PDA

View Full Version : Addidas Barricade 5 vs 6

red7flag
07-29-2010, 11:40 AM
I am a big fan of the Barricade 5. I was wondering if anyone could be kind enough to compare the 5 to the 6. What is the difference? Is that difference worth the additional price? Thank you in advance.
Tony

dr325i
07-29-2010, 12:05 PM
I am a big fan of the Barricade 5. I was wondering if anyone could be kind enough to compare the 5 to the 6. What is the difference? Is that difference worth the additional price? Thank you in advance.
Tony

I think we have seen a few of threads describing what you need...

From my perspective, the B6 is better in every category.
1) LOOKS are subjective, but the B6 grew on me and I like them a lot (the blue and the white ones specifically)
2) The B6 fits tighter up front, almost to the extend that you would need a 1/2 size larger. However, I noticed that after approximately 5-6 hours of play, they form to the shape of your foot and fit perfectly (same size as the B5s).
3) They are definitely lighter and softer -- the sole and the top is softer.
4) The arch support is a little bit higher, may be an issue initially...
5) Stability and support is about the same on the B5 and B6.

The price difference is small, therefore, I would definitely suggest the B6 over the B5...

WhiteStripes
07-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Granted I only tried them in the store and did not try to break them in (decided not to buy them), the B-VI definitely fits tighter than the V and the arch is way too high for me. Those two things were the deal breaker. Shame, since I like the looks of the shoes.

LPShanet
08-04-2010, 11:42 PM
I think we have seen a few of threads describing what you need...

From my perspective, the B6 is better in every category.
1) LOOKS are subjective, but the B6 grew on me and I like them a lot (the blue and the white ones specifically)
2) The B6 fits tighter up front, almost to the extend that you would need a 1/2 size larger. However, I noticed that after approximately 5-6 hours of play, they form to the shape of your foot and fit perfectly (same size as the B5s).
3) They are definitely lighter and softer -- the sole and the top is softer.
4) The arch support is a little bit higher, may be an issue initially...
5) Stability and support is about the same on the B5 and B6.

The price difference is small, therefore, I would definitely suggest the B6 over the B5...

I totally agree with this assessment. In the end, though, I think your foot shape is the biggest factor in deciding, as the fit (arch height and width issue) is more important than features in deciding whether you'll like the shoe or not. If your feet are wide and flat, stick with the Vs. Otherwise, definitely go for the 6.0s, which I find to be the best Barricades since the IIs. The 6.0s definitely have a more contoured feel and shape as well as lighter weight, too, and break in much faster.

Panic492
08-05-2010, 09:14 PM
The stability and traction is very similiar. The biggest difference is the width and ventilation. For me, even after a few months the VI's just never stretched out-they still blister my feet. They are the hottest shoe I have ever worn. They do not even compare to the V's IMO.

Gasolina
08-06-2010, 07:08 AM
I like the 6's because the forefoot is soft, and really helps when braking to a sudden stop, or changing directions.

But the heel is sturdy and solid. Same with the 5's

For the looks, the B6 blows the BV out of the water for me. When I first saw the BV I didn't like it because it looked like a boat, but it grew on me because of how stable it was.

cxw0106
08-06-2010, 12:31 PM
I have worn B6 for about a week. Here are my 2 cents.

My feet is pretty wide. Though B6 is a little narrower than B5, it didn't cause any pain or problem because the front toe box is very soft, softer than B5 and B2.

The outsole thread is deeper, so I guess it's more durable than B5. The outsole definitely feels a little different than B5 and B2, because there is a chunk of rubber piece on the side which is seperate from the main piece. If you look at the photos on TW, you'll notice this. The outsole feels uneven at the beginning. But if you always stands on the balls of your feet, I guess it's not a problem.

Anyway, so far so good. I'll wear it solely for 6 months to see if I can wear a hole and get a warranty pair.

Doubles
08-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Honestly, I loved both of these shoes, but I think the 6.0's were a bit nicer, because I felt they provided a bit more ankle stability...