PDA

View Full Version : CC Genius "lacing system" durability?

tennistim777
08-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Hello, everyone. To all of you "CC Genius 2" owners, how has the "durability" of the lacing system hold up? After the bottom two lace holes, the laces go through small inner cloth style lace eyelets which are sew into the plastic/rubber side of the shoe. I like to tie my shoes tight and worry about the possibility of one of these cloth type eyelets being torn out of the shoe when I cinch down tight while tieing the shoe over a period of time. Has anyone had this happen, or does this style lacing system hold up strong over the life of the shoe? Thank you, in advance, to all that reply.

tennisnj
08-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Tennistim, while I can't vouch for the CC Genius's lacing durability, I can say that every line of Adidas I've worn, CC Boom, Tirand, Barricades, etc., I've had the same issues. I pop eyelets all the time b/c I need my sneakers tied VERY tight.

tennistim777
08-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Tennistim, while I can't vouch for the CC Genius's lacing durability, I can say that every line of Adidas I've worn, CC Boom, Tirand, Barricades, etc., I've had the same issues. I pop eyelets all the time b/c I need my sneakers tied VERY tight.

Thank you for your reply. Hmm...no CC Genius 2 owners out there care to chime in? How about any other brand owners of tennis shoes with this "inner" lace cloth type lacing system? How are yours holding up? Thanks again to all that reply.

Jaewonnie
08-11-2010, 08:30 AM
I have Genius 1s and theyre a year old and holding up fine. Nothing wrong with em, not much outsole wear either.

lostintravise
08-16-2010, 07:48 PM
I also have Genius 1s and the eyelet is holding up fine. The shoe laces have torn through but the eyelets are not particularly bad after 8months.

the wise wizard
08-17-2010, 11:14 AM
i have had 2 pairs of the Genius 2's and didnt have any issues

tennistim777
08-20-2010, 05:27 PM
i have had 2 pairs of the Genius 2's and didnt have any issues

Thanks everyone, looks like I'll be buying a pair of the Genius 2's. I wish the black/white pair were at the $89 price point. I see only the green/white, and blue/yellow pair are at that price for the exact same shoe....hmm, guessing those colors aren't selling that well, huh? Any ideas?