PDA

View Full Version : Nike logos falling off clothes: has anyone tried this?

tennisoh
07-21-2010, 07:08 PM
I figured if there was ever a place to ask this, it would be where a lot of other tennis clothing fanatics are.

The pressed on logos for all brands are light, but also pretty easy to crack or peel off. Has anyone used something as a replacement, or even tried to get your thread out and make a more permanent logo?

I haven't tried it, but I was just wondering. I have a few shorts and shirts that have plenty of life in them, but are starting to look a little worn just on that symbol. Yes, I know it's just a logo, but it is kind of an eyesore. If it's a somewhat easy fix, I might try it.

XFactorer
07-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Some of my pressed-on Swooshes are falling off of my compression shorts and running shorts. But usually not the tennis shorts. Although the pair of charcoal shorts from French '09 had that problem and I just didn't wear them anymore. I'm not a big fan of the Swooshes coming off, but it happens.

Perhaps a hot iron can fix it?

GameSetMatch
07-22-2010, 03:17 AM
Just wash them at low tempertures. That will avoid then falling off in the first place.

Nuke
07-22-2010, 03:32 AM
Actually, I'd go the other way and remove the logo completely. Smaller pressed-on logos can be often be removed without ruining the garment by repetedly covering it with duct tape and ripping it off quickly. But of course, if you value the logo for it's status appeal, this is not for you.

10ACE
07-22-2010, 04:18 AM
Hang dry your tennis clothes- never in the drier- drier makes the swoosh crinkle and fall off. GLICH

Wombat_Joe
07-31-2010, 03:55 PM
Ha ha, TW actually sent me a Nike shirt that didn't even have the swoosh.. So it was either not put on in the first place, or TW don't check their gear before they leave..

kimguroo
07-31-2010, 04:55 PM
Ha ha, TW actually sent me a Nike shirt that didn't even have the swoosh.. So it was either not put on in the first place, or TW don't check their gear before they leave..

I also bought a Nike polo without Nike swoosh. I was shocked hahaha.

hammer
07-31-2010, 11:36 PM
4 or 5 years ago I saw a Nadal sleeveless shirt missing a logo at Niketown. I pointed it out to one of the employees there, and he promptly took it off the rack and sent it back to the stockroom.

ductrung3993
08-02-2010, 04:02 AM
Heatshrink logo is the ulitimate cr*p! My Fed short has said goodbye to its logo already after ~10 wear (polo 'll follow soon probably) I think I'm gonna bring the short to to a store and have them make an embroidered logo for me, pics will be up then.