PDA

View Full Version : Fake Racquets

Djlpenguin
07-21-2010, 01:43 PM
I have 3 fake pure drives. needless to say i don't use them anymore. how can i get rid of them, or what should i do?

ayuname
07-21-2010, 02:06 PM
burn them and offer them to your ancestors.

Andrew Claycomb
07-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Sell them for whatever cheap walmart racquets sell for on craigslist.

tennis005
07-21-2010, 03:16 PM
I would destroy them. Someone else may try to pass them off as real and rip someone else off. The less fakes in the world the better.

Seth
07-21-2010, 03:41 PM
I would destroy them. Someone else may try to pass them off as real and rip someone else off. The less fakes in the world the better.

Absolutely.

pyrokid
07-21-2010, 04:15 PM
I'd say give 'em to people just starting, or donate thern to something.

120mphBodyServe
07-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Smash them up.
Then don't buy Wilson or Babolat for a while???

struggle
07-21-2010, 06:13 PM
I'd say give 'em to people just starting, or donate thern to something.

agreed. donate them to a youth/charity group of some sort.
they're not likely to try and pawn them off on 3bay or CL, but
just let kids have/use them to get into tennis.

smashing them up is just silly, IMO.

tennis005
07-21-2010, 09:04 PM
^^^ That's not a bad idea!

120mphBodyServe
07-22-2010, 03:01 AM
agreed. donate them to a youth/charity group of some sort.
they're not likely to try and pawn them off on 3bay or CL, but
just let kids have/use them to get into tennis.

smashing them up is just silly, IMO.

What and have kids starting off with inferior racquets?
There's no need for it. Plenty of good racquets around for $100US or so...
Put a Pro Kennex Black Ace/Redondo in their hands...
Good frame for learning the right technique.

TheOneHander
07-22-2010, 04:21 AM
What and have kids starting off with inferior racquets?There's no need for it. Plenty of good racquets around for $100US or so...
Put a Pro Kennex Black Ace/Redondo in their hands...
Good frame for learning the right technique.

Oh, the humanity!

Is a kid who is in being helped by a charity really going to say, "Darnit, they didn't give me a better racquet! Those fools! I don't want this piece of crap" *smash*

Not every child can afford a $100 tennis racquet, nor could they use one that's in the 12 ounce range. It would be a great gift to someone just to be able to have something to hit the ball with-especially a little kid.

I think the posters who would have you donate the racquets have it right. You don't have to worry about the racquets, you'd avoid guilt about selling fake racquets, and there would be some kid who's a little bit happier :)

Cheers!

GPB
07-22-2010, 04:41 AM
yeah my first thought while reading all the posts would be to donate them somewhere... maybe a local coach can point you in the right direction.

120mphBodyServe
07-22-2010, 04:56 AM
Kids who need help from a charity probably don't have enough food in their stomach to even get on a tennis court.

genius24
07-22-2010, 05:06 AM
didn't know these counterfeits were so prevalent....

PBODY99
07-22-2010, 05:08 AM
I have worked with kids who have parent who have to work to make sure they do have enough food to eat, it does not mean that they should not have a chance to play this great game. That was true in the 1970s when I started teaching in youth programs, it is true today.
Please help grow the game, donate the frames.
It also helps reduce the carbon footprint, by using up a product that has been made.

poinconeru
07-22-2010, 05:15 AM
Donating them is great. Or just keep them around for your own kids, friends and neighbors to use. I've got a fake PD and I've loaned it out several times to people who are starting the game. I tell them what it is. It's actually not a bad playing racquet (just doesn't really play like a PD), and I don't care if they scrape it all up and stuff.

Bhagi Katbamna
07-22-2010, 05:32 AM
Smash them up.

Hey, why is it Wilson's or Babolat's fault that crooks are making fake rackets with their brand on it?

120mphBodyServe
07-22-2010, 05:35 AM
Hey, why is it Wilson's or Babolat's fault that crooks are making fake rackets with their brand on it?

Because..
1) Babolats have a tendency to crack.
2) Wilson's quality control is terrible. If you buy several frames of one model the weight & balance difference between them will be significant.

And if you love yourself you will buy a better brand. :-D

Bhagi Katbamna
07-22-2010, 05:38 AM
Because..
1) Babolats have a tendency to crack.
2) Wilson's quality control is terrible. If you buy several frames of one model the weight & balance difference between them will be significant.

And if you love yourself you will buy a better brand. :-D

Ah. OK.
Got you.

TheOneHander
07-22-2010, 05:53 AM
You could always keep one or two as loaners for friends. Sometimes, when my old uni roommate flies to visit, he can't bring his tennis bags so I always keep a few on hand for him. He doesn't mind and we always can get in some good matches :D

FattyCakes
07-22-2010, 12:06 PM
I'd say keep for other to borrow or donate them. No reason to smash them! I'd say a fake PD is better than a cheap walmart/target/etc racquet. Just my opinion though.

Djlpenguin
07-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Smash them up.

Haha, I just switched to the Prince Rebel.
Oh, the humanity!

Is a kid who is in being helped by a charity really going to say, "Darnit, they didn't give me a better racquet! Those fools! I don't want this piece of crap" *smash*

Not every child can afford a $100 tennis racquet, nor could they use one that's in the 12 ounce range. It would be a great gift to someone just to be able to have something to hit the ball with-especially a little kid.

I think the posters who would have you donate the racquets have it right. You don't have to worry about the racquets, you'd avoid guilt about selling fake racquets, and there would be some kid who's a little bit happier :)

Cheers!

That one made me laugh too.

I think I'll just donate the or sell them really cheap, like 15-25 bucks.

PrinceMoron
07-27-2010, 03:03 PM
They belong to the rightsholder, not you or the person you bought them from, so technically you should return them to Babolat or whoever the licensee is in your country - Dinamica Uk over here.

If anyone buys a fake and the seller wants it back before giving a refund, you can tell them to take a hike.

ace0001a
07-27-2010, 10:22 PM
I'd say keep for other to borrow or donate them. No reason to smash them! I'd say a fake PD is better than a cheap walmart/target/etc racquet. Just my opinion though.

I tend to agree with that. I got little cousins always looking for cheap racquets. I can take them off your hands if you don't want them. Feel free to message me here.

dragot
07-28-2010, 06:22 AM
how can we understand fake racquets?

chollyred
07-28-2010, 07:54 AM
Maybe spray paint them to keep anyone else from believing they're legitimate?

Djlpenguin
07-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Maybe spray paint them to keep anyone else from believing they're legitimate?

Yeah, spay paint on, "Theez R Faek"

MurrayisBEAST
07-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Oh, the humanity!

Sorry ,but this made me ROFL LOL

PrinceMoron
07-29-2010, 02:42 AM
Remember those made in China toys that got recalled for lead paint a little while ago?

The custard yellow fake Wilson Truegrips on clone K90s actually glow in the dark, so I would not be wanting to go anywhere near one.

Hey, why not play doublehanded? Then you could go down with blood poisoning twice as quickly.

That noisy kid next door, buy him some fake APD GTs, problem sorted.

Seriously I would not be happy buying stuff made by some poor kid in a backstreet factory in China, where there is no health and safety. I think I would rather go for the Walmart special.

This looks like a good place to work... just don't step back and cut you leg off on the saw.
http://www.tennis-suppliers.com/UploadFiles/20081018115156531.jpg