PDA

View Full Version : Anyone of you who is playing with 27.5 inch racket?

MaratSafin_fan
07-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Do you play with 27.5 inch long racket? If you do, which racquet are you using? =P
And how has the 0.5 inches affect your game? :D

THNX for all your responses!

pheonix6579
07-19-2010, 07:40 PM
I play with the PDR+ and the Pure Storm Tour +, both give me just a touch extra pop and spin on my groundies, however I do sacrifice the maneuverability at the net.

TennisNinja
07-19-2010, 07:42 PM
I used to play with an extended racket, a while back. It doesn't seem like much, but I did find myself being jammed more often. I didn't really need the extra pop or reach.

tailofdog
07-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Do you play with 27.5 inch long racket? If you do, which racquet are you using? =P
And how has the 0.5 inches affect your game? :D

THNX for all your responses!

I have played many extended length racquets and, at the end of the day find the drawbacks outweigh the benifits. You can use a 27.2 or .25 which dosen't seem to hamer the control.
Just my thoughts

TennisKid1
07-19-2010, 09:57 PM
I use plus length rackets and I feel it gets me more pop on all my strokes. I have pretty good reflexes as well so it doesnt affect my volleys too much

mikeler
07-20-2010, 04:49 AM
I currently use the Pure Storm Tour Plus. The extra length helps me because I'm short. I've won a few critical points on volleys that I just barely hit off the top of the frame that make it over the net. On the negative side, it is easier to get jammed on balls hit right at me.

Meaghan
07-20-2010, 06:50 AM
Im 6ft4 and use a + racket (sig below). Its not that there is a lot of extra power necessarily but its there when needed without overhitting.
My game needs me to hit thro opponents as i am not as court savvy as a lot of players and the added length helps. Im a big S&V too and it gives me a slight something else there too.
I also like to mix it up from the baseline, I did find myself coming unstuck against harder hitters and was lookinf for that extra pop. The babs woofer system deffo aldo makes this a little easier, easy strokes giving the same affect as full blown wallops with some rackets ive had before.
So in some ways paradoxcally i find control not to be a problem.

Im also finding that taming a powerful frame with weight distribution, strings, tension etc to be more fruitful.....as i think a lot of pros do to.

atatu
07-20-2010, 07:07 AM
I use a 27.5 Volkl BB10, it helps, especially on my 2HBH.

MaratSafin_fan
07-20-2010, 07:19 AM
I played with my new Pure Drive GT + today for the first time and WOW!
My serve has never been so hard ever and I get it in alot.
I had problems with my backhand before as I wrote. The handle felt so short and my left hand were on the throat which is really bad for a solid stroke. Today my backhand felt really smooth and I felt the long handle extremly comfortable!
My forehand got more power which felt nice aswell. I got better reach on my volleys on the sides when my opponent tried to make a passing shot.

Pure Drive GT + is a hallelujah moment racquet for me =D

And thanks to phoenix6579 for the backhand advice since before!

struggle
07-20-2010, 08:32 AM
i play the speedport black LB (27.5). not sure i notice a big difference from the standard, but i think it helps get abit more pop on my serve.

i do often choke up just a hair when at net.

Ross K
07-20-2010, 10:59 AM
I've twice had spells with XL-size racks in the past (PD+ and Rad Tour TT XL), and in both cases the most pronounced pros and cons were the same for me... better 2hbh and serve pop, better ability to reach shots on the stretch... far worse re getting jammed up, close quarters maneuverability... in terms of this trade off, as I can't stand the sensation of being crammed in and jammed up, I presently choose normal length.

Ross K
07-20-2010, 11:05 AM
I've twice had spells with XL-size racks in the past (PD+ and Rad Tour TT XL), and in both cases the most pronounced pros and cons were the same for me... better 2hbh and serve pop, better ability to reach shots on the stretch... far worse re getting jammed up, close quarters maneuverability... in terms of this trade off, as I can't stand the sensation of being crammed in and jammed up, I presently choose normal length.