PDA

View Full Version : Black socks

tennisoh
08-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Any trick to keep them from fading? I wash them cold, let them dry by themselves on a line, but they still fade quickly. Should I just buy the dri-fit Nike socks or those that don't have as much cotton in them? It's annoying how I can only wear a pair maybe a handful of times before they are faded badly.

BobFL
08-01-2010, 06:15 PM
less cotton = more durable color :) seriously, if you want them to keep the color longer you have no other choice. You must switch to more synthetic stuff...

tennisoh
08-01-2010, 08:13 PM
That's what I figured. What are some good ones? I wear Nike and Adidas shoes, so I prefer either Nike or Adidas socks, or ones with no logo showing at all. I also prefer crew but quarter is fine too.

High Roller
08-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Thorlo and Euro Socks black socks hold their color very well. I will try the U/A soon. Bottom line: you get what you pay for.

[d]ragon
08-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Between Nike and Adidas black crew socks, Nike's are nicer. Last longer and maintain their color. They are thinner though

PureAlph4
08-02-2010, 05:42 AM
I find that Nike Dri-fit socks fade and bobble after washing much faster than crews and shorts (maybe resultant from higher natural fibre content).

Just as with other items I find that turning them inside out (yes, EVEN your socks!) prior to washing on a cool cycle helps maintain their original state much longer.

With regard to the original poster, I presume you refer to cotton socks being washed at a warm or hot temperature. The steps above MIGHT be help.

mctennis
08-02-2010, 06:40 AM
Try the Cheer for darks. It works great as long as you wash them in cold.