PDA

View Full Version : microgel mojo

Larrysümmers
07-22-2010, 11:40 AM
any feedback on it? the specs kind of remind me of an oversize radical but more stiff and and smaller head.

any feedback welcome :)

the Town Sherif
07-22-2010, 11:52 AM
very light in stock form, but still more stable than other racquets with similar specs

Larrysümmers
07-22-2010, 12:09 PM
very light in stock form, but still more stable than other racquets with similar specs

thank you how is it for spin?

Another question: is the bar in the throat a legit technology or is just there to make you think its awesome. I notice the POG and Avery have them.

Thanks again

Don't Let It Bounce
07-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Another question: is the bar in the throat a legit technology or is just there to make you think its awesome. I notice the POG and Avery have them. It was intended to increase twistweight; i.e., to make the racquet more stable on off-center hits on the 3:00-9:00 axis. I gather that most players (who comment, and whom I've heard) believe it does so. My own experience (Prince 4-stripeGraphite OS) is inconclusive: it had great stability, but I have no clue how much of that stability was due to its crossbar.

My best guess (and that's all it is) is that what the crossbar contributes to twistweight is dwarfed by stringbed width and by mass on the sides of the hoop.

Crossbars also make it easy to spin a racquet on one finger, and that's fun.

roundiesee
07-22-2010, 05:16 PM
I think this is a very underrated racket; my wife used to own one, and she uses it to great effect in doubles; to me it is a great doubles stick, very maneuverable and excellent for groundies and quick doubles exchanges; unfortunately due to its light weight , it is a little weak on volleys; you may want to custom it to increase its stability, but overall a very nice racket for those who enjoy playing with a light racket with a large sweetspot

Outlined
09-19-2010, 10:14 AM
The Mojo is the successor of the Fire, isn't it. Think it is a great underrated stick however I haven't played it myself. What is the difference with the Monster (successor of the Heat) and what level is it targeted for?

I played with some of the intelligence rackets with bridge, a grey one and a blue + black one. Liked them both.