PDA

View Full Version : Radical and Prestige

baseline_monster
07-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Guys, just wondering. If I were to get a radical, cap it and match the weight to a prestige mp, what would be the difference? Tried a search but just wanted some direct answers as very interested, always played well with Radicals but to light for me now.

Cheers

0d1n
07-19-2010, 02:45 PM
Probably a higher swing weight. Radical MP's and Prestige MP's have been pretty similar in SW in the last few iterations (give or take 5-ish sw points).
Adding a cap grommet and then further matching for weight/balance will add quite a bit of weight to the head of the radical (and then in the handle if you want to match the balance as well), and hence significantly increase the SW.

specmaster17
07-19-2010, 02:45 PM
i wieghted up my radical to the wieght of the prestige mp and they feel very similar.

i thought the power and control were about equal

pyrokid
07-19-2010, 03:06 PM
I had the same experience as the above poster. They weren't exactly the same, but considering the prestige and rad had different strings, they were pretty darn close.
If you messed a LOT with lead, I think you could match them nearly exactly.

khw72004
07-19-2010, 03:08 PM
why don't you just get a prestige

hrstrat57
07-19-2010, 06:00 PM
Guys, just wondering. If I were to get a radical, cap it and match the weight to a prestige mp, what would be the difference? Tried a search but just wanted some direct answers as very interested, always played well with Radicals but to light for me now.

Cheers

Depends on which Radical....if you found an i Radical L5 austrian version and capped it it would be nearly identical....same with L5 ti Radical

marosmith
07-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Thicker beam, different layup and probably a bit softer.

pyrokid
07-19-2010, 06:37 PM

radicals are more customizable.

baseline_monster
07-20-2010, 06:40 AM

I already have a prestige, I just wondered what the difference is. most Radicals have been 21mm beams, so wanted to know if they are just a lighter version or what. There must be something about the radical, Murray used to have his radical capped and beefed, so must be a different feel when you have a radical and prestige matched spec for spec,.

Rockitdog
07-20-2010, 07:22 AM
Throwing CAPs on a Radical adds quite a bit of stiffness to the frame. One of the things I like about them is how plush they are on the arm. You can add lead and give it the same weight as a Prestige but with a softer feel.

baseline_monster
07-20-2010, 09:20 AM
Throwing CAPs on a Radical adds quite a bit of stiffness to the frame. One of the things I like about them is how plush they are on the arm. You can add lead and give it the same weight as a Prestige but with a softer feel.

Thank you!

Rockitdog
07-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Thank you!

Good luck- let us know what you decide to do.

ManuGinobili
07-20-2010, 09:30 PM
I think Goliath or someone CAPped a Ti.Radical (and actually plays with it), you could search for that thread.

To the original question, they probably won't play the same, because of the difference in weight distribution, as well as the SW issue.

Murray used to play with a Radical back in the days?

baseline_monster
07-21-2010, 09:43 AM
I think Goliath or someone CAPped a Ti.Radical (and actually plays with it), you could search for that thread.

To the original question, they probably won't play the same, because of the difference in weight distribution, as well as the SW issue.

Murray used to play with a Radical back in the days?

Yeah, the I.radical. He would not change the pj for years as he hated matt finish rackets and didnt want to change anything............... I guess money talks in the end!