PDA

View Full Version : Kennex Kinetic System

overgrip
07-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Pro Kennex promotes its kinetic system as helpful in preventing arm & shoulder pain. I'm looking for feedback from anyone who's hit with their Pro 7G or 5g and found this claim to be true. Or is it just hype from the manufacturer. They are priced right, but I'm wondering if using a soft string, strung low, if these sticks are worth a try. At close to 12 oz and 100 sq in, the specs are kind of what I'm looking for.

Boxofweasels
07-19-2010, 11:50 AM
I've played with both the 5g and the ki5 and found the ki5 more to my liking. They are both very arm friendly and the technology does work to reduce arm and shoulder. I've moved on to a Black Ace 98 and it's the best racquet I've ever played with. I used to think ProKennex made cheap consumer racquets, but boy was I ever wrong - great products at a great price!

Bengt
07-19-2010, 12:24 PM
PK Kinetic is the real deal. The Ki5 PSE cured my tennis elbow when nothing else worked including rest. I can't explain it. I found the non-PSE version to be a little too light and underpowered, though.

Keifers
07-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Agree. Kinetic is the real deal. Several friends have found it to be really effective.

PK makes very good racquets, without all the marketing hype.

The_Question
07-19-2010, 01:27 PM
I don't know what other folks are thinking, but I do know it is very wrist/elbow/shoulder friendly based on my own experience.

scotus
07-19-2010, 05:56 PM
7G ... true.

athiker
07-19-2010, 06:22 PM
Ki5...effective and the real deal for arm/elbow comfort.

movdqa
07-20-2010, 06:13 AM
I got the Ki5 PSE last week an it does hit with less shock and vibration (there's practically no vibration) than you would expect with a frame this stiff at 22 mm. Some of PK's frames are more flexible, notably the Black Ace and Redondo, but I think that the Kinetic series seeks to get a little more power with a stiffer frame while controlling the added shock and vibration with the Kinetic system.

BTW, I don't know if the Kinetic system really works but I will say that the PSE is very easy on the arm.

The Redondo is very easy on the arm but you need really good form to use it. It's quite low on power and you need good footwork, preparation and timing to use it effectively. If you have a modern game, it's going to be hard to use. The PSE gives you quite a bit more power at the cost of 0.8 oz of weight.

yemenmocha
07-20-2010, 08:21 AM
It works. I was skeptical, demo seemed fine, then bought just 1 to try for awhile and it is significantly more arm friendly than any other "arm friendly" racquet out there (I demoed nearly everything fitting that description).

I string lower end, with multifilament, and I switched the overgrip to a Gamma Hi-tech comfort grip (the one with the Zorbothane).

So smooth...

roundiesee
07-20-2010, 06:30 PM
I second the motion; Ki5 and 5G "cured" my TE; recently my wife also had a bout of TE; I bought her a Ki10PSE and she's loved it ever since, no more elbow pain! :) I would suggest stringing your PK Kinetic/Ionic with a soft multi for maximal effect.

schenkelini
07-20-2010, 09:16 PM
I always have a 5g in my bag in case my arm or shoulder get tender. It's like taking a pain reliever.