PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Cindysphinx
08-01-2010, 10:20 AM
I'm sorry, but I'm a sucker for a beautiful wedding photo:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/08/01/us/01chelsea6_span/01chelsea6_span-articleLarge.jpg

I want to see more of that dress. Awesome!!

bezs
08-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Bad shot her eyes look really evil in that pic.

NickC
08-01-2010, 11:09 AM
She looks as evil as her mother in that picture.

CCNM
08-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Lovely dress (I wonder how much weight she had to lose to fit into it). Also think she should have worn her hair down. Anyway, I wish them a long, happy life together.:)

GetBetterer
08-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Largest mouth evar?

sureshs
08-01-2010, 12:55 PM
She is not good looking

Feņa14
08-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Can anyone explain why this wedding is such a big thing?

Whenever i've googled "Chelsea" over the last few weeks to see the latest football news, it's full of news about this wedding rather than transfer speculation.

Fair enough and all that, I just don't really get the big deal is with a daughter of an ex-president getting married :confused:

LameTennisPlayer
08-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Largest mouth evar?

and thats a bad thing :).... but true who wants to marry her of all people

LuckyR
08-01-2010, 01:30 PM
CC is OK looking, let's not be mean to a bride. Her superexpensive wedding is to be anticipated all things considered, in fact having about 400 guests really suprised me with how small of a wedding it was.

What I would like to hear is how many of the guests were on his side and is the groom likely to follow in the footsteps of his famous father.

decades
08-01-2010, 01:45 PM
this guy made a fantastic career move.

OrangeOne
08-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Lovely dress (I wonder how much weight she had to lose to fit into it). Also think she should have worn her hair down.

I'd have liked to have received the dollars for personal training her for the last 6 months. Even so, it looks like she's almost girdled into it...

Anyway, I wish them a long, happy life together.:)

I wish them a good first marriage. 5-10 years should be great.

CC is OK looking, let's not be mean to a bride. Her superexpensive wedding is to be anticipated all things considered, in fact having about 400 guests really suprised me with how small of a wedding it was.

What I would like to hear is how many of the guests were on his side and is the groom likely to follow in the footsteps of his famous father.

That would be an interesting statistic. As for small - surely it's hard to have more than 400 people without it feeling more like someone-else's-ball than a wedding? Good on them for keeping it even moderately within perspective (I mean, the average joe-schmoe European wedding here in Aus would probably be 200-400, so for 'them', 400 is indeed relatively small).

GetBetterer
08-01-2010, 02:20 PM
It's a "giant" thing because the wedding's invitations were limited, and those who were close to the Clinton's felt left out.

NickC
08-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Can anyone explain why this wedding is such a big thing?

Whenever i've googled "Chelsea" over the last few weeks to see the latest football news, it's full of news about this wedding rather than transfer speculation.

Fair enough and all that, I just don't really get the big deal is with a daughter of an ex-president getting married :confused:

The bride's mother is the current U.S president's mindless lapdog. Both of her parents were/are important.

Other than that, I have no idea.

OrangeOne
08-01-2010, 02:30 PM
The bride's mother is the current U.S president's mindless lapdog. Both of her parents were/are important.

^^Well, the bride's mother was also in the running to have the top job too, and unless I'm wrong came quite close, certainly closer than any other person of her gender.

Add to that - from what I know - the US seems a bit attached to CC as she was 'growing up' while daddy was in office. Happy for someone actually from the US to confirm or deny my assumption here...

Fedace
08-01-2010, 02:32 PM

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/08/01/us/01chelsea6_span/01chelsea6_span-articleLarge.jpg

she's sucked out all his blood already....he looks powerless...

Feņa14
08-01-2010, 03:07 PM

^^Well, the bride's mother was also in the running to have the top job too, and unless I'm wrong came quite close, certainly closer than any other person of her gender.

Add to that - from what I know - the US seems a bit attached to CC as she was 'growing up' while daddy was in office. Happy for someone actually from the US to confirm or deny my assumption here...

Fair enough! Can't imagine the wedding of, say, the son of John Major getting all this coverage over here, but whatever appeals I suppose :)

Cindysphinx
08-01-2010, 03:30 PM
All right. No need to get political.

Let me explain this wedding dress thing. The bride should be at her absolute lowest weight for the big day. No one wants a huge wedding dress swinging from a hangar in the closet. My wedding dress weight was a number I've only touched a couple of times since.

I think she looks about as beautiful as she is capable of looking in that picture. There was a beautiful pic of her being walked down the aisle with daddy.

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/9130/slide_9130_121282_large.jpg?1280705663132

As for having 400 people . . . I don't even *know* 400 people.

Cindysphinx
08-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Oh, dear. Mother of the bride wore something much too bright:

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/9130/slide_9130_121278_large.jpg?1280705734733
I think a nice steel blue would have been a better choice.

Falloutjr
08-01-2010, 03:36 PM

If you're a sucker for beautiful wedding photos, why are you obsessing over this one?

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o306/ROBERTAR1/mv_littlenicky.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9633/littlenicky.jpg

Cindysphinx
08-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Where are Topaz, Inga, Tina and Annika when I need them?

I'm not so sure about the skirt bodice. Hmmm . . . .

http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/articles/34862-all-the-details-on-chelsea-clintons-wedding-dress/1280682148_clinton-wedding-dress_290.jpg[/B]

Fedace
08-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Oh, dear. Mother of the bride wore something much too bright:

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/9130/slide_9130_121278_large.jpg?1280705734733
I think a nice steel blue would have been a better choice.

any Wedding Crashers at this wedding.....:)

OrangeOne
08-01-2010, 03:47 PM
If you're a sucker for beautiful wedding photos, why are you obsessing over this one?

True, there are better weddings!

Mawwiage. Twue Wove, and Mawwiage :D

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQXqB9-CXYABAI_2RtSa8-7dXke5Je6_stmhHNeTMH0K7-w0g&t=1&usg=__4AY3Lx-0w1v2wzJFCMFif9FQhVU=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbqv3MwwVd8

OrangeOne
08-01-2010, 03:53 PM

Let me explain this wedding dress thing. The bride should be at her absolute lowest weight for the big day. [/img]

I hope your tongue is almost somewhat in your cheek!

You do know there are links between this obsession and eating disorders, right? The study below even found some women took up smoking for their wedding!

http://www.newsweek.com/2008/02/25/the-incredible-shrinking-bride.html

When (if :)) I marry, I'll do whatever it takes to convince my wife-to-be that she should look 'normal'. A flipside to looking back is why should wedding photos be a reminder of how you used to look? ;)

Well, you only need to know 200 :). As for the euro-weddings I was referring to - extended family goes a loong way!

Dedans Penthouse
08-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Can anyone explain why this wedding is such a big thing? :confused:
Good question Fena 14......let's go discuss this over a beer....."bartender?..two pints of your best lager, please?"

Why? Because it's Clinton Fena14....because it's the American "next generation" media's 2nd go-round running that JFK-inspired "Camelot" bullshiate to an easily 'wowed!' People Magazine-reading American public. This from the same boot-lickiing, obsequious American media who assisted in incubating Hillary's "no questions allowed!" carpetbagging foray from Little Rock, AK into an Empire State senate seat. Fact.

any Wedding Crashers at this wedding..... ;-) Yes. Some cigar-welding woman claiming to be a friend of the groom by the name of Chanukah Lewinsky.

'Gum up' a Monte Cristo, Father-of-the-Bride! ;-)

That said, I do wish the couple the very best. My instincts tell me that their daughter is a solid babe and will more than succeed her 'rent's Vince Foster/Paula Jones legacy....the media's compliance in covering up notwithstand.

Fedace
08-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Thank you......let me buy you a beer.
Why? Because it's Clinton Fena14....because it's the American "next generation" media's 2nd go-round running that JFK-inspired "Camelot" bullshiate to an easily 'wowed!' People Magazine-reading American public. This from the same boot-lickiing, obsequious American media who assisted in incubating Hillary's "no questions allowed!" carpetbagging foray from Little Rock, AK into an Empire State senate seat. Fact.

Yes. Some cigar-welding woman claiming to be a friend of the groom by the name of Chanukah Lewinsky.

'Gum up' a Monte Cristo Father-of-the-Bride! ;-)

That said, I do wish the couple the very best. My instincts tell me that their daughter is a solid babe and will more than succeed her 'rent's Vince Foster/Paula Jones legacy....the media's compliance in covering up notwithstand.

Chanuka Lewinski ??? why does that ring a bell ??:confused::???:

Tina
08-01-2010, 04:31 PM

Yes, I love the dress too. It's simple and classy. Speaking of wedding dress, I am still searching for my Mr. Smith, Cindy. How would I know if a guy is right for marriage? Nowadays, guys are so playful and unsteady. I am reserved type of person and it's so difficult for me show off my feelings to guys. Is there anyway to overcome my shyness toward guys?

Thank you,

Tina

Fedace
08-01-2010, 04:33 PM
what does this guy do ?? cause he isn't exactly a looker,,that is for sure. Political powerhouse,,,,is that the attraction ?

Dedans Penthouse
08-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Is there any way to overcome my shyness towards guys?
^^^^
Yeah, kill "the dress"

(j/k)

Bartelby
08-01-2010, 04:36 PM
He was a merchant banker for Goldman Sachs and he's now with another bank, so he's basically a bookmaker with a government guarantee. And now he's married into the Clinton tribe power as well as money awaits him, so it was 'the good wife' for him.

what does this guy do ?? cause he isn't exactly a looker,,that is for sure. Political powerhouse,,,,is that the attraction ?

OrangeOne
08-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Yes, I love the dress too. It's simple and classy.
Speaking of wedding dress, I am still searching for my Mr. Smith, Cindy. How would I know if a guy is right for marriage? Nowadays, guys are so playful and unsteady. I am reserved type of person and it's so difficult for me show off my feelings to guys. Is there anyway to overcome my shyness toward guys?

Thank you,

Tina

The blue bit is on-topic (or is it really just a http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRLwEKzHNjsGMkB7s1etnf-sxlvlHoLo1bX5E4JXNm7-jLWYg&t=1&usg=__1s4_isOYK1t3Gzk02gp9zZMmA2U=????).

The red bit suprises me. I've never, ever seen Tina post about her relationship success/otherwise in an otherwise fairly unrelated thread!

r2473
08-01-2010, 05:21 PM

I don't know much about this guy. Who is his father?

Topaz
08-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Where are Topaz, Inga, Tina and Annika when I need them?

I've been busy doing other things this weekend...like dissecting a fetal pig.

1 - the dress is gorgeous. So is Chelsea, and I'm not sure why people are digging on her weight. Last time was chubby was when she was about 12? She was a pretty active ballet dancer, I remember.

2 - not too interested in weddings that are grossly spent upon, even when it is the daughter of a former president (I heard just the tent cost something like $600,000?). You can't expect people who are scraping by and happy they can still afford tennis to look at those pictures and have any desire to fawn or gush. Sorry. Maybe I'm just cranky from my weekend. Still a very pretty dress and beautiful bride, IMO.

Cindysphinx
08-01-2010, 06:57 PM
[/img]

I hope your tongue is almost somewhat in your cheek!

No. Not even a little bit.

You do know there are links between this obsession and eating disorders, right? The study below even found some women took up smoking for their wedding!

There are also links between being fat on your wedding day and with not wanting to ever look at your wedding pictures.

Seriously, few women are willing to strap on a 20-pound white dress while everyone they know stares at them unless they are as trim and fit as they can possibly be. Some women lose any excess pounds the right way; some lose it the wrong way.

When (if :)) I marry, I'll do whatever it takes to convince my wife-to-be that she should look 'normal'. A flipside to looking back is why should wedding photos be a reminder of how you used to look? ;)

AHAHAHAHAHA!!

Yeah, my husband said that. He wanted me to look "natural" and "normal."

No flippin' way. He wisely dropped the subject. You're spending $$$ on this dress and you're gonna show up with the rest of yourself looking "normal"?

Hey, I'm far from a bride-zilla. I had a fairly normal but nice wedding that my husband and I financed. Still, I love to look at wedding dresses the same way I like to look at red carpet dresses at Oscar time. It's just fun.

Tina:

When you meet the right guy, you'll know. Until then, stay single. There are a few things that can make you more miserable than a bad marriage, but not many.

Topaz
08-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Seriously, few women are willing to strap on a 20-pound white dress

20 pounds!!! Yikes! Lol, not what I have in mind at all if/when it happens.

I had a fairly normal but nice wedding that my husband and I financed.

Did you really finance the dress? Personally, I'd rather finance a house, or a honeymoon.

My parents eloped. So that might also explain my rather non-typical opinions here! :)

There are a few things that can make you more miserable than a bad marriage, but not many.

Such wise words here Cindy!

Cindysphinx
08-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Bad choice of words.

We paid for the wedding. With the money we saved from working at our jobs.

We didn't take out loans or use credit cards or suchlike.

Topaz
08-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Bad choice of words.

We paid for the wedding. With the money we saved from working at our jobs.

We didn't take out loans or use credit cards or suchlike.

I wondered if that is what you meant.

I used to watch that show on TLC (can't think of the name right now, but it is about the bridal store in NYC?)...and I can't watch it anymore. The superficial, obnoxious, and selfish women they have on that show make me utterly ill. Last time I watched it there was some idiot woman complaining because her husband (a fireman in NYC - not exactly rolling in money) wouldn't let her buy a THIRD wedding dress. P*sses me off that these people actually get to be married!!!!

Cindysphinx
08-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Oh, and Topaz?

My 20th wedding anniversary is coming up. I told my daughters that we would have a dress party in honor of the occasion.

This means we will pull out my old dress, veil, shoes, jewelry and slip and try it on, all three of us. They will get a hoot out of this because my dress is hopelessly out of style. "Mom, what on earth made you get a dress with *sleeves?*" they have asked me repeatedly over the years.

Cindy -- whose sister took her beautiful dress to the curb and let the trash men haul it away shortly after her divorce

Tina
08-01-2010, 07:06 PM
I will rent a wedding dress and save the money for house down payment. I am able to buy a condo now ^_^.

Cindysphinx
08-01-2010, 07:07 PM
I wondered if that is what you meant.

I used to watch that show on TLC (can't think of the name right now, but it is about the bridal store in NYC?)...and I can't watch it anymore. The superficial, obnoxious, and selfish women they have on that show make me utterly ill. Last time I watched it there was some idiot woman complaining because her husband (a fireman in NYC - not exactly rolling in money) wouldn't let her buy a THIRD wedding dress. P*sses me off that these people actually get to be married!!!!

I watch that show all the time: Say Yes To The Dress.

The people on that show are superficial, obnoxious, selfish (and spoiled, spoiled spoiled).

Which is why I like it. Socially responsible people who live within their means are deadly dull. :)

Topaz
08-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Oh, and Topaz?

My 20th wedding anniversary is coming up. I told my daughters that we would have a dress party in honor of the occasion.

This means we will pull out my old dress, veil, shoes, jewelry and slip and try it on, all three of us. They will get a hoot out of this because my dress is hopelessly out of style. "Mom, what on earth made you get a dress with *sleeves?*" they have asked me repeatedly over the years.

Cindy -- whose sister took her beautiful dress to the curb and let the trash men haul it away shortly after her divorce

Ha, that sounds like fun! (the dress party, not your sister!) Again, my parents eloped, so there is no dress to pass down. Though, they did have a renewal ceremony after my sister and I were born. Evidently I was in it, but way too young to remember.

I have an fairly strong idea in my head of what I want, again, if/when the time comes. :)

I watch that show all the time: Say Yes To The Dress.

The people on that show are superficial, obnoxious, selfish (and spoiled, spoiled spoiled).

Which is why I like it. Socially responsible people who live within their means are deadly dull. :)

Yes! That is the name, wow, that was driving me nuts.

Yeah, I just can't watch it right now. Or maybe ever again. I get too stinking mad!

zapvor
08-01-2010, 07:11 PM
so uh the dress is not that great. i am not sure what else is going on here :D

Tina
08-01-2010, 07:42 PM
The blue bit is on-topic (or is it really just a http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRLwEKzHNjsGMkB7s1etnf-sxlvlHoLo1bX5E4JXNm7-jLWYg&t=1&usg=__1s4_isOYK1t3Gzk02gp9zZMmA2U=????).

The red bit suprises me. I've never, ever seen Tina post about her relationship success/otherwise in an otherwise fairly unrelated thread!

It seems to me that you have a lot of problems with my posts.

OrangeOne
08-01-2010, 07:48 PM
It seems to me that you have a lot of problems with my posts.

The picture is many segways, which is a pun on the word segue.

And aww, you edited out the word Sir. Such a shame, the formality was indeed creative.

Tina
08-01-2010, 07:55 PM
The picture is many segways, which is a pun on the word segue.

And aww, you edited out the word Sir. Such a shame, the formality was indeed creative.

Thanks for the compliment. May I know why you post such a picture? Thanks.

Tina
08-01-2010, 07:56 PM
^^^^
Yeah, kill "the dress"

(j/k)

You are such a naughty person, Uncle Dedans:)

OrangeOne
08-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the compliment. May I know why you post such a picture? Thanks.

I posted it instead of simply using the word segue.

The reasons for representing a word with a picture can only be described as for the amusement and merriment of all concerned.

Good-day, Madam, fair thee well.

Fedace
08-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Chelsea, Make us proud and become the first woman president of United States. and Unite the entire world under 1 flag. GO Stanford...

Tina
08-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Chelsea, Make us proud and become the first woman president of United States. and Unite the entire world under 1 flag. GO Stanford...

Is that true?

Fedace
08-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Is that true?

this guy is a perfect cash cow. She will use him and her family's influence to become the 1st woman president of the united states. Stanford will be very proud of you....

Tina
08-02-2010, 05:29 PM
this guy is a perfect cash cow. She will use him and her family's influence to become the 1st woman president of the united states. Stanford will be very proud of you....

She caught a right guy. She graduated from Stanford. That's awesome. Dr. Fedace, have you met her in person?

Fedace
08-02-2010, 05:42 PM
She caught a right guy. She graduated from Stanford. That's awesome. Dr. Fedace, have you met her in person?

I was long gone by the time she started at Stanford. I am older than you think.

Tina
08-02-2010, 06:07 PM
I was long gone by the time she started at Stanford. I am older than you think.

That's sad. No Worries, we are at the same age range. Have a great evening!

TnTBigman
08-02-2010, 06:07 PM
They look happy together. I wish them all the best.

Parker512
08-02-2010, 07:09 PM
my mom loved the dress except that ugly thing across the middle of it. How would she become a polatician she has no experiance except her family does. The day they got maried i was traveling 30 min north of there. to see my aunt and uncle.

ollinger
08-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Are we ready for another Stanford grad in the White House?? Haven't fully recovered from Herbert Hoover yet.

r2473
08-02-2010, 07:56 PM
^^What this nation needs is another Whittier man.

TheLoneWolf
08-02-2010, 08:39 PM
This is the most disgusting piece of news I've seen in a while. And this comes from someone who finds "News of the World" to be mildly entertaining.

goober
08-03-2010, 11:22 AM
^^What this nation needs is another Whittier man.

yah it's tough to beat Tricky Dick and another famous Whittier alumn- Andrea Barber from Full House.

LuckyR
08-03-2010, 11:27 AM

Let me explain this wedding dress thing. The bride should be at her absolute lowest weight for the big day. No one wants a huge wedding dress swinging from a hangar in the closet. My wedding dress weight was a number I've only touched a couple of times since.

I think she looks about as beautiful as she is capable of looking in that picture. There was a beautiful pic of her being walked down the aisle with daddy.

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/9130/slide_9130_121282_large.jpg?1280705663132

Yes but that family does...

Fifth Set
08-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Add me to the ranks of folks who don't get why this wedding got so much attention.

Chelsea is pretty lousy at being famous (doesn't seek out the attention the way Paris, Lilo, etc. do) and pretty average in every other regard - not crazy, not gorgeous, not fat and not really successful in her own right yet.

The "grew up on our dime/time" theory makes some sense, but that was really a long time ago and you don't still hear about Jimmy Carter's nutty family.

The only thing I can think of is the media general obsession with Bill Clinton, which Hill only encouraged with her campaign. The press love him (helped him get the office and sugar coated their coverage of him) and they got lots of viewers/readers from his stupidity. But, alas, if the media were hoping for any "sexual relations" for Dad at Chelsea's wedding, it appears that they were disappointed.

GS
08-03-2010, 12:02 PM
An estimated 2 to 5 million dollars for this wedding. As usual (as in politics), no one will say how much things actually cost. I hope we taxpayers didn't pay for much. Maybe just for the bodyguards.....
Hey, just go to Vegas for a quick wedding. Costs around $60. And, at one lovely wedding chapel there, Elvis himself is your minister!!

LuckyR
08-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Add me to the ranks of folks who don't get why this wedding got so much attention.

Chelsea is pretty lousy at being famous (doesn't seek out the attention the way Paris, Lilo, etc. do) and pretty average in every other regard - not crazy, not gorgeous, not fat and not really successful in her own right yet.

The "grew up on our dime/time" theory makes some sense, but that was really a long time ago and you don't still hear about Jimmy Carter's nutty family.

The only thing I can think of is the media general obsession with Bill Clinton, which Hill only encouraged with her campaign. The press love him (helped him get the office and sugar coated their coverage of him) and they got lots of viewers/readers from his stupidity. But, alas, if the media were hoping for any "sexual relations" for Dad at Chelsea's wedding, it appears that they were disappointed.

Seriously? You are truly baffled why our paparazzi culture fed off of this story? Okaaaaaay....

Fifth Set
08-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Seriously? You are truly baffled why our paparazzi culture fed off of this story? Okaaaaaay....

Educate me. I get that, sadly, our culture is obsessed with beautiful people, people who are good at being famous, people who are really self destructive, etc.

Chelsea is none of those things. She is completely boring. Nothing Enquirer-worthy about her at all.

Her dad is at least one of those things, which is the only relevance I see at all.

LuckyR
08-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Educate me. I get that, sadly, our culture is obsessed with beautiful people, people who are good at being famous, people who are really self destructive, etc.

Chelsea is none of those things. She is completely boring. Nothing Enquirer-worthy about her at all.

Her dad is at least one of those things, which is the only relevance I see at all.

OK. As most are aware, weddings (as opposed to marriages) are commonly about the bride's parents. In fact plenty of weddings that are paid for by the bride's parents (who are not the former First Family) are parties for the bride's parent's friends.

Throw in the prominent non-invitees, the prominent invitees and the expensive this and that and it truly does take a huge amount of imagination to realize that Chelsea is immaterial to the newsworthiness of the wedding from the paparazzi point of view.

Fifth Set
08-03-2010, 02:40 PM
OK. As most are aware, weddings (as opposed to marriages) are commonly about the bride's parents. In fact plenty of weddings that are paid for by the bride's parents (who are not the former First Family) are parties for the bride's parent's friends.

Throw in the prominent non-invitees, the prominent invitees and the expensive this and that and it truly does take a huge amount of imagination to realize that Chelsea is immaterial to the newsworthiness of the wedding from the paparazzi point of view.

Fair points. I guess it is only me and a couple other people among millions who are not interested. :)

LuckyR
08-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Fair points. I guess it is only me and a couple other people among millions who are not interested. :)

Count me among the personally uninterested, who roll their eyes, understandingly, about all the hoopla.

Cindysphinx
08-03-2010, 03:05 PM

Um.

Any famous person who spends a bundle on a wedding is going to generate some buzz. Remember the helicopters buzzing the wedding of Madonna and Sean Penn?

Some of you folks wouldn't do well in entertainment programming for a media outlet.

The Clintons are filthy rich now. They blew a bundle on a wedding. So what?

Fifth Set
08-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Some of you folks wouldn't do well in entertainment programming for a media outlet.

And thank God for that.

For decades now our Entertainment Tonight culture has brought us nothing but trouble. Here's a perfect example. What kind of educated voter knows that Palin had a pregnant teenage daughter but has never heard of Barney Frank?

The media is not only biased, it is making America dumber every day. This obsession with Chelsea Nobody's wedding is just one example.

Shame, shame, shame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=mm1KOBMg1Y8

Falloutjr
08-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Of course the media is obsessed with beautiful and self-destructive people. People are naturally attracted to good-looking people and people who are train wrecks; it's entertaining. People watch TV shows and usually associate themselves with a character. They are more willing to envision themselves as a good-looking character unless there are specific traits about a character directed at a target audience. As for the self-destructive people, they make people feel better about themselves, really. Makes you think "Wow...and I thought I was messed up!" Again, the media just gives the people what it wants for ratings. You shouldn't be surprised by that by now.

Tina
08-03-2010, 08:12 PM

I can't wait for my wedding day if there is any in a near future.

Is there a mature and steady guy out there?

Wedding song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Vm-FEIsnA&feature=related

TheLoneWolf
08-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Chelsea reminds me of her evil momma a little too much. I don't think the honeymoon would be fun, but I suppose you could always ducktape a book to her backside and get some reading done while performing the conjugal duty.

Fedace
08-03-2010, 08:38 PM
I can't wait for my wedding day if there is any in a near future.

Is there a mature and steady guy out there?

Wedding song:

OMG,,,,it is so beautiful......i missed that.....even more beautiful in original instruments......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvNQLJ1_HQ0&feature=related

I love the piano and violin version too. My girlfriend and i used to have fun together playing this music. I played the Piano and she played the violin.....Those were the good old days. I still do love this girl in some ways....old memories...:):(

Fedace
08-03-2010, 08:40 PM
How poetic and beautiful.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYBDmVCiUF8&feature=related

Tina
08-03-2010, 09:07 PM
OMG,,,,it is so beautiful......i missed that.....even more beautiful in original instruments......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvNQLJ1_HQ0&feature=related

I love the piano and violin version too. My girlfriend and i used to have fun together playing this music. I played the Piano and she played the violin.....Those were the good old days. I still do love this girl in some ways....old memories...:):(

How poetic and beautiful.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYBDmVCiUF8&feature=related

Thank you for sharing, Dr. Fedace. Honestly, this is my favorite piano piece. I play piano as well but need some more practice at it. How wonderful that is if beautiful memories come along on a starry night? Now, I am looking out of the window on the patio and see a reflection of the moon on the surface of lake. In the meantime, I am listening to the links you provided. I feel so touched by the first link-so sensational.

Unfortunately, Two ex-boyfriends didn't play any musical instrument at all. How long have you been playing piano if you don't mind me asking

Tina

Fedace
08-03-2010, 09:17 PM
^^^I fell in love with many different versions of piano solo for this music. This piece isn't that difficult to learn and it is one of my favorites. and you can play around little bit and have fun with it too,,,once you master it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fyvLwEUnbI&feature=related

Tina
08-03-2010, 09:46 PM
^^^I fell in love with many different versions of piano solo for this music. This piece isn't that difficult to learn and it is one of my favorites. and you can play around little bit and have fun with it too,,,once you master it.

Thank you for the link, Dr. Fedace. Sure, I am looking forward to practicing at it. You are such a nice person. Thank you. -Tina

goober
08-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Thank you for the link, Dr. Fedace. Sure, I am looking forward to practicing at it. You are such a nice person. Thank you. -Tina

Just set up a date you two. Feddie is only about an hour from you. Play some tennis, head off to the golden arches afterwards...

Dedans Penthouse
08-05-2010, 11:01 AM
^^^I fell in love with many different versions of piano solo for this music.

This piece isn't that difficult to learn and it is one of my fav[/u]orites.

and you can play around little bit and have fun with it too,,,once you master it.

Tina, aside from the lovely little D, A, Bm, F#m, G, D, G, A pattern, do you not read the subliminal message(s) in the post above? This guy is one sly fox:

"...this 'piece' isn't that difficult to learn and it is one of my favorites"

Now if that isn't obvious enough, this next quote practically screams seduction:

"..and you can play around a little bit and HAVE FUN WITH 'IT' TOO ....once you master it"

Call me a Bassoon if you like but I'm telling ya Tina ballerina, he's lookin' to tickle your ivories (and ovaries): a desending Chromatic journey south, a few Trills to thrill leading to a nice, drawn-out Fugue. I know the type: they innocently start off at a Largo pace and then, Andante ... and then progressing to Allegro (uh-oh, now you're in trouble) ..... now you're approaching the point of no return Allegro appassion .....you're now "lost-in-the-sauce" delirious and the next thing you know, all's you can cry out is: "SOSTENUTO!!!......SOSTENUTO!!!.....PLEASE 'SOSTENUTO'!!!......FOREVER!!!!"
........Vivacissimo ...... kiss your sanity goodbye--you're a goner at this point. :razz:

Yes, what I was trying to say is, I think he wants to go the Pizzacato route with wild Notation on his Staff (ya wanna talk about "5-lines & four spaces?").

Bottom line: he's gonna try and have your Nocture flowing every which way.

r2473
08-05-2010, 11:42 AM

For the record, this isn't actually a "Canon".

It's a "Chaconne" or "Passacaglia", whichever you prefer.

It's funny that this piece has survived "the toilet of time" and is still remembered. There are numerous examples of this particular form. Many are more remarkable than this piece.

It is funny what pieces survive and which are forgotten forever (and how arbitrary it all can be).

OrangeOne
08-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Call me a Bassoon if you like but I'm telling ya Tina ballerina, he's lookin' to tickle your ivories : a desending Chromatic journey south,

Glad you're here, cos I need you tonight
Glad you're here, cos I need you, I need you tonight
Yeah I'm coming up for air
Hello, how you doing up here?

How's your old boyfriend, the one after me?
He hasn't seen a piano from this angle has he?

Gonna kiss you now with you
Going up on my one knee
The middle of this it goes on forever

Let it all out
The people 'round here can't hear themselves think
In the morning the planes
We can sleep right
Sleep right through them

Fine wine in the freezer
Some cat whining on the stereo, oh
Oh why did he leave her
Because we're all fools
My hand on your back, where your wings would have been if you had a pair
Now I'm not aching for you any more

Gonna kiss you now with you
Going up on my one knee
The middle of this, it goes on forever
Yeah, I'm coming up for air

(The Whitlams: Coming up for air, and might I say, nice 'liquid paper' work DP :D).

Tchocky
08-06-2010, 06:08 AM
Is Chelsea converting to Judaism? I'm glad Mevinsky's father got out of jail in time to attend his son's wedding.

dParis
08-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Tina, aside from the lovely little D, A, Bm, F#m, G, D, G, A pattern, do you not read the subliminal message(s) in the post above? This guy is one sly fox:

"...this 'piece' isn't that difficult to learn and it is one of my favorites"

Now if that isn't obvious enough, this next quote practically screams seduction:

"..and you can play around a little bit and HAVE FUN WITH 'IT' TOO ....once you master it"

Call me a Bassoon if you like but I'm telling ya Tina ballerina, he's lookin' to tickle your ivories (and ovaries): a desending Chromatic journey south, a few Trills to thrill leading to a nice, drawn-out Fugue. I know the type: they innocently start off at a Largo pace and then, Andante ... and then progressing to Allegro (uh-oh, now you're in trouble) ..... now you're approaching the point of no return Allegro appassion .....you're now "lost-in-the-sauce" delirious and the next thing you know, all's you can cry out is: "SOSTENUTO!!!......SOSTENUTO!!!.....PLEASE 'SOSTENUTO'!!!......FOREVER!!!!"
........Vivacissimo ...... kiss your sanity goodbye--you're a goner at this point. :razz:

Yes, what I was trying to say is, I think he wants to go the Pizzacato route with wild Notation on his Staff (ya wanna talk about "5-lines & four spaces?").

Bottom line: he's gonna try and have your Nocture flowing every which way.
My God - I have to towel myself off after reading this post. Have you no decency, Dedans? And please tread lightly regarding this T/FA business. I'd hate to see this rabbit startled and retreat into the brush never to be seen again. If we can remove ourselves from the situation we may be able to witness the beauty of nature taking its course via the Talk Tennis forums.

Tina
08-10-2010, 11:52 AM
It seems to me everyone enjoys gossip about me when I am not around^_^. I am just an ordinary woman. Thank you.

Love,

Tina