the BA98 is taller than on the head racket, therefore, my grip feels square now -- I think the TK82 would make it feel like wilson shape grip. The top and bottom pallets when installed do not touch each other, there is a 0.3-0.5cm gap there...

Tahsin1982
07-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Thanks man for the info, I am planning to change my pallet as my current is on super glue. one last question if I buy the pallet, i need to buy the head butt cap as well or I can use the PK butt cap still?

Head Pallet will fit, I just put the TK82S on my BA98, HOWEVER, the height of the hairpin handle of the BA98 is taller than on the head racket, therefore, my grip feels square now -- I think the TK82 would make it feel like wilson shape grip. The top and bottom pallets when installed do not touch each other, there is a 0.3-0.5cm gap there...

dr325i
07-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Thanks man for the info, I am planning to change my pallet as my current is on super glue. one last question if I buy the pallet, i need to buy the head butt cap as well or I can use the PK butt cap still?

I re-used the PK buttcap, no problems. It is soft, so it is easy to preserve it when taking it off... It is nailed in pretty deep, but no problem to take the nails out...

dabudabuda
07-23-2010, 12:30 AM

If you still plan to get a pro kennex pallet...try the official pro kennex website and send them an email. Mine was forwarded to the rep I referred to in encinitas, ca which should be the distribution base for pro kennex in the states.

Tahsin1982
07-23-2010, 01:49 AM
Thanks guys for the info really appreciate it!

Martingale
07-23-2010, 03:40 AM
Why not order from Europe? We in Europe did so for many years the other way around, ordering from TW US! It does come in more expensive, but the brownie points for being the first with what is a really good and cool racket surely compensates...

jwbarrientos
07-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Why not order from Europe? We in Europe did so for many years the other way around, ordering from TW US! It does come in more expensive, but the brownie points for being the first with what is a really good and cool racket surely compensates...

Nice advice.