PDA

View Full Version : Fischer Pro Impact FT - Review TripleB???

SteveI
05-24-2005, 11:23 AM
Hello All,

I have had the opportunity to play with this frame for the last few weeks. I have found the user feedback posted to be very close to my experience. In most cases very positive. On the other hand, TripleB did a very fine review of this frame (with two others) with mostly negitive comments. If there are others on this board that would like to share their experiences that would be great. Also, I could not find the string or tension the frame was strung with for the playtesting period. That information might help improve my understanding of TripleB's insights. Thanks and have a great day!

Steve

Shane Reynolds
05-25-2005, 06:34 PM
I found the racquet to be great all around with one caveat: it can be unstable at net on hard-hit shots. I'm fat and slow, so I pretty much earn my place by getting in to the net and forcing opponents to try short angles around me; I normally play with a much faster partner to balance out the team. I ended up moving on to the PD+ and while it is more stable all around, I'm not so sure it is any improvement on volleys. I am surprised the Pro Impact FT hasn't caught on more. It can feel a bit "whippy" but you get used to that pretty quick. Good luck!