PDA

View Full Version : Ballistec 1.3s , any of you stilll use them?

Power Player
07-28-2010, 10:44 AM
I am currently breaking in a pair of Ballistec 1.3s in my office before I decide to keep them. They are the black and highlighter yellow ones that Rafa wore back in the day. The price was right, so I bought them.

I had a pair of 2.3s, but I went too small and they crushed my feet after 2 hours so I had to sell them. These are not as narrow (half size bigger), but they are a little long for me in the toe. It seems like I either have to buy painfully narrow or a little long in my shoes. I have been choosing length lately and lacing tight.

No heel slippage though, so I think I'm good.

Anyway, who still uses the 1.3s?

10ACE
07-28-2010, 11:04 AM
I am- and I have one on ice. However- I just broke out my 2.3's and amazed at their comfort. I like the 1.3 but man 2.3's the breath ability and softness out of the box is great.

Can't go wrong with either- I started using the 1.3's end of january- great winter shoe- they can get toasty though

kimguroo
07-28-2010, 11:08 AM
I still have two pairs. It's very durable shoes for me since I drag my right feet and it has thick rubber in toe area.
Also prices were very attractive. I got one pair for $30 with Nike coupon and last week, I got it for $25 from local store clearance sale. (exact same shoes you have). They had it for $50 and I always thought someone will buy this shoes but no one buy the shoes for 6 months then the store lowered price to $25. can't pass the deal. I need new shoes every 3 months ^_^

hcb0804
07-28-2010, 11:33 AM
I am currently breaking in a pair of Ballistec 1.3s in my office before I decide to keep them. They are the black and highlighter yellow ones that Rafa wore back in the day. The price was right, so I bought them.

I had a pair of 2.3s, but I went too small and they crushed my feet after 2 hours so I had to sell them. These are not as narrow (half size bigger), but they are a little long for me in the toe. It seems like I either have to buy painfully narrow or a little long in my shoes. I have been choosing length lately and lacing tight.

No heel slippage though, so I think I'm good.

Anyway, who still uses the 1.3s?

I have the ones like yours, and FO 2009 grey/pink, & the white clay sole model and wear them all still. I see you are in Orlando, did you get yours at a Nike Outlet there? I am coming thru Orlando in about a week and want to get some more if they still have them

Power Player
07-28-2010, 12:01 PM
I actually got them at a local tennis store. The Nike outlet gets hit pretty hard and many times just has odd sizes. Definitley worth a shot though.

Good to hear people are still liking these. I needed a durable, yet light shoe.

Chezbeeno
07-28-2010, 12:27 PM
I have a pair of 1.3's (silver/white/navy) that I'm alternating with some Propulse 2's, the only reason I don't have different shoes (as the 1.3's aren't exactly my favorites) is because I have no money and I haven't seen any new shoes that are to my liking Nike-wise (no other brands besides Nike and Babolat, specifically the PP2 fit my foot particularly well), I think I'm going to wait until the 3.3's come out, they look sick!

Necroblood
07-28-2010, 12:39 PM
speaking of the 1.3's did any of you guys use the warranty yet? I'm wearing out the sole quite a bit, and I was wondering how you get the warranty from nike to send you another pair?

ProgressoR
07-28-2010, 12:46 PM
i have the 1.2 and like them so much am getting a couple more pairs

XFactorer
07-28-2010, 01:16 PM
2.3s are way better

mozzer
07-28-2010, 01:30 PM
I picked some up cus im on a student budget. Absolutely terrible ventilation and shocking durability, wish i spent 10 more and got some Barricade 5's.

Power Player
07-28-2010, 01:45 PM
^^^^

To each his own. I hate the barricades. Heavy, and the sides ripped from getting wet. (FL heat makes you sweat too much). Nikes don't give me those problems.

mozzer
07-28-2010, 01:50 PM
In my opinion, unless you have had the legs of chickens attatched to your body instead of your actual legs, shoe weight makes like no difference

Power Player
07-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Your opinion is wrong. I noticed a difference in mobility immediately, as have others. And I can squat over 300 pounds.

cmf
07-28-2010, 04:44 PM
I live in Florida as well and my barricade v's sides have not ripped. The 1.3s have absolutely terrible ventilation and I personally find the barricade's to be more comfortable. The 1.3 are solid shoes but I would not buy another pair whereas if I saw the barricade v's on sale I'd definitely buy more. I do however like the integrated tongue of the 1.3s. And I don't notice the difference of weight of shoes either... unless it's like 9 ounce running shoes vs 17 ounce barricades.

As you said though, to each his own.

Power Player
07-28-2010, 06:49 PM
I hit in the shoes today and noticed a difference. They are going to be fine. The soles are harder then the Breathe Cages I had before. The Barricades felt clunky and heavier to me. 2 guys I hit with buy them still and complain about it also. They buy thembecause they can get the older versions for cheap. The new ones could very well be lighter.

I just find Nikes to be easier to move in. I used Barricades for 8 months or so before making the switch. The only comlpaint I have is the harder sole..no biggie, it will last longer, but the BReathe Cages have a different feel that I was used to.

tennis005
07-28-2010, 08:04 PM
I still use two pairs! Man, these things just don't want to die.

Power Player
07-29-2010, 10:30 AM
^^^

That's nice to hear. They seem like good shoes. I have judged the Barricades off the older models (the IIs), it seems like Adidas has made them lighter since then, so apparently they read the complaints.

I justy eat up shoes so fast that I try and spend under 90 a pair. If some older model Barricade 5s are in that range next time around, I will check them out.

tarkowski
07-29-2010, 11:26 AM
I've got some yellow-white-black ones in use that are just about done, and two unopened pair: another yellow-white-black, and the Johnny Mac white-obsidian. These have been fantastic shoes for me - very durable and comfortable. They do run a little hot so I like them in fall/winter over summer.

I have a couple pairs of the 2.3 as well. This is a bit better for me - lighter, cooler, and fits my foot a little better. I have the blue-white-black and the white-orange. I've had quite a few different makes and models of shoes and these have been best for me so far...

Ptrac
07-29-2010, 12:47 PM
I hated the 1.3. Way to clunky feeling and breath-ability was horrible. Durability was its only strong point...its a tank. 2.3 are more comfortable, better breath-ability, feels WAY lighter, more maneuverable, looks better

J011yroger
07-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Still my primary hard court shoe. Nothing lasts longer for me.

Barricades don't fit me too well, so I only wear them once in a blue moon, usually for social dubs.

J

Power Player
07-29-2010, 03:10 PM
I looked up the weights, which TW lists, so they are important to more folks then me. I noticed that the 1.3s are pretty heavy. They don't feel as clunky as the BIIs though, which are actually lighter.

The 1.3s are pretty easy to move in, but not as easy as my (less durable) breathe cages. The breathe cages are too narrow for my foot and simply not an option moving forward. The 1.3s did not feel narrow, which is real nice.

That being said, I am going to step up my game a little and buy an extra set of shoes in a month or so and do some experimentation. I want to find shoes that feel molded to my feet, and Nike's and Adidas don't do that. They may not even exist, but it is worth doing some searching.

I am seriously looking at the Asic Gel Resolution 2s. They sound like they could be really good shoes. In the end, we can debate weight, durability..etc, but we all have different shaped feet. Finding the shoe that fits you the best is more important then the perfect racquet IMO.

mozzer
08-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Ok, so i have had my CB 1.3 for 3.5 weeks and have 2 big holes in the right toe, the guy from the bay better let me send them back.

dantesinferno18
08-03-2010, 03:35 PM
I just bought a pair today the green and black ones!!!

thejackal
08-03-2010, 03:42 PM
have 4 pairs of the wimbledon colorway w the strawberries on the inside

probably the most durable outsole I have ever used. been wearing them hard since may and the thread is only beginning to wear off in the balls of the feet. on the other hand I have to baby my two pair of Vapor 6s, both are more worn even though use them only for tournament matches and practices leading up to them. the 1.3s do feel more clunky though, and run a bit bigger than the vapor VI in identical size.

Chanto
08-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Ok, so i have had my CB 1.3 for 3.5 weeks and have 2 big holes in the right toe, the guy from the bay better let me send them back.

That's kind of your fault, if he sold them as is.

10ACE
08-03-2010, 06:15 PM
I looked up the weights, which TW lists, so they are important to more folks then me. I noticed that the 1.3s are pretty heavy. They don't feel as clunky as the BIIs though, which are actually lighter.

The 1.3s are pretty easy to move in, but not as easy as my (less durable) breathe cages. The breathe cages are too narrow for my foot and simply not an option moving forward. The 1.3s did not feel narrow, which is real nice.

That being said, I am going to step up my game a little and buy an extra set of shoes in a month or so and do some experimentation. I want to find shoes that feel molded to my feet, and Nike's and Adidas don't do that. They may not even exist, but it is worth doing some searching.

I am seriously looking at the Asic Gel Resolution 2s. They sound like they could be really good shoes. In the end, we can debate weight, durability..etc, but we all have different shaped feet. Finding the shoe that fits you the best is more important then the perfect racquet IMO.

The CB 2.3 actually feel like they mold to your feet- u have to try them. I have always wondered about the asics resolution, because I run in asics- and have not looked back when I put on the nimbus 2 years ago.

dantesinferno18
08-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Help!!! I just realized I ordered my normal size instead of 1/2 a size small will they be to bigPLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

kimguroo
08-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Help!!! I just realized I ordered my normal size instead of 1/2 a size small will they be to bigPLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

no one can really answer your question because of your shape of foot.
some people disagree that it should 1/2 size smaller but in my case, 1/2 smaller size fits well for CB 1.3.

dantesinferno18
08-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Ok thanks I just hope I won't be akward in them they come they day before a tonament. I some how blew a hole in the bottom of my barricades(which happened to still be in very good shape) and so I needed a pair before the tourny!

mozzer
08-04-2010, 03:15 AM
That's kind of your fault, if he sold them as is.
Yep, definately my fault as they were brand new.

http://i36.tinypic.com/2rohkz9.jpg

Power Player
08-04-2010, 08:09 AM
The CB 2.3 actually feel like they mold to your feet- u have to try them. I have always wondered about the asics resolution, because I run in asics- and have not looked back when I put on the nimbus 2 years ago.

Nah, I did and had to sell them. Nikes just do not seem to fit me as well as I would prefer. These 1.3s are a little too long, but they will do for now. You have to find a brand that makes the right shoe shape for you. Everyone is different. It definitley takes a little time and experimentation.

Chanto
08-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Yep, definately my fault as they were brand new.

http://i36.tinypic.com/2rohkz9.jpg

Then it's truly your fault if you got them brand new.... Good luck trying to return them, I guess.

mozzer
08-05-2010, 03:45 AM
Its my fault that some new shoes have holes in them within 4 weeks? :s

ilikephobo
08-05-2010, 07:48 AM
Im still wearing my 1.3s and its been 5 months D: longest ive ever had tennis shoes for. Most durable shoe hands down, very comfortable, traction for me was kind of bad.. turned hardcourts into clay courts. Also blistered my toes and gave me a black toe.. did't actually hurt. and i didnt find out until when i got home.

J011yroger
08-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Its my fault that some new shoes have holes in them within 4 weeks? :s

Yea, stop dragging your damn toe on your serve.

J

ayuname
08-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Eh, I liked the 1.3's more than the 2.3's. Alot more durable but the 2.3's breathe so much more than the 1.3's so now it's 2.3's for me.

Power Player
08-19-2010, 03:30 PM
So far these things are the most durable shoes I have owned. Not the best fit for me, but that is an experiment I guess. I have been playing a lot of tennis and they barely register any wear at all.

Pink_Shirt
08-19-2010, 05:37 PM
I still wear my French Open 2009 ones.

netguy
11-15-2010, 08:09 PM
I'm still wearing my Ballistec 1.3. They are too clunky (17.7 Oz.) and the toe box is too narrow.
Barricades don't fit well either. Arch support is too high and they are still on the heavy side.(16.7 0z.)

Wilson Tour Vision fit as a glove and they are light (14.9 0z.)
I will also consider the asics resolution 2 (14.8 0z.)

freshtennis
11-15-2010, 08:11 PM
ive got the neon green and black ones from australian open line and the pink and navy ones from french open line

shaysrebelII
11-15-2010, 09:03 PM
I got a pair for xmas last year thinking I'd wear them constantly and cash in on the 6 month warranty. Boy was I wrong. Those suckers just refuse to die.

Pinkskunk
11-16-2010, 01:55 AM
I've got some yellow-white-black ones in use that are just about done, and two unopened pair: another yellow-white-black.........

hi do you wear size 10? if so do you want to get rid of a pair so i can try to see for myself?

long_doble At yahoo DOT com

thanks

flashfire276
11-16-2010, 07:22 AM
Yep! Still have those black/pink ones.

PureAlph4
11-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Yeah, still rocking my last pairs of the obsidian/pink (just holed the final ones :cry:) and the white/yellow/black 1.3s. These were truly my GTSOATs, but I have heard good things about 2.3.

Am usually unboxing the 'new' models 6/12 months late, as I only stock up when they are 25-40 on sale during the time I am wearing the previous model. No warranties in the UK, so gotta make sure your shoes are huge chunks of rubber like the 1.3s.

Opened my first pair of AO 10 2.3s this evening :grin:

Ambivalent
11-17-2010, 07:26 PM
To be honest, I like barricades more than courtballistecs, because they just fit me better and have a better balance of durability/mobility. The upside of courtballistecs is that they can be worn as casual shoes after they serve their term.