PDA

View Full Version : Someone help me choose a racquet!!

aceprojesus
07-22-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm currently using the exo3 black but I really don't like it that much. It doesn't give me any power or spin whatsoever and it has very inconsistent feedback. I'm looking for a solid frame that has good power and spin but also has plenty of feel. I'm only 5'4 and I only weigh 115, so I'm not exactly a "ball banger". I'm looking for something that has a headsize of either 98 or 100 sq. in. and is 27 in. long. I'd prefer an open string pattern but 16x18 is also fine. Also I hate every racquet made by prince, (so don't include any prince racquets :))

On a side note, I've played with the babolat pure drive before I and I liked it a lot but I'd like to try a bunch of racquets before I commit. Any "expert advice" would be greatly appreciated!

Agent Orynge
07-22-2010, 07:22 PM
If you found something you like already, just use it.

TennisCJC
07-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Wilson BLX Pro Open
Volkl PB Mid+ Light
Dunlop Aerogel 500 Tour
Boris Becker V1 Mid+

The Wilson, Boris Becker and Dunlop have a higher swing weight which will give you more stability and power. You can handle these rackets. I know players your size that have no problems with rackets in this swing weight range. Try them before you buy. The Dunlop is a bit stiff so be careful how it feels on the arm and elbow.

TennisCJC
07-22-2010, 08:16 PM
To clarify, that's the Volkl PB 10 Mid+ Light. This one may be a little underpowered for you but it is a good racket if you can generate enough depth and power.