PDA

View Full Version : Nike Or Adidas?

UW_Husky88
07-21-2010, 11:15 PM
Which one do you like more in terms of:

1. Style (includes the "cool" factor, pros using it, etc.)
2. Quality/Durability
3. Innovation (i.e. who comes out with a better/novel product)
4. Overall

For both shoes and clothing?

genius24
07-22-2010, 12:27 AM
for me, nike. its a no brainer. i think it outdoes Adidas in every cat.

ProgressoR
07-22-2010, 01:11 AM
I like the one that has the best price in the shop and looks OK, ie not ridiculous.
Sometimes its reebok, puma etc, but often its nike for the above reasons - they just tend to have more variety also

120mphBodyServe
07-22-2010, 03:04 AM
Adidas...
No contest...

mozzer
07-22-2010, 03:30 AM
Nike is no match for Adidas in the shoe compartment, nike shoes are absolutely dire in terms of durability! Some of the nike clothes have nice designs but thats about it.

macs971
07-22-2010, 04:32 AM
always nike apparel but adidas shoes.i'm quite a mix :)

genius24
07-22-2010, 05:08 AM
im sure pure numbers wise (profits and total sales) nike out does addidas in the tennis line

Jaewonnie
07-22-2010, 06:48 AM
Adidas shoes are imo better designed and better quality. However their colourways this year is poo-sicle (especially the genius 2s).

In terms of clothing, I like Nike's more classic design.

Donny0627
07-22-2010, 06:51 AM
for me, nike. its a no brainer. i think it outdoes Adidas in every cat.

Agreed, nike wins in all categories...

adidasman
07-22-2010, 09:27 AM
adidas, adidas, adidas. It's not even close. How does the stuff Nadal wears qualify as "classic design"? adidas clothes are, in general, more classic than anything outside of the Federer line. And the shoes shred anything Nike attempts. And the stuff is less expensive. What more do you want?

Jaewonnie
07-22-2010, 10:31 AM
adidas, adidas, adidas. It's not even close. How does the stuff Nadal wears qualify as "classic design"? adidas clothes are, in general, more classic than anything outside of the Federer line. And the shoes shred anything Nike attempts. And the stuff is less expensive. What more do you want?

lol adidasman... :lol:

Yea i agree wit u

Gasolina
07-22-2010, 10:42 AM
Adidas for me, but I would understand peeps who like the "Nadal" look to dress like a fairy.

PLus I'm not paying $80 for a shirt, even when it's brooks brothers

The_Question
07-22-2010, 11:36 AM

2. Quality/Durability
4. Overall

For both price and value

counterpuncher64
07-22-2010, 06:52 PM
I feel like Nike is more creative, has a cooler look, better sponsors, etc. but Adidas is much better in terms of quality, durability, which obviously is very important.

This leaves me torn between the two :(

Breaker
07-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Adidas ever since they came out with those sweet shirts for Safin.

Plus I like their shoes a lot better.

TennisNinja
07-22-2010, 07:05 PM
I like some of Nike's styles more (usually), but the Barricades are my all time favorite tennis shoe.

Edberg
07-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Aesthetics of apparel goes to Adidas shoes are on the same level.

Shoe Durability goes to Adidas.

Shoe Comfort goes to Nike.

Shoe Weight goes to Nike.

Im here to keep it correct folks.

MurrayisBEAST
07-22-2010, 07:58 PM
I think Adidas has more creative shirt designs and have better shoes ,but Nike is more comfortable imo. I actually wear Nike more.

aaron_h27
07-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Adidas has much better shoes. I started out with Adidas but decided to try Nike and my foot would hurt more than usual after tennis practice. I thought I had got the wrong size, but after buying a Adidas shoe again It's much better. Never will buy Nike shoes again

ODYSSEY Mk.4
07-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Better Shoes Adidas
Better Everything else Adidas sorry nike Adidas is just better in every aspect

[d]ragon
07-22-2010, 09:27 PM
I like like Nike in terms of everything.
Alot of Adidas stuff is rather boring to me and when they do try to come out with something new, it looks ugly.
Plus Nike offers more T-shirts (my top of choice) than Adidas

adidasman
07-23-2010, 06:36 AM
Better Shoes Adidas
Better Everything else Adidas sorry nike Adidas is just better in every aspect No need to be sorry. ;)

JRstriker12
07-23-2010, 07:12 AM

2. Quality/Durability
4. Overall

For both shoes and clothing?

FWIW- I think it's hard to make a call on shoes as shoes really depend on personal fit. I've tried on the barricades every year, but they just don't fit the shape of my foot. It doesn't mean they are bad shoes though, they are great shoes, they just don't fit me.

1. Style/Cool factor - Nike

-Style - Nike has something new every year. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but that's fashion. With Adidas, it always seems to be the same polo or crew, with the stripes on the arms and very little change - except for maybe the recent Edge series or the Adidas YOC shirts (which I liked alot). If you like a more edgy style you go Nike. If your more traditional, you usually go Adidas.

- When you factor in the "who's using it" there's no contest. In Nike you have Fed and Nadal and those two cover alot of tennis fans. Who's the coolest Adidas wearer in the current top 10 - Murray?? Not exactly Mr. personality. Adidas was hurt when they lost Djoker who has a bit more charisma. Verdasco is cool, but looks small in the Shadow of Rafa.

2. Quality/Durability - Adidas -
As far as clothes go, I think it's a push. They both put out a good quality product. Clima-cool or Dry-Fit, you really can't go wrong. I think the durability of the Barricades over the other Nike shoes may give Adidas a slight edge.

3. Innovation - Nike -

-Nike always seems to come out with some sort of new cushion for thier shoes or a way to make them lighter. Adidas - not so much. Even in the realm of clothes - you have tech like Nike sphere. IMHO - at least markets their new tech better than Adidas.

4. Overall - Nike

Really you can't go wrong with either one. Mostly it comes down to personal preference. But using these three factors, I think Nike comes out slightly ahead in a very close comparison.

Markov
07-24-2010, 08:06 AM
The designs of any manufacturer are more or less total crap nowadays... but Nike's are better than adidas's (it used to be the other way around). adidas apparel looks like it was made for running, I don't know why they have decided to make it look that way. Their shoes are better than Nike's, though, and don't even look that bad as long as they are all-white :)

genius24
07-24-2010, 11:51 PM
arguing which is better is a pure catch 22 with no end.....