PDA

View Full Version : Grip size for the Babolat Aeropro Drive GT...

Fugazi
07-20-2010, 09:20 AM
Hello, I'm wondering what grip size I should get for the Babolat Aeropro Drive GT. I'm thinking about getting either 4 1/8 or 4 1/4. I have relatively small hands, 5.0 player with heavy topspin.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Louis

MaratSafin_fan
07-20-2010, 09:31 AM
Be really careful of picking a too big handle because I did that. I ordered grip size 4 1/2 and I thought it would be like a Head 4 1/2 but the Babolat were enormous!
It was so big and it slipped in my hand non-stop and it felt very crampy in my forehand. So much arm pain!
But I was lucky and able to change the racket to 4 3/8. Its better to choose too small grip than too big. You can always wrap an extra overgrip to make it bigger.
Smaller grip gives much better accelaration for creating heavy topspin!

BC1
07-20-2010, 10:04 AM
Be really careful of picking a too big handle because I did that. I ordered grip size 4 1/2 and I thought it would be like a Head 4 1/2 but the Babolat were enormous!
It was so big and it slipped in my hand non-stop and it felt very crampy in my forehand. So much arm pain!
But I was lucky and able to change the racket to 4 3/8. Its better to choose too small grip than too big. You can always wrap an extra overgrip to make it bigger.
Smaller grip gives much better accelaration for creating heavy topspin!

I agree with above post. The newer Babolat grips run big. Your best bet is to go one size below what you normally use, and add one overgrip (or not), and it should be perfect. I usually use a 4 3/8, but for the APDGT a 4 1/4 with one wilson overgrip is perfect for me.

Fugazi
07-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Thanks guys!

Rockitdog
07-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Babolats seem to run a size larger than most companies.