PDA

View Full Version : PDGT vs. RDiS300

pepka
07-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Anyone used both and care to compare? Are there any major differences beside stiffness? I assume that Yonex might be better in the control department? Im asking cuz i can't demo Yonex where i live:/

tennisace23
07-19-2010, 01:09 PM
Anyone used both and care to compare? Are there any major differences beside stiffness? I assume that Yonex might be better in the control department? Im asking cuz i can't demo Yonex where i live:/

I have used both. And I currently use the RDIS 300. I found the PDGT to have a very hollow feeling (like many Babolats) and I just didn't like it at all. I added 3 grams of lead tape to my RDIS 300 at 3 and 9, and along with head tape, overgrip, and vibration dampener, it comes in at 11.9 ounces and is very solid.

pepka
07-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Thanks man. Im using pdr ang pdgt but my body is starting to give up. My cousin picked up Yonex and said mostly great things about it that's why im asking.

tennisace23
07-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Thanks man. Im using pdr ang pdgt but my body is starting to give up. My cousin picked up Yonex and said mostly great things about it that's why im asking.

yeah, this is my first yonex--I just swtiched from using the head radical line forever. i demoed about 10 racquets from different brands and the yonex was the best of them.

pepka
07-20-2010, 03:27 AM
What other racquets did U demoed? What was the "wow" factor in rds that made U go for it? Sorry for bothering btw

tennisace23
07-20-2010, 03:33 AM
I tried PDGT, exo3 black, volkl pb 8, wilson pro open blx, wilson kobra team fx, yonex s-fit 1, yonex rdis 200 lite, boris becker delta core pro and sportster, and technifibre speedflex 300.

the yonex rdis 300 was the best overall--power, control, friendly on the arm, a good weight for customization, solid, and nicely built. That's another thing, Yonex is the only one left made in Japan, and they have a reputation for good quality control.

pepka
07-20-2010, 03:42 AM
I think i might give Yonex a try. Facts that it's more arm friendly and made in Japan are big pluses. To bad i cant demoed one anywhere:/ Suprisingly there is no problem with buying one;)

pepka
07-20-2010, 03:45 AM
And the more i look at the pictures the more i like the white/red color scheme.

ayuname
07-20-2010, 07:38 AM
If you're looking for control type frame and something light and friendly, go for the Yonex.

If you're looking for power, go for the Babolat.

My first true racquet was the Yonex RDS003, no demo at all. I fell in love with it and it's the perfect match to my play style.

tennisace23
07-20-2010, 08:42 AM
with a little bit of lead, the rdis 300 is quite powerful

pepka
07-20-2010, 09:42 AM
My pdr is 12.3oz and pdgt is 11.5oz. If i go with Yonnex 11.5 is an absolute max, that's it. I'm quite powerful on my own, I'd rather have more control.

pepka
08-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Just finished my first 2h session with yonex. Great all around stick and easy on the arm. Less power than pure drive but i strung it with rip control so that was a given. The biggest difference i noticed was the size of the sweetspot. It seemed way bigger than on the pd. Next time i will string my pd with rip control (nice string btw) and put some mantis or black code on yonex.