PDA

View Full Version : Nike Fit vs Dri Fit

Milan
07-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Why do they not make NIKE FIT CAPS anymore??

This Dri Fit stuff is awful.. They're flimsy I dont like them at all...

Where can I find the old hat?

saigonbond
07-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Nike makes terrible hats for tennis. I agree that they're ridiculously flimsy and are probably better suited for long distance runners. However, they make a huge vairety of golf hats that I find great for tennis.
CHEERS!

BreakPoint
07-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Dri-Fit = Nike FIT

Same thing.

It was called "Dri-Fit" for many years before until about 3-4 years ago when they changed the name to "Nike-FIT". It looks like they've now changed the name back to "Dri-Fit" for whatever reason. It's just the name of Nike's sweat-wicking products. The products themselves are the same. I have both names of shirts, shorts, hats, etc.

BTW, I think the Nike featherlight hats are great for tennis. They are so light and comfortable that you don't even realize that you're wearing a hat. :)

kimguroo
07-22-2010, 03:23 PM
I agree. It's same material and just different name.
I have several old dri fit patched hats and Lots of Nike fit and recent version of dri fit hats. It's same. Golf hats are a little thick and does not dry quickly than feather light.
Featherlight hats are great for any sports. I think it's GOAT.

XFactorer
07-22-2010, 05:10 PM
NikeFIT (Functional Innovative Technology) is an all encompassing name for DriFit, ThermalFit, and StormFit. That's why you see "NikeFIT Dri" or NikeFIT Thermal."

NikeFIT caps are the same as the Nike DriFit hats (as long as we're talking about the featherlight hat). There were SphereDry hats and new Nike DayBreak hats.

1stVolley
07-22-2010, 05:25 PM
Dri-Fit = Nike FIT

BTW, I think the Nike featherlight hats are great for tennis. They are so light and comfortable that you don't even realize that you're wearing a hat. :)

I agree wholeheartedly. I've got one of those hats that's about 18 months old and has been washed probably 3 or 4 times a week and it still looks good.

scotus
07-22-2010, 10:49 PM

Do these Featherlights keep your head cool? Or does it get stuffy and hot?

WildVolley
07-22-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm a fan of the featherlight hats too. They are not flimsy, at least in the sense that the brim is stiff and almost always has a black underside which makes sense in the sun. The rest of the hat is very light-weight, hence the name.

The hats are slightly vented but they are not going to match going without a hat. However, they will keep the sun off your head if you don't have a mop of hair, and they're very easy to wash and dry much more quickly than cotton hats.

XFactorer
07-22-2010, 11:59 PM
The Featherlight hats are awesome!

BreakPoint
07-23-2010, 01:44 AM
Do these Featherlights keep your head cool? Or does it get stuffy and hot?
I don't even notice them. I always wear a hat when it's sunny to keep the sun out of my eyes.

BreakPoint
07-23-2010, 01:50 AM
I agree wholeheartedly. I've got one of those hats that's about 18 months old and has been washed probably 3 or 4 times a week and it still looks good.

I'm a fan of the featherlight hats too. They are not flimsy, at least in the sense that the brim is stiff and almost always has a black underside which makes sense in the sun. The rest of the hat is very light-weight, hence the name.

The hats are slightly vented but they are not going to match going without a hat. However, they will keep the sun off your head if you don't have a mop of hair, and they're very easy to wash and dry much more quickly than cotton hats.
May I ask, how do you guys wash your featherlight hats?

I have lots of them but I never wash them because I haven't figured out how to. I'm afraid of putting them in the washer and dryer for fear of destroying them. I once tried to wash a blue colored one by hand but when it dried (air dried), it showed all these big blotches of dark water marks.

Donny0627
07-23-2010, 06:43 AM
The featherlight hats are awesome...

JRstriker12
07-23-2010, 07:02 AM

I have lots of them but I never wash them because I haven't figured out how to. I'm afraid of putting them in the washer and dryer for fear of destroying them. I once tried to wash a blue colored one by hand but when it dried (air dried), it showed all these big blotches of dark water marks.

+1 on the featherlight hats.

I have two white nike tennis caps. One is a feather light and the other is has a heavier cotton farbric to it. I prefer the featherlight hands down.

FWIW - When I was my feather light, I usually put it on a delicate cycle and then air dry.

Ace-Of-Spades
07-23-2010, 09:33 AM
I have a black nike hat that i bought 2 years ago. It's the best one I've ever found, it's 83% acrylic / 15% wool / 2% spandex. It's flex fit & I have yet to ever see another one like it. I'd tell you to try one of them if i knew where to get one.

XFactorer
07-23-2010, 10:12 AM
I throw mine into the washing machine on delicate. Hang dry. Make sure you adjust the tabs/pulls on the back so the velcro isn't exposed... otherwise they'll all grab on to each other and it'll ruin some of the hats.

WildVolley
07-23-2010, 10:51 AM

I haven't experienced the water marks. I tend to hand wash them in cold water to get the salt/sweat stains out and then hang them to dry outside to drip dry on a clothes line, preferably in the sun.

I have an obsidian blue hat, and it dries without water marks. Could there be something in your water that is causing that? I'll sometimes use a mild detergent on my white hat if it gets dirty and again leave it to drip dry.

kimguroo
07-23-2010, 11:12 AM

I do hand wash.
I put warm water (not hat water) in a bucket and some laundry detergent.
let it sit for couple of hours then rinse with clean water.

Ghost
07-23-2010, 11:18 AM
I washed many times my Nike feather light hats with other tennis stuff on normal cycle (non delicate), dried in the dryer, no problems at all. The only thing not to forget is mentioned already "Make sure you adjust the tabs/pulls on the back so the velcro isn't exposed... otherwise they'll all grab on to each other and it'll ruin some of the hats". I'll add that it can ruin some other cloth as well if you keep velcro exposed.

BreakPoint
07-23-2010, 12:17 PM
OK, thanks for all the tips on washing the featherlight hats. :)

volusiano
07-23-2010, 12:45 PM
I gotta say, I've had my 2 featherlight hats for 4 years now and I hand wash them and I haven't seen the slightest sign of wear from any of them. I'm surprised they're that durable.

Milan
07-23-2010, 04:48 PM
probably i was talking about SphereDry... because my NikeFit and Dri-Fit which I just bought 2 weeks ago do NOT fit the same....

Perhaps They are different, but they look identical. The Dri Fit seems smaller, and flimsy..i dont know. Thanks guys

XFactorer
07-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Dude, almost all hats will have the DriFit logo or NikeFIT logo on it somewhere. You're probably confused about which style you've got. In all my encounters, the Featherlight hats are amazing. I have a Daybreak running hat (that also has the DriFit logo) that's lightweight and for running. There are a bunch of DriFit hats. Post a pic.

MurrayisBEAST
07-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Nike fit and Dri Fit are the same thing! I love the featherlight hats so much! :D

1stVolley
07-24-2010, 02:21 AM

I have a white colored one. Mostly, I wash it in the shower, using regular hand soap. I've also put it in the washing machine a couple of times with no problem, but I find it gets just as clean in the shower. I wring it out afterwards and hang it up on the shower curtain rod, using the velcro fastener, and it's dry in 4 hours or so.

innoVAShaun
07-24-2010, 05:26 AM
Nike Feather Light hats rule!

But, I have noticed the fit of the hats have changed recently. Before 2010, the hats have fit me well, and now they seem a lot roomier.

BreakPoint
07-24-2010, 10:08 AM
Nike Feather Light hats rule!

But, I have noticed the fit of the hats have changed recently. Before 2010, the hats have fit me well, and now they seem a lot roomier.
I find that the special versions, like the summer "McEnroe" version, fits roomier and sits taller on my head than the standard regular versions.

BreakPoint
07-24-2010, 10:09 AM
I have a white colored one. Mostly, I wash it in the shower, using regular hand soap. I've also put it in the washing machine a couple of times with no problem, but I find it gets just as clean in the shower. I wring it out afterwards and hang it up on the shower curtain rod, using the velcro fastener, and it's dry in 4 hours or so.
Thanks for the tip. I may give that a try. :)

XFactorer
07-24-2010, 12:37 PM
I find that the special versions, like the summer "McEnroe" version, fits roomier and sits taller on my head than the standard regular versions.

I just wore my new Nadal hat (black w/ hot lime) today and it did seem roomier. It was also made with "regenerated materials" which is totally awesome! Going green!

saigonbond
07-24-2010, 03:35 PM
I always wash my lids with one of these (they go by a bunch of diff names):

http://www.organizeit.com/pocapwasher.asp

Here in Texas, a good hat is a necessity not an option. I prefer Nike golf hats because they aren't so flimsy/floppy (and not so girly). Nike golf mesh and perforated dri-fit hats are nearly as thin and equally as moisture wicking, but have shape and structure. Just my opinion, to each his own though. Here's a few of the ones I wear:

http://img807.imageshack.us/g/62230298.jpg/

CHEERS!