microgel
flexpoint
liquidmetal

kalic
07-22-2010, 02:32 AM
Graphite+twaron, Made in Austria. IMHO

Arvid
07-22-2010, 02:54 AM
If any of these technologys really did anything good we would see them in the next generation of rackets wouldnt we? All this tech stuff is nothing but BS and trying to hoax people into buying something new......

Sidd Finch
07-22-2010, 03:41 AM
If any of these technologys really did anything good we would see them in the next generation of rackets wouldnt we? All this tech stuff is nothing but BS and trying to hoax people into buying something new......

^^^ true story.

joe sch
07-22-2010, 05:36 AM
Youtek's use d3o which is an oustanding new dampener, is just a question of how much does head really use and how much more effective could it be with more ? I wish they would just produce some more of the prestige classics.

jchl97
07-22-2010, 06:52 AM
As they say, the best keeps getting better.

TnTBigman
07-22-2010, 07:02 AM
mmmm.........none. Guess how much of that "special material" is part of the composite of the whole racquet? My guess is as good as yours. Less than 5%. It's all mostly graphite and carbon fibers. However I must say, the Flexpoint was the strangest of the bunch. Really dampend feeling....like pocketing.

CycloneSh0t
07-22-2010, 07:35 PM
mmmm.........none. Guess how much of that "special material" is part of the composite of the whole racquet? My guess is as good as yours. Less than 5%. It's all mostly graphite and carbon fibers. However I must say, the Flexpoint was the strangest of the bunch. Really dampend feeling....like pocketing.

i heard rackets now aren't even using real graphite according to a co-worker of mien in a tennis shop. he claims that the old rackets were like the old pure drive teams and pure control were pure graphites and could last a long time before the racket "dies"

the ones now are apparently composite graphites, which has a smaller lifespan, but is cheaper to make as apposed to the older ones

this is one of the reasons i think some racket companies are reluctant to bring back their older models. the hammers, classics, and teams

they wouldn't feel like they did in the past

pyrokid
07-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Youtek, but that doesn't mean it's the best. Ti. line was very good.

skyzoo
07-22-2010, 08:31 PM
100% graphite....

Fearsome Forehand
07-22-2010, 08:42 PM
None of the above.

Somewhere, P.T. Barnum is smiling down upon us. :)

OldButGame
07-23-2010, 11:44 AM
I agree with this,...and frankly,...i get a little insulted by companies that presume, that we The Consumer are 'no brighter than that'. Science and technology does not change,...especially in the kinds of' 'revolutionary' ways the companies suggest,.......at the rate they claim it does,...heck....if it did move that fast,...we would have been populating other planets and wiped out disease a long time ago.

pyrokid
07-23-2010, 08:10 PM
I agree with this,...and frankly,...i get a little insulted by companies that presume, that we The Consumer are 'no brighter than that'. Science and technology does not change,...especially in the kinds of' 'revolutionary' ways the companies suggest,.......at the rate they claim it does,...heck....if it did move that fast,...we would have been populating other planets and wiped out disease a long time ago.

The thing is, the vast majority of people are not smarter than that.
Or it wouldn't work.

GoSurfBoy
07-23-2010, 09:32 PM

Absolutely SECOND that...All this crap is a search to make the frames play like they used to. If they WERE good, Head wouldn't be laying up frames for the pros with material and techniques from 20 years ago.

Played the BLX and the Youtek, Some of the deadest, zero-feedback frames I've ever tried.

ace0001a
07-24-2010, 01:04 AM

I'm all for that too or even just 100% graphite.

High Roller
07-24-2010, 08:09 AM
^^^ true story.

Great handle. Is your serve as lethal as your fastball? :)

vsbabolat
07-24-2010, 08:26 AM
i heard rackets now aren't even using real graphite according to a co-worker of mien in a tennis shop. he claims that the old rackets were like the old pure drive teams and pure control were pure graphites and could last a long time before the racket "dies"

the ones now are apparently composite graphites, which has a smaller lifespan, but is cheaper to make as apposed to the older ones

this is one of the reasons i think some racket companies are reluctant to bring back their older models. the hammers, classics, and teams

they wouldn't feel like they did in the past

False. When a company says it's 100% graphite it means the racquet is made from just Graphite (Carbon fibers) and epoxy resins. Composite Graphite means that the racquet is comprised of materials such as fiberglass, Kevlar, ceramic along with the graphite and epoxy resins. The Pure Drive Team and the Pure Control Team were a composite of Graphite, epoxy resins, and Kevlar.

CycloneSh0t
07-28-2010, 09:49 PM
False. When a company says it's 100% graphite it means the racquet is made from just Graphite (Carbon fibers) and epoxy resins. Composite Graphite means that the racquet is comprised of materials such as fiberglass, Kevlar, ceramic along with the graphite and epoxy resins. The Pure Drive Team and the Pure Control Team were a composite of Graphite, epoxy resins, and Kevlar.

that sounds reasonable but how much kevlar did they actually put in realistically, its probably i guess under 5% not enough to block a bullet

CycloneSh0t
07-28-2010, 10:00 PM

well the liquidmetal versions appeared with the flexpoint series, and i heard great things about the lq series as apposed to the poor review on the fxp

cork_screw
07-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Applause.

My pt57e doesn't have liquidmetal, flexpoint, microgel, or youtek technology. For some reason for some reason all the pros who use it don't need it. I wonder...

rony67
07-29-2010, 04:36 AM
I prefer a smarter racquet, better game.

;-)

Chanthony
07-29-2010, 04:41 AM
youtek played really well for me

rich s
07-29-2010, 05:10 AM
Whole heartedly agree with Graphie and Twaron.....

After Twin Tube it was all downhill ......

pyrokid
07-29-2010, 01:10 PM
that sounds reasonable but how much kevlar did they actually put in realistically, its probably i guess under 5% not enough to block a bullet

Five to ten percent sounds correct enough, but I just don't see how blocking a bullet comes into the equation here.

Larrysümmers
07-29-2010, 01:14 PM
Five to ten percent sounds correct enough, but I just don't see how blocking a bullet comes into the equation here.

i think he was making a joke for kevalr is used in bullet proof vests

pyrokid
07-29-2010, 01:57 PM
i think he was making a joke for kevalr is used in bullet proof vests

I get that, but I actually thought he was serious.
That clears stuff up.

Sarcasm on the internet is too complex for me.

Overheadsmash
07-29-2010, 02:05 PM
I can say this: I have the mircogel extreme pro and it is very, very comfortable to hit with. Great feel. I have it strung with babolat pro hurricane at 62 lbs.

Larrysümmers
07-29-2010, 02:11 PM
I get that, but I actually thought he was serious.
That clears stuff up.

Sarcasm on the internet is too complex for me.

there needs to be a sarcasm font