PDA

View Full Version : Best shoe that will last.

Ace-Of-Spades
07-23-2010, 08:13 AM
Alright I've been using the Asics Gel-Resolution 2 and loving them. They're extremely comfortable, light, low to the ground, excellent support, and look good to boot! Only one problem, I've worn out my 3rd pair in a row, this one only taking a little under 4 months (I play only on hard courts, at least 12 hours a week). And since my wallet doesn't like shelling out a $100 three times a year I'm looking to switch shoes. Hopefully while compromising as little as possible for some beefed up durability.

I'm wondering what would be recommended? I've never played with anything other than Asics. I have a neutral arch with an average width foot & open to ideas.

Thanks!

P.S. - Please do not simply reply "Nikes ARE THE BEST!!!" I'd appreciate it if you actaully compare them to the other shoes you've tried & you're experience with them. Since I doubt anyone here has tried every pair of shoes made.

kimguroo
07-23-2010, 08:36 AM
Alright I've been using the Asics Gel-Resolution 2 and loving them. They're extremely comfortable, light, low to the ground, excellent support, and look good to boot! Only one problem, I've worn out my 3rd pair in a row, this one only taking a little under 4 months (I play only on hard courts, at least 12 hours a week). And since my wallet doesn't like shelling out a $100 three times a year I'm looking to switch shoes. Hopefully while compromising as little as possible for some beefed up durability.

I'm wondering what would be recommended? I've never played with anything other than Asics. I have a neutral arch with an average width foot & open to ideas.

Thanks!

P.S. - Please do not simply reply "Nikes ARE THE BEST!!!" I'd appreciate it if you actaully compare them to the other shoes you've tried & you're experience with them. Since I doubt anyone here has tried every pair of shoes made.

you play about 196 hours with your shoes.
I don't see any durability issue for your asics shoes.
I don't think there is a shoes which can last over 250 hrs.

in my case, most of shoes last about 140-150 hours.
I also play around 12 hrs or slightly more per a week.
I drag my right feet.
several barricades V lasted about 9-10 weeks (about 145 hrs).
Nike CB 1.3 lasted full three months.

barricade has better protection in heel area, CB 1.3/2.3 has better protection in toe area, and CB cushion last longer than Barricade V for me.

ScoopsHaaganDazs
07-23-2010, 09:39 AM
Considering your Asics lasted that long, virtually any shoe you pick with a 6 months durability will last you longer. The barricade Vs have the best durability in my opinion. If it isn't the best, it's one of the best for durability.

Also, in general, most Prince models of shoes are good. They're cheap, comfy, and have the 6 months durability. Sorry if this falls under your "Nikes ARE THE BEST!!!" advice. I've only tried the T20 from Prince and it's discontinued now. They are more durable than other shoes like the Vapors, but no where close to the barricades. But I assume from your Asics that you won't be able to wear out barricades in under 6 months for your second pair. You might be able to wear out Prince shoes in that time. (Just a guess)

WildVolley
07-23-2010, 09:46 AM
In my limited experience with durability shoes, the Prince T22 was the most durable I tried. The only Nike shoe I have experience with recently is the BF2, which lasted me almost a full 6-months of mostly weekend usage. Asics Resolutions lasted me about 5-months. I was not able to wear through the Prince T22s in 6 months. Note, I don't drag my feet and tend to not be tough on shoes.

mozzer
07-23-2010, 09:47 AM
I have used the Asics GR 2 and i agree, they are awesome shoes but durability was lacking :( I moved to Barricade 5's and they are miles above in terms of durability and stability, comfort isnt far behind either! However, due to a cheap price i bought some Nike Court Ballistec 1.3 andthe durability is absolutely shocking, much worse than the Barricades and probably the Asics. I totally regret moving from Adidas

TheRed
07-23-2010, 09:47 AM

Thanks!

Keep wearing the Asics and buy them from a place with a warranty on them...the "Bird"

Ace-Of-Spades
07-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Considering your Asics lasted that long, virtually any shoe you pick with a 6 months durability will last you longer. The barricade Vs have the best durability in my opinion. If it isn't the best, it's one of the best for durability.

Also, in general, most Prince models of shoes are good. They're cheap, comfy, and have the 6 months durability. Sorry if this falls under your "Nikes ARE THE BEST!!!" advice. I've only tried the T20 from Prince and it's discontinued now. They are more durable than other shoes like the Vapors, but no where close to the barricades. But I assume from your Asics that you won't be able to wear out barricades in under 6 months for your second pair. You might be able to wear out Prince shoes in that time. (Just a guess)

I wore the entire first level of the sole & fair deal of the second, inner sole, off the entire area that my big toe and ball of my foot is at. So I think I've pushed them past their regular life span. I'm leaning towards the barricades at the moment though if I'm not happy with them I will look into a pair of princes. Just out of curiosity has anyone tried the Babolot Pro-pulse 2's? I've heard very little about them.

As to "TheRed" I'm more than a little lost as to why you typed "... the "Bird""??? :confused:

TennisKid1
07-23-2010, 08:07 PM
The performance of the Asics gel resolution 2 and adding durability would probably equal the cc genius 2. I play with it and it has nice arch support plus the low to the ground feel people look for. The shoe feels very fast as well. The next best shoe would be the Barricade 6

MurrayisBEAST
07-23-2010, 08:36 PM
I like the Barricade 6's a lot :D

mctennis
08-02-2010, 05:55 AM
IMHO, if you like the shoe and you have no foot problems with them WHY would you try messing around with other shoes and spending a lot more money just trying other ones? It sounds like the Asics are working out pretty well for you considering how many hours you actually play. Normally, from what I have seen in the past, if you get a really durable sole it is too hard on the foot.

mnm
08-02-2010, 05:58 AM
I would go with the Vapors..

JoelDali
08-02-2010, 06:53 AM
I would go with the Vapors..

LOL

10 is the loneliest #.

TheRed
08-02-2010, 07:45 AM
As to "TheRed" I'm more than a little lost as to why you typed "... the "Bird""??? :confused:

Email me if you want to know why. Although, I think the cc genius and barricade 6 are good replacements as well.