PDA

View Full Version : Used Alpha Revo 4000 Stringing Machine $380

blastforehand
07-27-2010, 09:22 AM
For sale is a used Alpha Revo 4000 Tennis racquet stringing machine in great conditon. I would estimate the machine has been used for less than 100 racquets, and the tension head for about ten. Cosmetically it is in very nice condition. You have have to look closely to find any scratches or defects in the paint. There is a 0.25 inch by 0.125 inch scrape in the silver anodyzing on the string gripper, and another much smaller scratch nearby, but that is about it. Other than the small scrape in the silver anodyzing, it is close to "new" looking.

Mechanically, this stringer is in excellent condition. I have taken apart and adjusted the base clamps so they are working exactly right and are buttery smooth in operation. My personal stringer is also an Alpha Revo 4000 and I am somewhat mechanically inclined so I may know somewhat more than the average Revo owner/seller. The right buyer will be very happy with this tennis racquet stringing machine. It is strongly made and there is not much to go wrong. I bought my first racquet stringer 34 years ago for $300. This Alpha Revo 4000 is ten times better.

This stringer comes with two Eagnas PN-1012 three tooth string clamps, NOT the original Alpha five tooth clamps. These Eagnas clamps have been used for about fifty string jobs and work great. They are easy to use and are easy to adjust. They are the latest model. Alpha is just now coming out with three tooth clamps on their latest machines.

The posts on these Eagnas clamps are very slightly smaller in diameter than Alpha clamps. At first impression this would seem to introduce more "drawback" into the string job, but in practice it doesn't at all or so little as to be negligible. Proper stringing technique for every stringer is to lightly pull back on the string clamp away from the tension head as the string is being clamped, thus eliminating slop in the post/hossel interface (there being no deformation in metal against metal.) In testing I can discern no difference in drawback between Eagnas and Alpha clamps on this machine. I will gladly demonstrate to the prospective buyer. Regardless, good stringing is all about consistency, and for sure a good stringer can get that with this fine quality setup.

This stringing machine does not come with a manual. It should be easy enough to learn everything about the machine and stringing from Youtube and the Talktennis stringer forum. The Alpha Revo 4000 is possibly the most popular quality stringing machine on the market. It will also string racquetball and badminton racquets, and the sale includes two metal Alpha badminton flying string clamps.

Price is $380 cash firm. I have no doubt this machine could be used for many years and then resold for this price or very nearly. It is my observation that quality machines such as this hold their value after initial depreciation from new.

Pickup would be near Marble Falls, Texas, about an hour west of Austin or 70 miles north of San Antonio. Shipping in the continental USA would be $40.

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af57/johnphotojohn/Stringer%20photos%202010/PHOTOSMAY--JULY2010photos110.jpg

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af57/johnphotojohn/Stringer%20photos%202010/PHOTOSMAY--JULY2010photos101.jpg

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af57/johnphotojohn/Stringer%20photos%202010/PHOTOSMAY--JULY2010photos105.jpg

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af57/johnphotojohn/Stringer%20photos%202010/PHOTOSMAY--JULY2010photos107.jpg

Jonny S&V
07-28-2010, 02:37 PM
I believe I would be interested in this, shoot me an email at jonny_sv@live.com. It would have to be shipped (northern MO), which is fine with me, and I have some more questions that can be done via email. Do you have any references anywhere?

blastforehand
07-29-2010, 10:21 AM
For a shipping sale I can take Paypal or a United States Postal Service money order. I have an all five star rating buying and selling over many years on Astromart (used astronomy equipment, about forty transactions, highly recommended). I have a 100% rating buying at least 150 items on the big auction site since 2001. My Paypal account is verified. I play a lot of tournaments and was ranked as high as 15 in men's open in Texas a couple of months ago. Made the quarters of a National Hardcourts 30's last spring. Fully expecting some big wins (for me) soon. I like to think I sometimes temporarily stun my opponents with the quality of my line calls. I have been a member of Talk Tennis for 18 months.

godzen
07-29-2010, 10:36 AM
WTB this today if contacted...need it soon.

seattleguy164@gmail . com

Ptrac
07-29-2010, 04:03 PM
Please email me so you can sell this stringer to me!

pboorkman at gmail . com

blastforehand
07-29-2010, 10:49 PM
Sale of the Alpha Revo 4000 is pending until Monday, August 2, 2010.

jhutch
07-31-2010, 05:45 PM
i am located in san antonio and can come pick it up

jhutch
08-01-2010, 12:03 PM
i am located in san antonio and can come pick it up

Send me an email jkhutchking@gmail.com or call/text 210-788-3062 if it's still available

sda
08-02-2010, 07:25 AM
I'll pay $400 + shipping if you choose me!

blastforehand
08-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Sorry guys, payment has been received and the Alpha Revo 4000 has been sold to the first guy on the list. Ships out tomorrow and arrives at his door in a couple of days. Best of luck.

Jonny S&V
08-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Sorry guys, payment has been received and the Alpha Revo 4000 has been sold to the first guy on the list. Ships out tomorrow and arrives at his door in a couple of days. Best of luck.

Arrived in perfect condition and works perfectly. :-)