PDA

View Full Version : Racket matching help!

Dominik
07-20-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm trying to match my AG100's, some are a few grams off. My target weight is 324 unstrung with leather grip. My method:

1. Weigh rackets.
2. Set aside weight as needed to make the weight the same.
3. Using a thin dowel and a desired balance point on the racket (I found which racket I liked "most" as an optimal desired balance), I put the weight at the point on the racket where it balanced at the desired point.
4. Check to make sure the desired weight is achieved.

Now, a few managed to have this balance point with just a bit of lead at 3/9, one needed 3 g on the handle, and one needed 4 g at 12.

Considering the characteristics of lead tape and the racket change when applied at different points, is this a concern?

OR should the rackets play the same if the balance is identical and the weight is identical, regardless of where the extra "equalizing" lead was placed relative to the other rackets?

Thanks for the help!

baek57
07-20-2010, 03:21 PM
I tried to do my own racquet matching. They were 2 grams apart. I checked the balance/weight/swingweight and determined I needed 1 gram at 12 and 1 gram in the butt. Now they are matched but they still feel different, like one is a little more polarized than the other. So I guess I'm saying that it will probably be hard to get it to feel exactly the same.

Irvin
07-20-2010, 04:38 PM
Try this link

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=325142

Irvin

Dominik
07-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Thanks Irvin! I'll check it out.

VGP
07-21-2010, 01:08 PM
I tried to do my own racquet matching. They were 2 grams apart. I checked the balance/weight/swingweight and determined I needed 1 gram at 12 and 1 gram in the butt. Now they are matched but they still feel different, like one is a little more polarized than the other. So I guess I'm saying that it will probably be hard to get it to feel exactly the same.

Then why don't you switch it to 2 grams in the throat area? I assume the polarized feeling one is the one to which you added weight....