PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop AG 200 4d.. 16x18

klementine
07-20-2010, 11:24 AM
A shotgun!!!!

Just had a swing with it tonight.. and very, very impressed.

It's like a more flexible, forgiving K88.. with that plush,solid,classic feel of some older frames.

My session was brief with the 4d 16x18 and I'm wondering if it's just 'first impression' and a change from my prestige mids that had me jivin'.

Any thoughts/experiences from the forum?

GameSetMatch
07-20-2010, 11:28 AM
There's no such thing as a AG 200 16x18.

klementine
07-20-2010, 11:30 AM
^ Excuse me....

Meant to type AG 200 4d tour...

Ross K
07-20-2010, 11:37 AM
So no truth in it being a log with no spin?!

klementine
07-20-2010, 11:44 AM
A log it is, but i was hitting some nice, spinny balls with good depth.

Did not serve with it... maybe that's where the 'log' feel would come to fruition.

Ross? Have you decided to stick to one frame? How was the 'test drive' with the prestige mids?

I'm still holding onto mine. Just was pleasently surprised by the 200 4d tour.

LeeD
07-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Technically...
AG is the older model, just after Mfil.
4D is the latest model, and should be referred to as such.
4D is heavy.
AG can some 16x18, but not sold in USA.
I use AG 18x20's, and it serve as good as anything out there, including stiffer rackets.
I also use Mfil 18x20's, and they serve just fine.
Some stiffer rackets FEEL like they serve faster, but ask your opponent before you make the decision.

Ross K
07-20-2010, 12:27 PM
A log it is, but i was hitting some nice, spinny balls with good depth.

Did not serve with it... maybe that's where the 'log' feel would come to fruition.

Ross? Have you decided to stick to one frame? How was the 'test drive' with the prestige mids?

I'm still holding onto mine. Just was pleasently surprised by the 200 4d tour.

Hey klem,

Prestige mid ultimately didn't quite work out (er, not unlike a very hot babe that you're very attracted to but it turns out after a while you don't have enough in common and you don't quite pair up right :roll: ...)... ahem... but its a marvellous frame that I feel priviliged to have played with, albeit for only a short while.

What is far more appropriate to me/my game are 2 awesome frames I'm presently circling around, and have reasonable experience of already btw... the N95 and C10 Pro... I'm testing these against each other, varying the string jobs, etc, and hope to have a clear winner by the end of the summer.

Hope your playing well klem,

R.

klementine
07-20-2010, 12:33 PM
^ Good Luck once again Ross... I remember we both had a stint with the Reb95 (she's a looker... turns out a little empty in the head).

Working on my game as I age... kind of like running up a landslide... but it's a worthwhile endeavour.

You only have 2 months left of summer courts and daylight.. then it's winter sessions, time-slots and bad lighting.