PDA

View Full Version : Help me find the right sneaker

GZim
07-21-2010, 09:47 AM
I am currently playing in the CB 2.3's size 9.5. They are comfortable, but not nimble feeling, and they are too big in the heel. When I play singles I am moving around too much in them. I use Super Feet Orange insoles.

I used to play in the CB 1.3's size 9 which were snug but too tight to use the super feet insoles.

I recently tried the Prince T22's and in size 9.5 my big toes is hitting the front. Also tried the Nike Vapor sz9.5 (white with gold - nice look) and they also seemed a bit too boxy.

I have decent arches, my foot is a bit narrow in the back. I have had Plantar Facaittis so I want s shoe with great support and cushioning.

I play 3-4 times per week, usually 1 hr singles, and 2 hours of dubs, so 3 hours on my feet. I am 48, and walk more on the outside of my feet (like a duck)

I had a pair of NB 803's which were a pretty good fit, and a pair of NB 1003's which were too boxy in the front, and my big toe would rub and be sore after long days but yet the shoe was a bit too wide.

My left foot is a bit bigger than my right. I wish I could buy a 9.5 for my left and a 9 for my right....

SO ... what shoe should I try next?

Gary

cyu9204
07-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Maybe try the Asics Gel resolution 2. Asics shoes (at least their runners) seem to have good arch support, great cushioning, as well as a narrow heel cup for a nice snug fit. Hope this helps!

TennisKid1
07-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Get the adidas cc genius 2. Best for narrow feet high arch but are my favorite even though im normal low arch

XFactorer
07-21-2010, 10:03 PM
My left foot is a bit bigger than my right. I wish I could buy a 9.5 for my left and a 9 for my right....

That's a personal problem we don't need to hear.

Anyway, CBs are awesome. Try the Vapor line. Perhaps one day NikeiD will have tennis shoes and you can get 9.5 left, 9 right shoes (for tennis).

ProgressoR
07-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Try to remember where you left it, with some luck it will be close to where you found the left sneaker. Good Luck.

genius24
07-21-2010, 11:05 PM
asics gel rev 2 in blue. its a chick magnet. trust me

GZim
07-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Tried the Genius 2, and will have to return them, as they are definitely too narrow for me.
I am going to try the zoom breathe 2k10 next. I like the CB2.3's but they are definitely bigger and clumsier than the CB 1.3's were. Maybe the CB3.3's will be the one.

OldButGame
07-31-2010, 03:28 PM
I got some Prince T22s and my toes felt a little cramped (in 1 foot...like You i have 1 foot bigger than the other),.........I got the next have size up,....(11.5 to 12),.....and now they're perfect !!!!!!....I'm very happy with them now !!!!!:)