PDA

View Full Version : Do I really need an I-Touch?

LanEvo
07-30-2010, 10:04 AM
Hey guys,

I wanna get an I-Touch, probably a 32Gb, bc of the faster processor, but do I really need it? I have a laptop for movies and internet and I have a MP3 player for music. So I guess the only reason in having one is portability and just having the words that you own an I-Touch. Is there really any reason in me owning one? I am not a Apple fanboy, and this will be the first Apple product I have ever owned. Any advice is greatly heeded.

Thx,
Ryan

sphinx780
07-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Do you need it? No. You will still live a perfectly normal life without one.

Then the question becomes how much you want it and if that want is worth the cost.

Could you wait a year and get something faster and cheaper? Yes.

With any tech, list out the features you like/want with the product. Then do your research and see what other products do the same thing...go with the one you like the best based on cost/design/warm fuzzy feelings you get from your techno lust.

Apple touts technology like they are the ones who came up with it or had it first...odds are they didn't on both accounts but that doesn't mean that their design and interface isn't the right choice for you personally either.

Everyone's different, just make sure you know what the options really are, then choose which one is right for you.

JRstriker12
07-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Hey guys,

I wanna get an I-Touch, probably a 32Gb, bc of the faster processor, but do I really need it? I have a laptop for movies and internet and I have a MP3 player for music. So I guess the only reason in having one is portability and just having the words that you own an I-Touch. Is there really any reason in me owning one? I am not a Apple fanboy, and this will be the first Apple product I have ever owned. Any advice is greatly heeded.

Thx,
Ryan

No you do not need an IPod - Touch.

You would proabably be better off with an iPhone, which has most of the same multimedia capabilites + the features of a phone + and 3G connectivity. The touch only has WiFi.

IIRC the IPod touch = dumbed down iphone

ProgressoR
07-30-2010, 11:18 AM
i love my ipod touch and I am NOT a gadget freak. It has all my fave music and i can download great games cheap (like 5 bucks or so) and it entertains me when i travel which is a lot. Also my kids love it for the music and simple games. I dont use it for videos or podcasts or anything complicated. One of my best investments.

rovex
07-30-2010, 11:20 AM
Just get an Iphone.

ProgressoR
07-30-2010, 11:25 AM
i didnt want a phone, just a game and music player. if you want a phone too then yeh iphone is more logical

Rockitdog
07-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Ipodm Touch is awesome, I use it basically all day long weather killing time playing games- surfing the web or listening to music. Its probably my single favorite thing I have!

Snipergene
07-30-2010, 12:08 PM
I have an iTouch. It's replaced my iPod because I can also watch movies/videos on it. I also have a netbook but that's more for computer stuff. But right now, I carry my cell phone, iTouch, and Blackberry for work. Three items every where I go. As soon as Verizon gets the iPhone, I will be getting that and carrying only one item.

Do you need one, no. Is it nice to have, yes. I still prefer to have an iPhone and will when I can.

Ripper014
07-30-2010, 12:14 PM
I didn't want a phone... so the iTouch was a good solution for me... the thing I dislike most about it is the lack of access to the battery.

But to answer you question... most of the things you have you do not need... it is about what you want. The iTouch does fill a lot of holes for me... and I like the battery life of the unit.

Mansewerz
07-30-2010, 01:07 PM
I love mine because of the wifi. Use it all the time around my house, and if you're going to college, there will be Wifi everywhere.

LanEvo
07-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Well, I don't mind an IPhone, but you see, I cannot afford that $150 a month bill, especially when my current verizon family plan costs that much for 5 phones. And I have a laptop, but I am just debating on whether I reallt want/need it or not, but I dont wanna spend it just for a piece of tech I am only going to use for a little bit.

Mansewerz
07-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Well, I don't mind an IPhone, but you see, I cannot afford that $150 a month bill, especially when my current verizon family plan costs that much for 5 phones. And I have a laptop, but I am just debating on whether I reallt want/need it or not, but I dont wanna spend it just for a piece of tech I am only going to use for a little bit.

I always use my iTouch, but I don't have a laptop, not yet.

fed_the_savior
07-30-2010, 04:09 PM

I use mine way more than I ever thought I would. And it's not just a dumbed down iPhone. So I'd have to recommend it. I have the 32gb version. The faster processor is definitely worth it and noticeable.

djokovicgonzalez2010
07-30-2010, 04:13 PM
you need one.

zapvor
07-30-2010, 04:39 PM
noone needs one. american consumerism is just insane.

LanEvo
07-30-2010, 05:00 PM
I am Asian (hence my sig.), and not born in the USA.

LanEvo
07-30-2010, 11:02 PM
Actually, I am thinking of an 8GB, bc money's tight. Will about 150-200 songs, 3-4 movies, and apps be appropriate for this?

Bartelby
07-30-2010, 11:15 PM
iPod touch

Recent Releases

9/2009
9/2008
2/2008
Product iPod touch
Recommendation: Don't Buy - Updates soon
Last Release September 09, 2009
Days Since Update 324 (Avg = 245)

Hey guys,

Thx,
Ryan