PDA

View Full Version : Any Flexible Wilsons Out Right Now For Topspin/Serves?

counterpuncher64
07-22-2010, 12:35 AM
Title says it all. What's the best current Wilson out right now for generating topspin on groundstrokes and serves, as well as serving in general? Right now, I have nBlades and like the control, but hate how little spin they generate. This especially becomes a problem on my serve, so if there are any newer Wilsons out that can aid in this department, can you guys think of any?

Ross K
07-22-2010, 12:47 AM
Title says it all. What's the best current Wilson out right now for generating topspin on groundstrokes and serves, as well as serving in general? Right now, I have nBlades and like the control, but hate how little spin they generate. This especially becomes a problem on my serve, so if there are any newer Wilsons out that can aid in this department, can you guys think of any?

Easy choice!... go into the f/s section on TT or wanted... check out fboy... do it until you get it... volia!

Oh, the frame, right!?... simple... the N95 open pattern... awesome racket imo... lots of topspin and oomph and solidness... perfect if that's what you want for your serve and groundies.

MayDay
07-22-2010, 01:13 AM
1. You sure it's not your technique that's not generating enough spin?

2. What type of strings are you using? (Poly in general have higher spin potential - again, depending on your technique.)

chaddles
07-22-2010, 01:55 AM
I found the BLX90 to be the best for easy spin production, followed closely by the BLX Pro Open.

counterpuncher64
07-22-2010, 02:57 AM
1. You sure it's not your technique that's not generating enough spin?

2. What type of strings are you using? (Poly in general have higher spin potential - again, depending on your technique.)

1. I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive. I get plenty of spin even with an 18x20 but it requires a lot of effort to get it, whereas if I pick a babolat, for example, I get as much or more spin without putting in as much effort. Therefore, it makes more sense to get a racket that optimizes my game rather than over-exerting myself when there are options out there.

2. I actually use Kevlar right now. I've tried luxy in the past and loved it, but it's too damn expensive.