PDA

View Full Version : Best Midplus raquets out newly released?

christian
05-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Here is my list: Babolat Aero Pro Drive
Head Liquidmetal Prestige MP
Head Flexpoint Radical Tour
Prince O3 Tour
Wilson N Six-One 95

Let me know what are your favorite and if you disagree with any of my choices and why.

Flatspin
05-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Alot of good frames there. However, the Vokyl V-Engine Tour MP is very nice!

TennsDog
05-24-2005, 04:19 PM
I must agree with Flatspin. The Wilson nCode 6.1 95, Volkl Tour 10 VE MP, and Prince NXG MP are the three best rackets out there now.

stc9357
05-24-2005, 04:43 PM
I think you should demo the head flexpoint radical tour mp

billyboybeacon
05-24-2005, 09:17 PM
You have to put the Slaz X1 in that group I have hit w/ all the above and liked the X1 best..the Aero pro extended is awfully sweet..I thought the lm prestige was cr*p my .02

hofertennis
05-28-2005, 11:56 PM
Dunlop has two very nice mid plus frames. The M-Fil 2 Hundred at 95 inches. and the M-Fil 3 hundred at 98 inches. Both are very forgiving and powerful.

Michelangelo
05-29-2005, 12:09 AM
Völkl V10 is easy to play; nCode series frames feel too modern and not easy to get used to, especially when you've been with classic sticks for a while; Babolat is generally not pretty good at touch/feel; Prince O3 Tour is kinda disappointing in the touch/feel aspect too, but very good at net, spin and overhead; Flexpoint Radical Tour seems alright, just I don't like the sound when I hit the balls; Liquidmetal Prestige has relatively more traditional feel among them, but I love my friend's Prestige Classic 600 a lot more; RDX 500 is very elbow friendly yet still offers plenty of control and power, but too bad not every local store offers Yonex rackets in the States.

aj_m2009
05-29-2005, 12:51 AM
The RDX500 is definitely one of the best I've ever tried(but then again I haven't tried many lol). And then(I know some of you will disagree with this one)the PS Tour 95 is also a really great MP frame IMO.

Rafa Nadal
05-29-2005, 02:53 AM
Aeropro Drive and Flexpoint Radical TOUR

barry
05-29-2005, 03:42 AM
I have tested two. The Head Flexpoint tour and the Prince O3 Tour. Would recomend the Prince O3, it has more feel and weight distribution is perfect for my game. The Head Flexpoint did not have any feel, could never figure out where the ball was going and also hurt my shoulder.

O3 Tour is the best frame I have tested.

AndrewD
05-29-2005, 03:54 AM
All good choices so far.

Best Ive tried recently were, in my order of preference, the
Prince O3 Tour
Volkl T10mp GenII
Wilson N Six-One 95
RDX500mp

kv581
05-29-2005, 08:04 AM
All good choices so far.

Best Ive tried recently were, in my order of preference, the
Prince O3 Tour
Volkl T10mp GenII
Wilson N Six-One 95
RDX500mp
Hey Andrew,
Can you compare O3 tour with GenII (or POG OS for that matter)?

I agree about the RDX mp, btw.

AndrewD
05-29-2005, 08:21 AM
kv581,
very different racquets. Id say the GenII is a low powered, well weighted frame with good flex (more than is usual these days). Swings well, lovely at net and good access to spin (top and slice but moreso slice), however doesn't have the best control (directional mainly) and I felt it lost tension quite quickly.

The 03, is a great racquet (in a bracket with the TT Warrior and Diablo as the only recent Prince frames that compare with their glory days ) but has one slight drawback which is weight. Just feels like it needs a little more weight added to the head. That's a simple adjustment which is why I rate it highly. Apart from that it has excellent spin (top and slice equally) potential, very good power (moreso when weighted), easy to move, great from the back of the court, at net and on serve. If I could afford it Id probably be using it.

Different kettle of fish to the POG OS. Better on serve, more power, equally good spin, better at net (i dont like an OS at net), better on serve (dont like an OS on serve either) but not as well weighted as the POG OS and doesn't have the same pin-point control. Also doesn't have the soft feel of the POG OS but is still a very comfortable racquet.

Fuzzless
05-29-2005, 09:59 AM
i think the ProKennex Ki 5 PSE is a solid racquet.

wonder why :)

am i the only person on the boards who actually likes this frame?

POGO
05-29-2005, 10:10 AM
Are the new aerepro drive better than the older areopro drives?

drak
05-29-2005, 10:55 AM
Andrew, if the listed 03 price is too much TW is great about matching lower advertised prices on the Internet. I won't name names but I got mine from TW for about $50 below the normal price (I hope posting this is okay?). Email me for info

wave@bendcable.com

Drak

kv581
05-29-2005, 11:09 AM
Different kettle of fish to the POG OS. Better on serve, more power, equally good spin, better at net (i dont like an OS at net), better on serve (dont like an OS on serve either) but not as well weighted as the POG OS and doesn't have the same pin-point control. Also doesn't have the soft feel of the POG OS but is still a very comfortable racquet.
O3 has more power than POG OS? Interesting. I remember being very pleased with the ample power POG OS offered me when I played with it a few weeks back. I also didn't like volleying with POG OS, but surprisingly thought POG OS was excellent on serves. Maybe I was having a few great days, or maybe POG OS just suits me well, but I really enjoyed serving with it. In comparison, I did not enjoy serving with TT Warrior OS or Volkl C10 Pro nearly as much. If only I can volley better with POG OS; hopefully this'll improve with time.

Jonnyf
05-29-2005, 11:11 AM
i was wandering i play with a PD+ and in sep or (4 Xmas) would it be smart to change to an Aero Pro what is better is it just a PD that swings faster

AndrewD
05-29-2005, 11:04 PM
Yes, I think the O3 Tour has more power than the POG OS, despite the size difference. It is, however, a matter of preference. If you serve well with an OS that's great. Unfortunately, I don't. Just find it too imprecise on serve.
I will say though, I always feel that the POG OS has the best weight, balance and swingweight for me. I just don't like the 107sq Oversize head and the way it plays at net and on serve which are key parts of my game. Also feel it plays best when some weight is added at 3 and 9 o'clock (feels far more solid and stable). Unfortunately that alters the balance I prefer.

kevin
05-30-2005, 02:48 AM
i think the ProKennex Ki 5 PSE is a solid racquet.

wonder why :)

am i the only person on the boards who actually likes this frame?

Due to the weight, ProKennex Ki 5 PSE is rock solid for me in the first set.

montx
05-30-2005, 04:17 PM
My nickname should be volkl tour 10 mp gen II

netman
05-31-2005, 05:46 PM
Dunlop MaxPly McEnroe.